Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2017, 19:30   #706
Senior - BHPian

Re: Amazon Kindle

I'm facing an issue with my Kindle Fire. It's become very sluggish. Almost impossible to read anything. Should I do a factory reset or is there any other solution.
Old 16th May 2017, 15:06   #707
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Does it do the job, ie facilitate hands-free reading ?
Yes, it does a decent job! The elastic band is flexible yet holds on well. The only slightly clumsy process is to fix the cover back into the closed position.
Old 15th June 2017, 00:16   #708
BHPian

Again offers on ereaders are going on on Amazon. The sellers are different namely estore and gizmos unlimited. Will this affect warranty? I am tempted though I am not an avid reader. I have some ebooks already downloaded on mobile app and yet to read.

Last edited by HydroFuel : 15th June 2017 at 00:19.
Old 15th June 2017, 07:12   #709
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydroFuel View Post
Again offers on ereaders are going on on Amazon. The sellers are different namely estore and gizmos unlimited. Will this affect warranty? I am tempted though I am not an avid reader. I have some ebooks already downloaded on mobile app and yet to read.
Check the feedback of these sellers. With the 25% cap on any single seller's GMV on any online marketplace, Amazon is quietly but rapidly moving away from the Cloudtail strategy to multiple smaller sellers. The latter are usually just as good and reputed as Cloudtail or Olympia Industries
Old 15th June 2017, 11:01   #710
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Check the feedback of these sellers. With the 25% cap on any single seller's GMV on any online marketplace, Amazon is quietly but rapidly moving away from the Cloudtail strategy to multiple smaller sellers. The latter are usually just as good and reputed as Cloudtail or Olympia Industries
So these offers are from Amazon Kindle or sellers? The sellers' ratings are above 4 and more than 1k. Even Croma gives 10% discounts on kindle many times. But these offers are great. May go for paperwhite wifi.
In the past I have bought many times from Cloudtail and their delivery is fast and products are also new and mostly latest.
Old 17th June 2017, 05:47   #711
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Thank you. This is a legitimate site unlike all the other boot legging sites out there.

Yes Bookbub is not a bootlegger!
I ve got a few books off of them.
Nice stuff.
Old 7th July 2017, 22:06   #712
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KD007 View Post
For free e-books for Kindle, Kobo and Google

Happy Reading !
Hello KD007,
Thank you so much for this valuable post. Just created an account today, will see the deals tomorrow.

Just a question: You don't pay anything to this particular site right? If my assumption is correct, you are just directed to Amazon, Google or Kobo right?

Cheers.
Old 8th July 2017, 09:42   #713
BHPian

No payment. Just need to subscribe through email. And yes, you get directed to respective content owner websites (at least for Kindle it takes me to Amazon)
What I like is that I can set preferences, a good aggregator of deals in one place vs. going through several pages at Amazon, no pain of downloading/ converting and obviously that it is truly free with no strings attached.
Happy reading.
Old 25th July 2017, 14:33   #714
BHPian

My Kindle Paperwhite just went in coma! The touch is not working anymore despite restarts and everything else. Kindle team without any investigation is just recommending replacement! Strangely it started working on it's own for a while before dying again. Unsure of what next steps can be done. I am just waiting for the battery to drain out and then charging the thing again.
Old 25th July 2017, 15:07   #715
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpeshc View Post
My Kindle Paperwhite just went in coma! The touch is not working anymore despite restarts and everything else. Kindle team without any investigation is just recommending replacement! Strangely it started working on it's own for a while before dying again. Unsure of what next steps can be done. I am just waiting for the battery to drain out and then charging the thing again.
Even my Kindle Paperwhite went in coma. I tried everything like restarting, factory reset, waiting till battery got dead still touch does not seem to respond any more.
Got a secondhand one from OLX (all in all I think I'm an unfortunate guy who had to replace 3 kindles in a time-frame of 4 years or so, 2 times warranty replacement and the current one Pre-worshipped one).
I think the quality of Kindle is not up-to the mark as all the other tablets/laptops do last a lot better.
I'm still using the first iPhone (as music player in car), iPod Nano and touch still works which are more than 5 years old.
Still the coolness of Kindle made me buy that. When ever I read in tablets during night before sleep I can see color/stars after closing the eyes which is not present while reading book or Kindle.
Wish Kindle is made of better quality.
Old 25th July 2017, 15:30   #716
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozhissery View Post
When ever I read in tablets during night before sleep I can see color/stars after closing the eyes which is not present while reading book or Kindle.
This is in fact the selling point of the Kindle! The eye strain in tablets or mobiles is due to the blue light in those back lit displays. Kindle has a front lit display which does not cause eye strain even if you read for hours at a stretch. Very sad to know the quality of the Kindle is not up to the mark nowadays.
Old 25th July 2017, 17:31   #717
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozhissery View Post
Even my Kindle Paperwhite went in coma. I tried everything like restarting, factory reset, waiting till battery got dead still touch does not seem to respond any more.
Got a secondhand one from OLX (all in all I think I'm an unfortunate guy who had to replace 3 kindles in a time-frame of 4 years or so, 2 times warranty replacement and the current one Pre-worshipped one).
I think the quality of Kindle is not up-to the mark as all the other tablets/laptops do last a lot better.
I'm still using the first iPhone (as music player in car), iPod Nano and touch still works which are more than 5 years old.
Still the coolness of Kindle made me buy that. When ever I read in tablets during night before sleep I can see color/stars after closing the eyes which is not present while reading book or Kindle.
Wish Kindle is made of better quality.
To be fair to them, my Kindle is quite old (maybe 4-5 years not sure). I'd bought it in the US from amazon.com and the build quality was quite good. I used it daily for so many years, but the only change is that for the first time I waited till the low battery notification is displayed. I always used to charge before that. In 4-5 years, first time the notification came on and I've not been able to use it despite full charge again.
Old 26th July 2017, 22:15   #718
Senior - BHPian

My Kindle text has started fading. It is hardly crisp and black as it used to be. Any one knows where this can be repaired? Messages to Amazon remain unanswered. I think I will never buy any Kindle devices in the future and use my old and trusty Nexus 7 with Kindle app instead.
Old 26th July 2017, 22:24   #719
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
Any one knows where this can be repaired? Messages to Amazon remain unanswered. I think I will never buy any Kindle devices in the future and use my old and trusty Nexus 7 with Kindle app instead.
AFAIK, there is no way to repair a Kindle. If it is in warranty then it will get replaced or else we are stranded! This is not a good situation actually but I think the way these devices are made leave no room for repair?
Old 26th July 2017, 22:43   #720
BHPian

For those into DIY, it is fairly easy to repair / replace parts in the Kindle. I replaced the keyboard, battery and display in my dad's Kindle (2010 edition bought for over 12k back then) last year - took those parts from my uncle's Kindle which went dead in less than 2 yrs - as reported by others here, Amazon said they wouldn't be able to repair it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks