Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2013, 07:42   #256
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anupam View Post
After lot of deliberation, decided to go for ipad dde36
Flip kart as usual delivered efficiently and in time, just realised that it terribly needs a bumper and a cover, we have two under 10 kids at home who are fighting it over day and night

In this case since the situation was desperate I walked into the apple store next door and picked up the capdase bookcase flip jacket for 2400/- it seemed to meet all the needs, has a silicon bumper and back guard enclosed in pseudo leather book case, there was another similar option in genuine leather but passed that because it did not have the silicon bumper inside, so far so good

In few days I will come to know if I am missing the iPad or iPad mini is fine

Also what would be the best and vfm option to create portable wifi
Old 20th December 2013, 09:10   #257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... Also what would be the best and vfm option to create portable wifi
Get a TP Link wi-fi router. I did the same as Wi-Fi reception of iPad Mini is terrible. Costs just ~900. Advantage is even other devices like TV, Xbox, etc with LAN can be connected.
Old 20th December 2013, 11:27   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
Get a TP Link wi-fi router. I did the same as Wi-Fi reception of iPad Mini is terrible. Costs just ~900. Advantage is even other devices like TV, Xbox, etc with LAN can be connected.
Thanks Dear, I already have a wifi router at home, I am looking for something which is portable with battery backup and can use data card or LAN as a input source, so that it can be used while travelling or in hotels or new places to create local hotspot and I can hookup all the gadgets

there is one such model with TP link costing around 2.5k but I was told by the salesman that there are bugs in it, and needs frequent reset

Is there any other such device in the market?
Old 20th December 2013, 17:49   #259
mvp
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Dear, I already have a wifi router at home, I am looking for something which is portable with battery backup and can use data card or LAN as a input source, so that it can be used while travelling or in hotels or new places to create local hotspot and I can hookup all the gadgets there is one such model with TP link costing around 2.5k but I was told by the salesman that there are bugs in it, and needs frequent reset Is there any other such device in the market?
Are u not comfortable with using your smart phone as a hotspot?
Old 23rd December 2013, 20:54   #260
BHPian

Guys, I am back with my iPad. Long story short, couple or more drops of my iPad 2 and the digitizer shattered. It was usable, but do not want to risk getting hurt. So my hunt began in sourcing the parts and DIY.
First purchase from eBay and the package was lost in transit. In the wan time, my DIY in peeling of the digitizer went berserk and I peeled off the wifi flex cable too.
This wifi flex cable was costing a bomb in eBay. Luckily there was a chap who was selling it cheap. Took the risk and bought. Tried my luck with Amazon for the digitizer and I am lucky.
Yesterday, ventured in DIY
Today I am typing here with my iPad. The digitizer isn't a great fit, but does the job well. I am one happy soul and it's a breeze using iOS 7 on the iPad.
Old 10th January 2014, 01:19   #261
Senior - BHPian

Re: The iPad Thread

Guys,

Got 2 x 32GB iPad Air Silver Wi-Fi.

Please suggest good screen guard and cover.

Thank you.
Old 12th January 2014, 12:05   #262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen_Power View Post
Guys, Got 2 x 32GB iPad Air Silver Wi-Fi. Please suggest good screen guard and cover. Thank you.
I don't recommend the screen guard. It kills the smooth touch that is treat to use.

With respect to covers I recommend covers from twelve south or something that you deem appropriate depending on your need to protect. Sleeves don't work, origami style covers add bulk. Speck has some good ones.
Old 12th January 2014, 17:30   #263
BHPian

I got a good deal on the ipad4 32gb wifi & cellular and couldn't let it go. This happens to be my first tablet and so far the experience has been really good.
Old 12th January 2014, 23:57   #264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
I don't recommend the screen guard. It kills the smooth touch that is treat to use.

With respect to covers I recommend covers from twelve south or something that you deem appropriate depending on your need to protect. Sleeves don't work, origami style covers add bulk. Speck has some good ones.
Thanks for suggestions.

I do not like sleeves or origami covers.

Apple original looks sweet however will have to check out at store.
Old 13th January 2014, 01:54   #265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
Twelve south products are very expensive, especially the bookbook cases which look classy though, selling for Rs. 8000 on amazon India

I own one from Capdase the folder types for my iPad 3rd generation: http://www.capdase.com/minisite/ipad...3&c3=83&id=360 - these are not bad either more importantly i paid some 3K when i bought it an year back
Old 21st January 2014, 18:03   #266

Whatever happened to the Apple's own Safari Browser?
It has today suddenly gone missing from my iPad2; nor is it to be found in their Stores.
Old 22nd January 2014, 15:23   #267
BHPian

Howdy folks!

Need some recommendations for a case. Need one for the new iPad mini with Retina Display.
I've already got the Smart Cover, so just looking for something that can cover the back.

Any suggestions? Anything in Leather would be preferred. Not too keen on plastic.

Thanks in advance! Cheers!
Old 22nd January 2014, 23:41   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourav9385 View Post
Howdy folks! Need some recommendations for a case. Need one for the new iPad mini with Retina Display. I've already got the Smart Cover, so just looking for something that can cover the back. Any suggestions? Anything in Leather would be preferred. Not too keen on plastic. Thanks in advance! Cheers!
Please checkout for Capdase Leather BookCase for IPad mini

I found it in Apple store as well as Reliance Digital, the damage is 2.5 k, but is totally worth it
Old 23rd January 2014, 08:40   #269
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourav9385 View Post
Howdy folks! Need some recommendations for a case. Need one for the new iPad mini with Retina Display. I've already got the Smart Cover, so just looking for something that can cover the back. Any suggestions? Anything in Leather would be preferred. Not too keen on plastic. Thanks in advance! Cheers!
I bought a leather case off eBay for Rs.600/-. Its the same thing that capdase sells. It's held up very well since the last 1 year.

EDIT : Just checked, they're now selling at ~300/-
The iPad Thread-image1962098955.jpg

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 23rd January 2014 at 08:51.
Old 23rd January 2014, 12:04   #270
BHPian

Quote:
Please checkout for Capdase Leather BookCase for IPad mini
Folks - I need some review on Mini, I just sold of my Asus TF101, best Tab I had for years. I have zeroed upon Ipad Mini for the next buy.

Can anyone tell me the shortcommings? I'm looking for Cellular services pad, so that my folks at home can use with an ease.

Is it a good buy?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks