Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2017, 13:53   #2926
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Home Theater thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uprasenjit View Post
... Very few have heard about Taga and honestly I also didnt hear about it until I started researching.

I bought the 506v2 model which is 5.0. T.
Excellent post. I would request pictures of the final setup.
Have you auditioned any other speakers to get a comparison?

Most speakers I have auditioned so far seem to be very sharp (or perhaps 'bright' is the right word?)

I found the JBL Home cinema to be better than the more expensive combinations of Pioneer + Morels or Yamaha + Definitive and one more combination which now I cannot remember.
Old 10th February 2017, 14:06   #2927
BHPian

Movies and music has a very different requirement of sound.
Home theater system is more inclined towards providing better picture than sound. Whereas stereo speakers offers better clarity and accurate sound.

This Taga model is combination of both (as per the manufacturer). With a proper AVR you can choose what kind of sound you want to hear.

https://www.cnet.com/news/hi-fi-vs-h...he-difference/
Old 10th February 2017, 19:58   #2928
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
The first one, I carried as is. I bought it in its box from target and drove straight to the airport. No camouflage or anything and walked out green channel. Second one, I unwrapped and packed it in my soft carry case - check in luggage, padded with pillows. Again on the way to the airport. The speakers are really small and do not occupy too much space. The woofer is largish, size of a typical CPU tower box. again no issues in customs or anything.
Wonderful!

I was apprehensive about getting the woofer in one single piece, what with all throwing up and pushing around it has to experience during the flight.

About customs, like now the system being available for less than $300/-, I hope should be well within our allowance. Isn't it?

Also, Are there 110V only US versions of cinemate 15?

Quote:
Have a look at this one. Am traveling this weekend to the US and am considering bringing this back for my friend.
https://www.amazon.com/Bose-SoundTouch-Soundbar-Wireless-Acoustimass/dp/B01N1NM0JX
I would NOT be keen on this, as we need to power up the wireless speakers. At home, we have built-in wiring done for sound, NOT for power.

Anyways, let us know how this went about!

Thank You!

Last edited by JMaruru : 10th February 2017 at 20:22.
Old 19th February 2017, 09:37   #2929
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Also, Are there 110V only US versions of cinemate 15?
I picked up the Bose Soundtouch 300 sound bar and surround speakers today from bestbuy. Did not purchase the bass module as I cannot carry it back to India due to other baggage. It says 120v on the laptop like adapter, think it should work on 220v as well, will know when I plug it in.
Old 25th February 2017, 08:17   #2930
BHPian

Re: 5.0 from USA for India?

Guys!

I have closed in on these 5.0 speakers from USA for HT(Marantz NR1506) back in India.

Fronts:
Pioneer SP-BS22-LR Andrew Jones Designed Bookshelf Loudspeakers :- Could this be wall mountable?

https://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-SP-BS...ones+bookshelf

Center:
Pioneer SP-C22 Andrew Jones Designed Center Channel Speaker

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008NCD2EI...=IG8M4A8PQABUR

Surrounds:
Polk Audio OWM3 On-Wall Speaker (Pair, Black)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0018QNYVM...XXW9I0HS&psc=1

Please pour in your suggestions!

Last edited by JMaruru : 25th February 2017 at 08:23.
Old 25th February 2017, 10:43   #2931
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I picked up the Bose Soundtouch 300 sound bar and surround speakers today from bestbuy. Did not purchase the bass module as I cannot carry it back to India due to other baggage. It says 120v on the laptop like adapter, think it should work on 220v as well, will know when I plug it in.
Won't you run the risk of burning it out?
Old 25th February 2017, 10:55   #2932
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
It says 120v on the laptop like adapter, think it should work on 220v as well, will know when I plug it in.
That's some confidence
Unless mentioned as 100-250v, don't assume it's an international adapter, it could simply go bust when you plug it in back in India.
Old 25th February 2017, 11:08   #2933
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Won't you run the risk of burning it out?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
it could simply go bust when you plug it in back in India.
Actually both the earlier units I purchased also say 120v but they work on 220v without any issue for the past 2 years.
Old 27th February 2017, 21:58   #2934
BHPian

Hi,
Looking for a home theatre system within 10k budget. Mainly for watching movies & formula 1 races on TV.

Any suggestions?
Old 1st March 2017, 01:29   #2935
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racingmachine View Post
Hi,
Looking for a home theatre system within 10k budget. Mainly for watching movies & formula 1 races on TV.

Any suggestions?
You wouldn't be able to get a decent sound bar also, with that budget.

For around 30K, you can start looking at Yamaha HTiB.
Old 1st March 2017, 12:41   #2936
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racingmachine View Post
Hi,

Any suggestions?
You can get Sony DAV-TZ145 Home Theatre System at Rs 10,000+ on Amazon. Again, the sound quality is something which you will have to try and see if you like it. I am sure you can try them out in one of the Electronics outlet.
Old 1st March 2017, 13:26   #2937
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uprasenjit View Post
I am really happy with the speaker and would recommend. I dont think you will get anything close to what these speakers can deliver within this price.

[/center]
What about the Sub Woofer? Don't you think without it, the movie experience is not as good. This looks like a setup you would use for an Audio System.

Asking as my Sub-woofer has gone kaput and I might replace the whole speaker setup than the Sub itself as the Sub literally costs 60% of the setup.
Old 1st March 2017, 16:47   #2938
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
What about the Sub Woofer? Don't you think without it, the movie experience is not as good. This looks like a setup you would use for an Audio System.

Asking as my Sub-woofer has gone kaput and I might replace the whole speaker setup than the Sub itself as the Sub literally costs 60% of the setup.
A sub-woofer is always better. But I think movies are good without the sub. The sound is very clear and loud. The floor stands has sub drivers which is enough for my room. I have been watching lot of movies lately with this setup and everyone has appreciated. The experience is very close to a movie theater.

That was initial setup, now its a proper 5.0 setup with 2 surrounds at the rear. I have kept the rears on stand, height is around 4 feet. I have not mounted them on the wall. I will post a picture later.

Last edited by Uprasenjit : 1st March 2017 at 16:48.
Old 2nd March 2017, 01:15   #2939
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post

I have a pair of polk audio tsi 300 tower speakers mated to a Norge Audio 2060 amp. I am very happy with the sound quality for both movies and music and the bass also sounds quite impressive to me.
Old 12th March 2017, 01:03   #2940
Distinguished - BHPian

I have a denon 5.2 amp running my Bose acousticmass 5.1 speaker system however I don't have outdoor speakers setup for my terrace and I often have to use my Bluetooth dock for music there. Is there anyway I can have my iPhone connect to my denon and Bluetooth dock simultaneously so I can have the same music playing in both areas?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks