Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2012, 18:29   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD

That is in which, iPad 2 or 3?

I bought an iPad3 4G WiFi, used for ~ a month. Found that the 4G feature is pretty useless untill the device is not accompanied with Calling function. I was out one day & my 3G sim was in the iPad. All this while I never knew who was trying to reach my number & myself could not make calls. I really got irritated that day & decided to get rid of the device. It turned out lucky as I was able to dispose it off just before iPad4 arrival. The resale would have taken a hit post the launch!

Solo Wifi models make more sense as one can tether with 3G phones easily. So out of iPad 2, 3, 4 & mini, 2 + WiFi makes most sense.
That would be the ipad3. For those who can wait I think it will be better we wait till April when apple again refreshes the iPad with the new design language seen on the iPhone 5 and iPad mini.
Old 5th November 2012, 09:47   #107
BHPian

Re: iPad-ed !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
It has really ended up on dashboards :-)
http://venturebeat.com/2012/11/03/ip...hboards-video/
Old 17th November 2012, 14:01   #108
BHPian

Re: Apple's Tablet aka iPad announced! EDIT:New iPad Mini Launched & New iPad Refresh

How much should a 16gm wifi only i-pad 2 cost ? I am planning to get one tommorow
Old 17th November 2012, 14:02   #109
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder
How much should a 16gm wifi only i-pad 2 cost ? I am planning to get one tommorow
Between 22 and 24.5 k at last count.
A fine thing to buy indeed. I gifted one to my folks last May and they love it.
Old 17th November 2012, 15:04   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I recommend iPad mini rather than going in for iPad 2. Reason: not a great difference in screen and its latest hardware (apart from processor, that's same). It will be less likely to be obsolete. The weight is less for a holding it for long hours and color rendition is better on ipad mini. I however am typing on iPad 2

Cheers!
Old 17th November 2012, 16:04   #111
BHPian

Re: Apple's Tablet aka iPad announced! EDIT:New iPad Mini Launched & New iPad Refresh

And how much is the I-pad mini for ? Is it also categorised as 16/32/64 GB models
Old 17th November 2012, 16:09   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And how much is the I-pad mini for ? Is it also categorised as 16/32/64 GB models
I think it will save you some dough. It is $330 stateside translating to something around 18k in India. Kindly check your nearest Apple reseller.
Old 18th November 2012, 01:18   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
I recommend iPad mini rather than going in for iPad 2. Reason: not a great difference in screen and its latest hardware (apart from processor, that's same). It will be less likely to be obsolete. The weight is less for a holding it for long hours and color rendition is better on ipad mini. I however am typing on iPad 2

Cheers!
how can ipad 2 go obsolete when it shares same processor?
Old 18th November 2012, 10:18   #114
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kippu View Post
how can ipad 2 go obsolete when it shares same processor?
If someone is new to the Apple ecosystem, I think going with the iPad mini or the new iPad makes more sense. With LTE, 1080p HD video recording etc., the newer ones definitely have an edge. And not to forget the new lightening connector which will be standard for the next few years.
Old 18th November 2012, 11:05   #115
AWD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
I think going with the iPad mini or the new iPad makes more sense. With LTE,
LTE not functional in India, its not even fully 3G! Guess Mini also records videos in 1080P..?

I still consider the iPad2 Wifi to be the best buy, its prices have hit rock bottom, its tried & tested & form factor is similar to 3,4. I purchased new 3 only to be dissapointed becasue of faulty WiFi. New 4 is highly priced & performance remains to be seen...

Last edited by AWD : 18th November 2012 at 11:09.
Old 18th November 2012, 11:11   #116
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD

LTE not functional in India, its not even fully 3G! Guess Mini also records videos in 1080P..?
Yes, the mini have 1080p video recording. And I personally found the size much more appealing than the regular sized iPad.
Old 18th November 2012, 14:21   #117
Senior - BHPian

iPad Mini has new internals, iPad 2 shares those but a generation old. iPad 3 and 4 will also see a similar form factor as iPad Mini in coming iterations.

iPad 2 is obsolete as its faster brethren the 4 is here, iPad 3 became obsolete as soon as iPad 4 was announced.

The biggest differentiator as mentioned earlier is the lightening port. The new accessories will form part of the eco-system. I have iPad 2 as I use it as my only computing device and have a huge amount of accessories and that I did not like the heft of 3 and 4. I am sure newer iPads will be really something. Also given that you do not lose on the pixels and the form factor is much more user friendly I suggested iPad mini.

iPad 2 has been in the market to cater to the VFM segment and the Business customers. Apple after a very long time has appealed to the enterprise and they would not want to kill a successful product, having said that they are now wanting their customers to board the upgrade cycle and for many organizations its either after 2 years or 3. Thus iPad 4 will become standard with the new accessories for business. Processor performance is blazing fast with beautiful retina display.

Apple is finding its footing and from what they have invested in (infrastructure) they will want to reap the scale by having similar bodies and thus I am very sure of iPad 5 with mini/iphone like body. I simply love that design much more than the plastics of other manufacture or even all glass as their earlier iphones.

Right now iPad Mini is the best value for money IMHO.
Old 19th December 2012, 15:01   #118
Senior - BHPian

Guys, any idea about the ipad mini pricing? I think it is seriously cool given its size and weight.
Old 19th December 2012, 15:14   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Guys, any idea about the ipad mini pricing? I think it is seriously cool given its size and weight.
16GB without cellular is 21900.
Old 19th December 2012, 18:03   #120
Senior - BHPian

I got the 32 GB mini from Flipkart. They are offering a 0% EMI on certain cards.

I am happy in the last one week of use. I didnt like the iPad size hence went for the mini. My use for browsing, light gaming, some video and songs works well on the Mini. The build quality is amazing and on par with the iPhone 5. No panel gaps and shaky plastics.

I am an Apple user for a while, hence didnt bother much comparison with other devices. Eco system matters a lot to me. But the Tab 2.0 is the best tablet I have used.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks