Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2011, 12:21   #3991
Senior - BHPian

re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
price on both is same, just letsbuy gives you an extra 1200 off with icicilb coupon. I just wanted to know how is letsbuy's service? Are they reliable? Also how can we be sure they'll ship a new unit and not a used one. Flipkart, i've read is quite reliable in that respect. Plus, they are here in Bangalore only, so I can drop by and pick up the unit myself.

I just wanted to know more about letsbuy before commiting 30k of my money. Are there any other people here who have done their cellphone shopping with letsbuy? Mouthshut seems to have some mixed reviews for it, but there can be trolls there so I wanted more genuine feedback. Thanks guys.
Max LB takes 5-6 days, some get lucky in <2 days too. Would be good if you would've searched this thread instead of typing out a 12 line query. We've all given genuine feedback on LB here. Just search.
Old 16th June 2011, 12:30   #3992
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx
I just wanted to know more about letsbuy before commiting 30k of my money. Are there any other people here who have done their cellphone shopping with letsbuy?
I got my incredible s from letsbuy. Took 4 days to deliver.
Old 16th June 2011, 12:43   #3993
BHPian

Hello all I have Samsung Galaxy S I9000. When I opened the android market it asked me for Gmail username and password. Since I had an ID I entered it. But now I have created a new ID and I am wanting to replace my previous Gmail ID with this new ID. When I click on the option of remove account it shows that this account is being used by some applications. When I searched on net the only option available is that I put my phone back to factory settings. I dont want to lose my data. Is their any other option by which I can change my Gmail ID without losing data? Hope to hear soon.

Regards
Old 16th June 2011, 12:57   #3994
Senior - BHPian

For Defy users
Motorola releases Android 2.2 update for Defy users in the UK - GSMArena.com news

And as usual, HTC dilly-dallying on it's words. First it was the boot loader issue, now the GB update for Desire.
http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_takes_it...-news-2781.php

Last edited by nishantgandhi : 16th June 2011 at 13:00.
Old 16th June 2011, 15:19   #3995
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
Hello all I have Samsung Galaxy S I9000. When I opened the android market it asked me for Gmail username and password. Since I had an ID I entered it. But now I have created a new ID and I am wanting to replace my previous Gmail ID with this new ID. When I click on the option of remove account it shows that this account is being used by some applications. When I searched on net the only option available is that I put my phone back to factory settings. I dont want to lose my data. Is their any other option by which I can change my Gmail ID without losing data? Hope to hear soon.

Regards
No you can't.
you can try with stuff like titanium backup but mostly it will be tough to ensure 100% stuff moving. As long as you haven't bought any paid app - you are fine. titanium settings will bring every app back up, settings I am not sure. Even then, some apps check the market for their license so *possibly* there may be problems with restoring paid apps on a different gmail. YMMV.

worst case, you can relogin to the old gmail account - it'll still be there!
Old 16th June 2011, 16:00   #3996
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post

Regards
Unfortunately there is no fool-proof way to do this. If you have rooted your phone, do a full backup with titanium (Only apps, not system) and then factory reset or flash a new rom and register your new ID and restore back your apps.
Old 16th June 2011, 16:03   #3997
Senior - BHPian

Cyanogen battery woes

I have never seen so much battery being eaten up by display with my HTC ROM. Even though display is not used that often (Check the screen on chart), it is the main culprit in battery usage somehow in CM7. See how quickly the battery is discharging with normal usage.

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-xmntxsdcardxshootmexsnap20110616_155714.png

Looking at the "Awake" times, I think the phone has insomnia... it is not really sleeping properly. Voice calls during this period was just for about 7 minutes in total!

Last edited by clevermax : 16th June 2011 at 16:07.
Old 16th June 2011, 17:25   #3998
BANNED

Failed attempt switching to cyanogen on LG Optimus one. Rooted well, recovery image is also flashed but on flashing the cyanogen image + app and after that wiping complete user data + reboot phone is going into continuous reboot at the android logo screen. So restored backup for now. Need to dig more.

One thing I skipped was switching to 2.2 from the 2.2.2 since was able to root + get busybox as is with gingerbreak. Not sure if this should impact the next step of flashing CM etc.,Any one else on this forum who has faced this kind of issue with CM or anyone owning LG O1 and has successfully switched to CM?

Vijay
Old 16th June 2011, 17:45   #3999
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjoy3 View Post
Failed attempt switching to cyanogen on LG Optimus one. Rooted well, recovery image is also flashed but on flashing the cyanogen image + app and after that wiping complete user data + reboot phone is going into continuous reboot at the android logo screen. So restored backup for now. Need to dig more.

One thing I skipped was switching to 2.2 from the 2.2.2 since was able to root + get busybox as is with gingerbreak. Not sure if this should impact the next step of flashing CM etc.,Any one else on this forum who has faced this kind of issue with CM or anyone owning LG O1 and has successfully switched to CM?

Vijay

You did not wipe cache + dalvik cache + battery stats. Do it now.

That is what we do for CM7 on the Defy.

Ideally wipe all the data etc before you install
This is the guide we follow: [FAQ] Cyanogenmod 7 by Quarx - xda-developers

btw - Between CM7 installs, you don't need to wipe data again.

Last edited by phamilyman : 16th June 2011 at 17:47.
Old 16th June 2011, 18:24   #4000
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by w 12 View Post
Heads up - Motorola defy for 13.8 K on letsbuy. Brand new with b & w.

Substantial price drop in a short time. Is a newer version in the pipeline?
Please gimme the link. I am finding it for 15+
Buy Motorola Defy at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews
Old 16th June 2011, 18:49   #4001
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchiniwal View Post
You need to use the icicilb coupon code while checking out. Then only the final price will come down to 14XXX. The discount on Defy was 27% a couple of days back, now its come down to 24%.So now you cannot get it in 13XXX.

Last edited by OHCVtec : 16th June 2011 at 18:51. Reason: Edited the price
Old 16th June 2011, 19:14   #4002
e46
BHPian

Buying suggesstion/ Advice

Guys,
I am in a dilemma with the following devices. My max. budget is 20k. Please help me out.
GT GT I9000: like everything in it, except for the much well known GPS issue, and plasticky build. But 20+ and out of budget for now. I dont like the I9003

Desire S: Like it much. Any issue like battery still plaguing it? Again, 20+

Nexus S: No radio, issues like freezing , random reboot are deterrent. Just undercutting 20k.

Defy: now 15k (even less with Coupons). However, Moto is well known for not rolling out updates. Even the Indian official 2.2 has been revoked.!

Desire: 15k at Saholic. any word about this online vendor. Loks to be legitimate, they are the Spice venture for online retailing.

I wish the Incredible S gets a price cut and make my decision process easy.

Thanks,
Abhishek M

Last edited by e46 : 16th June 2011 at 19:17.
Old 16th June 2011, 20:10   #4003
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
AdFree
Droidwall
Titanium Backup
Call recorder
The list of applications is endless. Search the market on "root" you'll see a lot of apps which need root. then see what you like
Thanks Buddy, Got adfree, Autokiller, Titanium backup & CPU Tuner. Somehow adfree isnt working for me, I think I am not using it properly, will check.

However the battery seems to be behaving well after choosing a preset (Optimum) on Autokiller app.
Old 16th June 2011, 20:15   #4004
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
A friend of mine did buy from Letsbuy, he got his SGS2 delivered in a week from order. Had no issues. Havent heard of issues from those who ordered from Flipkart as well. Prices are the same.
~~~~~
Havent checked them myself. The SGS2 isnt available anywhere in stores ?
Lets have no doubts about this - Flipkart is WAY better than Letsbuy on every parameter (customer service, promptness, quality of response, website, everything). The only difference is the discount you get with Letsbuy.
Old 16th June 2011, 20:26   #4005
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone else faced this issue?

I have a Samsung Galaxy 3. For the past few days, the phone fails to be detected by the Windows 7 OS. ALthough the charging goes on as normal. I cannot use either Samsung Kies or as Mass storage device. There is just no option to mount Mass storage device under notifications either!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks