Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2012, 11:41   #11836
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
So the wife has decided to graduate to SGS3. where is the cheapest I can source it, outside of HS18?
Get unopened+warranty piece from local shop in cash. In Mumbai that is available for 32k, Vijay Sales sells it for 34.5k, clueless ones like Croma/Hypercity sell it for 35-36k.
Old 11th October 2012, 12:11   #11837
Senior - BHPian

I checked few stores in Bangalore Croma, Sangeetha, Home City etc for S3. They all quoted between 35.5 K to 36.5K. I have no idea why these stores quote higher price than Samsung store.

Samsung store quoted 34.9K, after few minutes of of bargaining they were ready to give the accessory (white flap cover) at discounted price (1.2 K). Actual price of the cover is 1.5K. No other discount.
Old 11th October 2012, 12:12   #11838
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So the wife has decided to graduate to SGS3. where is the cheapest I can source it, outside of HS18? While I will wait for that deal to reappear, what else?
/ wont consider ebay seller warranty pieces either.
The best online price applying your filters is Rs 33,155.

If you want Blue - buy from here using this coupon code: GREEN2012
http://www.infibeam.com/Mobiles/i-Sa...k=gadget_store

If you want White - buy from here using this coupon code: OKTOBERFEST
http://shopping.indiatimes.com/mobil...aign=Affiliate

If you're lucky, Indiatimes may select you as a "random draw" winner and you might win another S3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Defy users: Get ready for Android 4.1.2 on your Defy/ Defy+.
A new build is available (though there are bugs related to camera), which you can try (at own risk of course).
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1768702
Pardon me, but what incremental benefits does 4.1.2 bring?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
Get unopened+warranty piece from local shop in cash. In Mumbai that is available for 32k, Vijay Sales sells it for 34.5k, clueless ones like Croma/Hypercity sell it for 35-36k.
+1 to that. I'm also a bit wary of buying such huge value items online. Not to mention, most of the times the offline price would be almost similar for current models.

Last edited by nishantgandhi : 11th October 2012 at 12:17.
Old 11th October 2012, 12:19   #11839
Distinguished - BHPian

Anybody have any idea if this (silicone earbuds) product is available with indian retails (online/offline).

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-31lzhnb6pal._sl500_aa300_.jpg

Source amazon link
Old 11th October 2012, 12:32   #11840
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Wait for the Moto Razr HD. What a brilliant piece that was. I played around with the Verizon 4G LTE variant and man that was one good looking phone that beat the S3 hands down.
Vid, can we trust moto to stay and take care of indian service after they leave? Their service was supposedly already bad. But now that they're planning to discontinue india sales operations, am a bit worried. Their phones are amazing value ( I bought an atrix 2 after wondering about the SGS2 for a long time)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Anybody have any idea if this (silicone earbuds) product is available with indian retails (online/offline).

Attachment 998895

Source amazon link
are you looking for this specific set of tips, or any silicone tips? if the latter, which IEM do you have, and why do you want an aftermarket set?

Last edited by greenhorn : 11th October 2012 at 12:33.
Old 11th October 2012, 12:53   #11841
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Wait for the Moto Razr HD. What a brilliant piece that was. I played around with the Verizon 4G LTE variant and man that was one good looking phone that beat the S3 hands down.

Battery life is way better than S3, performance is really good, Video quality is amazing, and 12MP camera is excellent. It really really puts up a fight to the S3. Loved that Kevlar carbon fibre full back panel and how compact it was for a 4.7" display.
Once the wife has decided on something along with her coterie of friends then its not worth my meals to be suggesting a motorola when they have themselves not clarified their India plans

Thanks Nishant. good point
Old 11th October 2012, 13:00   #11842
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
You may have a look at the following review for your perusal

Note: Came across these Videos on Youtube. I am not related to these in any way.
Thanks for the links mate.

Quote:
no yaar, all these qwerty android are crappy compromise low spec phones. unless that's what you want. galaxy Y pro duos atleast had a lovely trackpad. without it, no point really.

this has low res, no trackpad, crap cam, crap little battery. what's the point?

the good part is that unlike chacha its screen is portrait, which is important! half apps on chacha are rotated! (yes android is a stupid OS where paid apps are clueless!!)
Yeah the cam and the low resolution is a big let down. Guess I ll have to wait longer for a good android qwerty phone. Don't want to be in the blackberry wagon anymore.
Thanks for the advice.
Old 11th October 2012, 13:23   #11843
BANNED

Quote:
Once the wife has decided on something along with her coterie of friends then its not worth my meals to....
Two rules for eternal bliss:

1. The boss is always right.
2. If the boss is wrong, refer to rule 1.
Old 11th October 2012, 13:49   #11844
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post

Pardon me, but what incremental benefits does 4.1.2 bring?
Google has indicated that there are bug fixes and stability + performance improvements. However in the case of the build from Quarx, I expect some more fixes compared to the previous build.
Nevertheless, since camera is affected, and my 4 September build has not let me down, I am not upgrading till the next stable build.

Quote:
+1 to that. I'm also a bit wary of buying such huge value items online. Not to mention, most of the times the offline price would be almost similar for current models.
True. In these times of online discounts, we are forgetting our trusty old corner shops who are able to offer for a lower price. My colleague bought a mobile from a shop at Rs. 500 less than the best online offer I could find. And this was in the Rs. 8000 range.
With SGIII, the margins are fatter, so there is more room for bargaining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Two rules for eternal bliss:

1. The boss is always right.
2. If the boss is wrong, refer to rule 1.
Golden rules.

Last edited by S_U_N : 11th October 2012 at 13:50.
Old 11th October 2012, 15:14   #11845
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn

are you looking for this specific set of tips, or any silicone tips? if the latter, which IEM do you have, and why do you want an aftermarket set?
Any silicone tips would do. I have two OEM headsets with normal earphones, but I prefer the in-ear tips; hence the query.
Old 11th October 2012, 16:15   #11846
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Vid, can we trust moto to stay and take care of indian service after they leave? Their service was supposedly already bad. But now that they're planning to discontinue india sales operations, am a bit worried.
what is this bit about motorola leaving india? Do you mean to say they will stop selling their phones here?? I am at loss to understand why would they do that? India is a big market now, even for smartphones. They might be exiting the feature phone business just like Sony.

And regarding the Razr HD / SG3 comparison, the only analogy I can think of is the Razr HD is like James Bond of mobile phones, while the SG3 is like the Hulk!!
Old 11th October 2012, 16:17   #11847
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

Did you notice the new prices of Motorola Atrix 2 (19k) & Razr (22k)? Both of them are now at mouth watering prices. Is this due to the fact that Motorola is going down or just normal price drops? A good time to pick up any of the 2 devices. Absolute VFM i think.

Source : http://www.flipkart.com/

Regards,
Old 11th October 2012, 16:39   #11848
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any silicone tips would do. I have two OEM headsets with normal earphones, but I prefer the in-ear tips; hence the query.
You can't convert regular earphones to in ears by just changing the tips if thats what you're trying to do here, or maybe I've misunderstood you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
what is this bit about motorola leaving india? Do you mean to say they will stop selling their phones here?? I am at loss to understand why would they do that? India is a big market now, even for smartphones.
http://articles.timesofindia.indiati...ity-sanjay-jha
this is the news
Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Guys,

Did you notice the new prices of Motorola Atrix 2 (19k) & Razr (22k)? Both of them are now at mouth watering prices. Is this due to the fact that Motorola is going down or just normal price drops? A good time to pick up any of the 2 devices. Absolute VFM i think.
Both the moto phones are absolute VFM. my atrix 2 beats the SGS2 in every possible way except for the LCD(but still higher res) screen and having an unlockable bootloader, and still manages to be a ton cheaper
Old 11th October 2012, 18:00   #11849
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
You can't convert regular earphones to in ears by just changing the tips if thats what you're trying to do here, or maybe I've misunderstood you.
Apparently you can. This seems to be a regular problem in US for Apple Ipod users, and hence the silicon ear-bud cover products available. These covers go over a normal ear-phone. Check the image/link I shared. Do note it wouldn't improve the sound quality or any major improvement in the earphones, just that the ear-buds stay in the ear more firmly.

Unfortunately I can't find any Indian-based retailer or any offline option.

Last edited by ninjatalli : 11th October 2012 at 18:02.
Old 11th October 2012, 18:06   #11850
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Apparently you can. This seems to be a regular problem in US for Apple Ipod users, and hence the silicon ear-bud cover products available. These covers go over a normal ear-phone. Check the image/link I shared. Do note it wouldn't improve the sound quality or any major improvement in the earphones, just that the ear-buds stay in the ear more firmly.

Unfortunately I can't find any Indian-based retailer or any offline option.
A set of replacement tips usually cost as much as a new set of earbuds. Try the Soundmagic ES18 @ Homeshop 18. (Flipkart is just lying when they say they have them in stock). 600 bucks and sound great!
Quote:
Once the wife has decided on something along with her coterie of friends
Samsung is also launching a Galaxy S3 mini, which is a clone of the S3. It's more purse friendly (smaller) and wallet friendly(cheaper) at the same time
It will be launching soon. Ask her to have a look!

Last edited by greenhorn : 11th October 2012 at 18:09.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks