Team-BHP - Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/83859-android-thread-phones-apps-mods-932.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgiitk (Post 3053494)
Very odd, it is neither the old Remington keyboard (de facto standard in Typrewriters) nor the new ISCII keyboard!!

I am using panini hindi IME which is quite good and has prediction capability.
Typing सन्युक्ताक्षर like क्ष,त्र,ज्ञ is easy.
IME need not be standard typewriter as it is not touch/gesture friendly.

Google ime looks like transliteration tool from roman to devnagri.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vaisakhr (Post 3053573)
That is not the Canvas HD, its the canvas2. And you can get one those in between 9.5 to 10k max in the retail market.

Vaisakh, MMX A110 was sold off like hot cakes and almost all online stores are out of stock and so is the condition with retail shops. My B/L is patiently waiting for that, he made the payment at shopclues.com and after 3 days he got a call from them stating that its out of stock presently and by first week of March they can desptach the item. In the mean while I've ordered few accessories like flip cover and screen gaurd etc. which is lying idle just because of this.:deadhorse

Quote:

Originally Posted by sajjt (Post 3053836)
Vaisakh, MMX A110 was sold off like hot cakes and almost all online stores are out of stock and so is the condition with retail shops. My B/L is patiently waiting for that, he made the payment at shopclues.com and after 3 days he got a call from them stating that its out of stock presently and by first week of March they can desptach the item. In the mean while I've ordered few accessories like flip cover and screen gaurd etc. which is lying idle just because of this.:deadhorse

I am waiting for the canvas hd. Its been almost 15 days after they have announced it, still haven't hit the shops.

Btw, canvas 2 is available at penta menaka. (alif mobiles to be precise)

I really meant to buy a phone tomorrow or day after max.But,I'm thoroughly confused. Saw the phones at croma, and prices at another place where my folks buy our phones from. S3-28k, Grand 20.5k. Then I stumbled upon the Xperia SL. Anyone using the SL? Going to sleep over it. It's going to be one of these!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgiitk (Post 3053615)
Somehow my Incredible2 (Gingerbread) is still on Market. Is there any way of upgrading to Play? htc are still to launch 4.x for the Incredible, it is due but still work in progress.

That's odd. The Market is supposed to update to the Play Store automatically, right?

My Explorer which was on GB used to get all the updates.

Well, if that isn't happening then you can download the Play Store apk and manually install it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speed.Demon (Post 3054448)
That's odd. The Market is supposed to update to the Play Store automatically, right?

My Explorer which was on GB used to get all the updates.

Well, if that isn't happening then you can download the Play Store apk and manually install it.

If it is not updating Automatically, just go to Applications. Locate Market, force close it and then restart the application. In all probability it will download & install the Play Store.

I have had the same problem with my phone quite some time back. Did this and update happened automatically.

Can anyone give details on how to download movies onto ones android phone / tablet? When going on a long journey would like to watch movies on the plane. Please give clear instructions,have really struggled thru installations.

Also, if someone knows how to download on iPad. Which apps are required and how. Preferably free apps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wheeliej (Post 3054508)
Can anyone give details on how to download movies onto ones android phone / tablet? When going on a long journey would like to watch movies on the plane. Please give clear instructions,have really struggled thru installations.

Also, if someone knows how to download on iPad. Which apps are required and how. Preferably free apps.

Can you please clarify what you mean by "download"? If you want to get movies on your PC to android, just copy past the file to your SD card and play from your movie player. I use BS Player :thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by vaisakhr (Post 3054044)
I am waiting for the canvas hd. Its been almost 15 days after they have announced it, still haven't hit the shops.

Btw, canvas 2 is available at penta menaka. (alif mobiles to be precise)

THanks man:) Made a visit to Alif but the price is still on the higher side 11.5K, and only white was available. Bought one and cancelled the online purchase.

Initial impression: Its a true VFM but can't compare with other branded dual core machines with this as it lags like anything with pre installed apps and settings. May be I should visit XDA A110 forums for rooting and tweaking:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wheeliej (Post 3054508)

Goodplayer for ipad.

Just Got my White Galaxy Grand. Can anyone tell how how to take screenshots/ Print screen on Grand?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gurudatta Nayak (Post 3055243)
Just Got my White Galaxy Grand. Can anyone tell how how to take screenshots/ Print screen on Grand?

I maybe wrong but on my Note its homebutton+power+vol down button combination. Press for a few seconds and then the screenshot is taken.

Running Samsung's official JB rom on my Galaxy S II. Flashed using Odin. Phone is super smooth now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRIV3R (Post 3055288)
Running Samsung's official JB rom on my Galaxy S II. Flashed using Odin. Phone is super smooth now.

Can you please post a screen shot of the version, build etc?

No update via kies yet. Surprisingly, kies has worked well for my updates till date, so want to wait a bit more before I go the odin way.

Here you go. This version was released only in Russia I guess and hence no update via Kies.

Name:  ForumRunner_20130303_152037.png
Views: 454
Size:  57.7 KB