Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2011, 18:53   #4141
BHPian

re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Fellas,

One of my friends needs to choose between SGS2 and Xperia Arc. Your expert opinion please as to which one is better in overall comparison?
Old 21st June 2011, 18:53   #4142

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Guys,
On letsbuy.com , rcomlb is not working, though icicilb code is working and gives a discount of 1200 bucks!!!

EDIT: And when you buy through icicilb code, do you necessarily have to buy through ICICI Credit card or netbanking?
The correct code now is rcomlb1. People have been successful in making payment through other Credit Card/Netbanking even after using icicilb code.
rajanmehta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2011, 19:07   #4143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheetumanu View Post
Fellas,

One of my friends needs to choose between SGS2 and Xperia Arc. Your expert opinion please as to which one is better in overall comparison?
There is no comparison! S2 trounces Arc in every single department!!!

S2, at present, is the fastest and greatest mobile phone device one earth (As far as I know).
Old 21st June 2011, 19:15   #4144
oss
BHPian

Just noticed the price of Motorola Defy is dropped to 14.3k on letsbuy with the coupon ofcourse, and Flipkart also sells it for 15.5k. Has the price drop got something to do with the recent negative publicity on radiation hazards & the high SAR of Defy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Guys,
Just a quick query.
Is there any discount coupons for Flipkart.com too like we have for letsbuy.com?

On letsbuy.com , rcomlb is not working, though icicilb code is working and gives a discount of 1200 bucks!!!

EDIT: And when you buy through icicilb code, do you necessarily have to buy through ICICI Credit card or netbanking?
I haven't come across coupons on Flipkart. Try rcomlb1 in letbuy; it works and you will get 15% discount
oss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2011, 19:23   #4145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
There is no comparison! S2 trounces Arc in every single department!!!

S2, at present, is the fastest and greatest mobile phone device one earth (As far as I know).
yup that's right...
the SGS2 is faster and cheaper [and i think better looking too].
But the SE Arc will give you a bit of a exclusivity factor because so few people will buy it.
Old 21st June 2011, 21:25   #4146
Senior - BHPian

Does SGS2 mean Samsung Galaxy Spica 2?
Old 21st June 2011, 21:50   #4147
BHPian

@jaysmokesleaves
SGS2 is short for Samsung Galaxy S2.
Old 21st June 2011, 22:20   #4148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprucegoose View Post
yup that's right...
the SGS2 is faster and cheaper [and i think better looking too].
But the SE Arc will give you a bit of a exclusivity factor because so few people will buy it.
Well SGS2 is faster but not cheaper! It is retailing for 31k while Arc is around 27k.

I had a feel of the Arc at Sonyworld and found build quality to be sub-par. I found X10 much better (both in looks as well as build quality). Arc felt so flimsy in hte hand!
Old 21st June 2011, 22:31   #4149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
Just noticed the price of Motorola Defy is dropped to 14.3k on letsbuy with the coupon ofcourse, and Flipkart also sells it for 15.5k. Has the price drop got something to do with the recent negative publicity on radiation hazards & the high SAR of Defy?
That publicity isnt there anymore. It was all there when it was launched. This product has been around for 9 months and will be considered outdated in 3 months - no one will care about it!!

The price drop is because dual core phones are here.

It is now for 14.3k was earlier 13.8k a week back

Quote:
Fellas,

SGS2!!!

Quote:
Help me guys !!

My wifey's Samsung Galaxy Ace suddenly decided to show only on Dialer and Application icons at the bottom of the home screen; Messaging and Contacts icons have disappeared.

I have rebooted the device several times; even removed and reinstalled the battery but to no avail.

Does anyone have any idea as to what could be the cause?
Some wrong swiping in the launcher. Check dockbar settings in the launcher. In ADW, swiping up can make the dockbar disappear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
I have not installed anything in Nand, all the ROM are SD Based, so I swap the SDs. I have kept the Boxmax 4.5 as the primary and test other ROMs in another SD card. I am yet to install clkwork mod recovery and then install any stable ROM into Nand.

Negatives I found in MIUI
*Though the UI is similar to the iPhone and eye candy, I believe it doesn't support FM radio.
*After using the HTC sense ROMs you are in the back seat as there are no apps, need to download the entire set e.g. facebook, Youtube, maps etc and HTC widgets won't work.
*Battery doesn't stay long.
1. There's a FM radio app from MIUI - seen some links on the defy miui/cm7 thread.
2. hmm, of course. but you got titanium backup for that. by the way, it does usewidgets but in a really ugly way. It doesn't work to resize widgets like CM7 does and doesn't display the full name. but you can broadly manage. They need to learn this from CM7.
3. MIUi gave me the best backup among stock, CM7 and MIUI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprucegoose View Post
Haha.. I got rid of my milestone because of the motorola Software....
it is a lovely piece of hardware, but they released a REALLY buggy kernel that messed up everything... i think they did it so that people would voluntarily change over to the Milestone 2...
That is crazy - couldn't you downgrade or flash a new ROM? There are way too many for the milestone. I think motorola's always made lovely hardware - but never good software - starting from the ugly UI with the L7i and suchlike.

Last edited by phamilyman : 21st June 2011 at 22:35.
Old 21st June 2011, 22:33   #4150
BHPian

I have noticed a weird issue with my S2. I bought a TPU case (silicon type) that covers and secures the cell from any falls. However while using this case with the phone, the caller on the other end seems to get an echo of his own voice.

Without the silicon gel caseon the phone. phone works fine.

Has anyone noticed anything such yet? any suggestions?
Attached Thumbnails
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-20110620-16.04..jpg  

Old 21st June 2011, 22:36   #4151
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajanmehta View Post
The correct code now is rcomlb1. People have been successful in making payment through other Credit Card/Netbanking even after using icicilb code.
Thanks Rajan, rcomlb1 works

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
I haven't come across coupons on Flipkart. Try rcomlb1 in letbuy; it works and you will get 15% discount
No 15% , just getting 1000 bucks off.
icicilb is giving 1200 off/-
And I was looking to buy a SLR camera.
Old 21st June 2011, 22:39   #4152
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Well SGS2 is faster but not cheaper! It is retailing for 31k while Arc is around 27k.

I had a feel of the Arc at Sonyworld and found build quality to be sub-par. I found X10 much better (both in looks as well as build quality). Arc felt so flimsy in hte hand!
I bought my S2 for 29.9k without any bargaining. 2k difference is worth paying for the s2 trust me.
Old 21st June 2011, 23:33   #4153
BHPian

@audiophile I am using my SGS2 with a similar case,but no complaints regarding the voice echo problem.
Old 21st June 2011, 23:53   #4154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
I bought my S2 for 29.9k without any bargaining. 2k difference is worth paying for the s2 trust me.
Yes at that price point, the S2 or even the likes of HTC Sensation or LG 2X make more sense (all dual-core devices).
Old 22nd June 2011, 01:13   #4155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi1771 View Post
@audiophile I am using my SGS2 with a similar case,but no complaints regarding the voice echo problem.
thnx, will try ordering this and give it a try.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks