Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2013, 07:41   #241
Team-BHP Support

Re: Apple's Tablet aka iPad announced! EDIT:New iPad Mini Launched & New iPad Refresh

Apple sends invites for Oct 22. New iPads coming.

http://www.businessweek.com/news/201...veil-new-ipads
Old 30th November 2013, 14:18   #242
BHPian

Re: Apple's Tablet aka iPad announced! EDIT:New iPad Mini Launched & New iPad Refresh

Is the iPad4 a good buy now? I know the ipad air and the retina mini are out and will shortly arrive at our shores, but the ipad 4(16gb wifi cellular) is available for about 34k. Is it a good bargain?
Old 3rd December 2013, 17:55   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riturajsharma19 View Post
Is the iPad4 a good buy now? I know the ipad air and the retina mini are out and will shortly arrive ....
The main differences are the A7 processor and the slight change in design. The prices have also come out, 35900 for wifi one. Decide on whats your main usage or purpose.
Old 17th December 2013, 23:27   #244
BHPian

After lot of deliberations from the cheapest tab in the market to nexus to kindle to Samsung tab, note we finally decided to go for ipad mini

Now within ipad, the options were to buy from India, US and to buy with retina or without

But finally decided to but the mini without retina and in India

Checked all apple stores in pune but none had stock of 16gb wifi, one offered to bring it from their Mumbai store in two days for which we said yes

Came back home, checked on amazon and flipkart the prices were 2500/- lower, taking some more time in further discount coupon hunting, when I returned to amazon the next day the deal of 19200/- was over and were back at map, so rushed to flipkart which gave the next best pricing of 19710/-

Closed the deal on COD, the merchandise has been shipped and shd be delivered tomorrow

Hope al the decision making results into a worthwhile experience 😶
Old 18th December 2013, 20:44   #245
BHPian

iPad mini Screen broken! Need Help!

This is the first time I am looking for tech-help on Team BHP. I bought an iPad mini the last year!. It was working brilliantly but today it slipped out of my hand and landed facedown. The screen is now cracked and Apple is quoting Rs.15000 for a replacement/repair!

Anybody who can help with it or knows a repairing guy in Delhi NCR?

Thanks!
Old 18th December 2013, 21:57   #246
Team-BHP Support

Can't comment on Delhi by the same thing happened to my iPad 2nd gen in mumbai. There was a local sort of chaalu shop that replaced the screen for a mere (relative) 3000 I think. I chose that instead of the exorbitant amount apple had quoted which was about 20k. I'm sure you should find someone similar in Delhi as well. My iPad is working absolutely fine since the repair.
Old 18th December 2013, 22:01   #247
Senior - BHPian

Re: iPad mini Screen broken! Need Help!

Check this. I haven't used their services, but either I read about them or heard about them on Radio. http://irepair.in/

I am not related to them in anyway.
Old 18th December 2013, 22:02   #248
BHPian

You should go to gaffar market near Karol bagh in Delhi and they will certainly do the job for you. The rates would be around ₹3000. The I pad will work fine. But please ensure that you do not leave the iPad there. Ask them to do it in front of you. I know many people who have done this and are quite happy.
Old 18th December 2013, 22:06   #249
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
Check this. I haven't used their services, but either I read about them or heard about them on Radio. http://irepair.in/

I am not related to them in anyway.
I know a friend who got his ipad2 screen replaced from this place and they've done a decent job at a fraction of what the apple store quoted (at their Bangalore branch).
*Ditto - I am not related to them in anyway.
Old 18th December 2013, 22:19   #250
mvp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilwearsprada View Post
This is the first time I am looking for tech-help on Team BHP. I bought an iPad mini the last year!. It was working brilliantly but today it slipped out of my hand and landed facedown. The screen is now cracked and Apple is quoting Rs.15000 for a replacement/repair! Anybody who can help with it or knows a repairing guy in Delhi NCR? Thanks!

Gaffar market. There are several shops and they do a good job. Better not to experiment anywhere else
Old 18th December 2013, 22:59   #251
BHPian

Thanks guys! I was planning to check out Ghaffar tomorrow. I hope the charges are nominal!
Old 19th December 2013, 01:37   #252

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilwearsprada View Post
This is the first time I am looking for tech-help on Team BHP. I bought an iPad mini the last year!. It was working brilliantly but today it slipped out of my hand and landed facedown. The screen is now cracked and Apple is quoting Rs.15000 for a replacement/repair!

Anybody who can help with it or knows a repairing guy in Delhi NCR?

Thanks!
My advice would be that you get it replaced from apple because the screen which you get from someplace else may or may not be a genuine one . There is also possibilities for problems like image retention creeping up.

If you are planning to do a DIY. Check this out http://www.ebay.com/bhp/original-ipa...en-replacement
Old 19th December 2013, 12:12   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marley View Post
My advice would be that you get it replaced from apple because the screen which you get from someplace else may or may not be a genuine one . There is also possibilities for problems like image retention creeping up.

If you are planning to do a DIY. Check this out http://www.ebay.com/bhp/original-ipa...en-replacement
Hi, The main problem is Apple doesn't go for repairs but only for replacements which are expensive!
Old 19th December 2013, 13:53   #254
BHPian

Re: Macbook Air screen cracked

Sorry to hijack your thread.
Something somewhat similar happened to me about 5 months ago with my Macbook Air. My mum dropped her phone on the open laptop. It was a tiny little crack on the inside panel, about 2cm in diameter. It kept getting bigger on its own. In my mind I thought a new screen would cost 10k max. Boy,was I wrong. Couple of computer shops I took it to, said haan haan screen replacement ho jayega, then on seeing it they said apple uses a very thin lcd and the part itself is very expensive etc etc.
Apple's service was quite putting off. I was quite busy that time, the service centre's are open only till 6 on weekdays and closed on Sundays!! and bloody crowded. Managed to go to the one in Galleria and the centre in Chakkarpur. Was quoted something ridiculous like 35k plus tax. I don't remember if they said they'd fix it or replace it with a refurbished piece. I was halfway out of the shop.
We didn't see the point in spending so much money on a 2 year old computer. Went to Imagine. Tried to inquire if I could trade it in and with a student discount get a good deal on a new one. They don't do trade-ins.
Needed a computer badly that time. So bought a Samsung ultrabook.
The Macbook works fine, it powers on. I had a projector output adapter, I connected it to a desktop monitor and backed up all the data. That time, you could see what's on the screen inspite of the crack. Today I switched it on after a long time to take a picture to show you guys, you can't see anything on the screen. The crack seems to have got even worse on its own.
I have been meaning to go to Nehru Place for months now.I don't really have any need for the mac anymore, I'd be glad to sell it. But, if I can repair it cheaply I'd do that.
I discovered this site- karmarecycling.in Does anyone have any experience with them?
I entered my Macs specs and details and that the screen is damaged and got a quote of ~20k. I'm more inclined to sell it now. Please advise guys

The iPad Thread-img_20131219_133310-2.jpg

Last edited by promit : 19th December 2013 at 13:55.
Old 19th December 2013, 14:49   #255
BHPian

Hi
Talk to these people ...its a small shop in between fedex office & reliance in sant nagar.

http://www.ziontechnologies.co.in/contact.htm

I got Ipad 2 screen replaced for 5k in july 2012. (my nephew got it from US on his india trip and broke it, now its back in usa and working fine)
Iphone 3gs screen replaced for 2k 6 months back.
they use original apple parts and provide 3-6 months warranty too.

This is anyday more reliable than Gaffar shop.

Last edited by deeps79 : 19th December 2013 at 14:51. Reason: added more information

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks