Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2012, 11:55   #11911
Senior - BHPian
 
shajufx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: BLR & Singapore
Posts: 1,783
Thanked: 763 Times
Default Re: Query on DualSIM phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Yeah, thats the other one.
Try the one with the single green battery, and developers name is sam lu.
......
Thanks I will try all of them and see how they are. Hey, are you the same person we used to interact on BB messenger couple of years back ? Atleast over a dozen friends have moved from BB to Android devices in the last few months
shajufx is offline  
Old 15th October 2012, 13:00   #11912
Distinguished - BHPian
 
mayankk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 4,662
Thanked: 5,364 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx
Thanks I will try all of them and see how they are. Hey, are you the same person we used to interact on BB messenger couple of years back ? Atleast over a dozen friends have moved from BB to Android devices in the last few months
Not me.
I just got a bb for the first time a couple of weeks back, and its already on its way to cold storage in a week when the balance runs out.
mayankk is online now  
Old 15th October 2012, 13:19   #11913
Senior - BHPian
 
nishantgandhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,220
Thanked: 153 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Is there an Android app for creating a task/reminder/calendar entry directly while viewing a sms/email or from my Contacts? For example, I wish to create a reminder to call XYZ on Oct 17 at 11.30 am while I'm either in my Phonebook or SMS or Email app. BB has it. I wish the smarter OS has a free app too!
nishantgandhi is offline  
Old 15th October 2012, 14:35   #11914
Senior - BHPian
 
Desmosedici's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,419
Thanked: 436 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
That looks good. Yet to check how much can I manage. Though, for now, it will be significantly less as its being fiddled with most of the time.

Edit:
BTW, what is the RAM you see under manage apps? It shows some 700mb odd (used+free) on mine.
Same on my Gnex. Some 700 Odd mb (used + free).

BTW, i got a flip cover made by some company called Capdase and a scratch guard over the weekend from Alfa in Mumbai.

Scratch Guard = 300 and Leather Flip Cover = 1050.

No other place like Hypercity, Vijay Sales, Croma, E-Zone have anything for the Gnex.

I also plan to visit Alfa again to get a new body for the Wildfire S since my GF has dropped the phone so many times that its got scratches all over. Post that i might try rooting it .
Desmosedici is offline  
Old 15th October 2012, 16:50   #11915
Senior - BHPian
 
clevermax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tvm/Amsterdam
Posts: 1,780
Thanked: 978 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Is there an Android app for creating a task/reminder/calendar entry directly while viewing a sms/email or from my Contacts? For example, I wish to create a reminder to call XYZ on Oct 17 at 11.30 am while I'm either in my Phonebook or SMS or Email app. BB has it. I wish the smarter OS has a free app too!
My Gingerbread (CM7.1) phone has it. BTW, I am using DW Dialer.

Name:  screenshot1350299591791.png
Views: 410
Size:  94.9 KB

Now don't say you still cannot do it from email - you can tap on the name and come to the same screen and create an appointment.

Last edited by clevermax : 15th October 2012 at 16:53.
clevermax is offline  
Old 15th October 2012, 19:52   #11916
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: N Delhi
Posts: 407
Thanked: 200 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

OK folks

The more I read about rooting my Defy Plus the more I am getting confused.

I have found one thread that is conclusive , link, and has a successful conversion report from an Indian user whose phone particulars build/system/baseband are the same as mine.

Can any of the members who have rooted a Defy Plus please review this and confirm the info is accurate ? Else if you can please provide a step by step guide or a link to one that you have used successfully, shall be most obliged. Also will be most grateful for a pointer to un-rooting the phone in case I need to go to the service center.

Thanks
RS_DEL is offline  
Old 15th October 2012, 20:09   #11917
Senior - BHPian
 
nishantgandhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,220
Thanked: 153 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax

My Gingerbread (CM7.1) phone has it. BTW, I am using DW Dialer.

Now don't say you still cannot do it from email - you can tap on the name and come to the same screen and create an appointment.
But I'm on MIUI ROM so I'd need a stand alone app. Or are you saying this functionality is on built into DW Dialer?
nishantgandhi is offline  
Old 15th October 2012, 20:43   #11918
Senior - BHPian
 
nishantgandhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,220
Thanked: 153 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_DEL View Post
OK folks

The more I read about rooting my Defy Plus the more I am getting confused.

I have found one thread that is conclusive , link, and has a successful conversion report from an Indian user whose phone particulars build/system/baseband are the same as mine.

Can any of the members who have rooted a Defy Plus please review this and confirm the info is accurate ? Else if you can please provide a step by step guide or a link to one that you have used successfully, shall be most obliged. Also will be most grateful for a pointer to un-rooting the phone in case I need to go to the service center.

Thanks
First, let us know the Android version. If it is BL7/2.3.6, then the ONLY working method is this

If 2.3.5 or before, then try SuperOneClick. Simple!

To unroot, you have to flash the stock SBF which you can find from this thread
nishantgandhi is offline  
Old 15th October 2012, 21:01   #11919
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: N Delhi
Posts: 407
Thanked: 200 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
First, let us know the Android version. If it is BL7/2.3.6, then the ONLY working method is this

If 2.3.5 or before, then try SuperOneClick. Simple!

To unroot, you have to flash the stock SBF which you can find from this thread

Hello

Thanks for responding.

Build # 4.5.1-134_DFP-231 & Android ver 2.3.6

So I go for the link you have indicated for ver 2.3.6?

Thanks
RS_DEL is offline  
Old 15th October 2012, 21:19   #11920
BHPian
 
JMaruru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bengaluru/NYC
Posts: 639
Thanked: 198 Times
Default Re: Handsfree earbud mic on P500?

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
When I picked up a replacement hands free ear plugs for my Galaxy R, I was told that all handsfree plugs are not compatible with all phones by the same manufacturer. If you check details of specific earplugs on the internet, you will find that there is a list of compatible phones for it. As I understand, with non compatible hands free ear plugs you will be able to hear but it does not capture your voice.
This is a LG earbud and thought it will support all LG mobiles. I bought this from amazon and shall check with them on the same. Thanks!
JMaruru is offline  
Old 15th October 2012, 21:45   #11921
Senior - BHPian
 
nishantgandhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,220
Thanked: 153 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_DEL View Post
Hello

Thanks for responding.

Build # 4.5.1-134_DFP-231 & Android ver 2.3.6

So I go for the link you have indicated for ver 2.3.6?

Thanks
Yes sir, it's tried and tested by many out here. Most recently, by Yours Truly.

Feel free to ask questions if you're stuck anywhere.

Which ROM are you planning to go for? May I suggest the GB 2.3.7 of WajkIUI?
nishantgandhi is offline  
Old 15th October 2012, 22:12   #11922
Senior - BHPian
 
S_U_N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Oslo
Posts: 1,809
Thanked: 403 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Which ROM are you planning to go for? May I suggest the GB 2.3.7 of WajkIUI?
Or perhaps the latest JB that was released on 13th.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1768702&page=1

There are reported battery drain issues, but performance is really good as per reports. I will try and upgrade this week.
S_U_N is offline  
Old 15th October 2012, 22:27   #11923
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: N Delhi
Posts: 407
Thanked: 200 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Yes sir, it's tried and tested by many out here. Most recently, by Yours Truly.

Feel free to ask questions if you're stuck anywhere.

Which ROM are you planning to go for? May I suggest the GB 2.3.7 of WajkIUI?
Yes it will be GB. I have been reading your posts and thankfully you offered to help.
I think I am content with a stable GB rather than hanker after ICS or JB and get hassled with the complications involved with developing work.

Last edited by RS_DEL : 15th October 2012 at 22:31.
RS_DEL is offline  
Old 15th October 2012, 22:31   #11924
Senior - BHPian
 
S_U_N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Oslo
Posts: 1,809
Thanked: 403 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Anyone tried this device:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Frees...563764893.html
S_U_N is offline  
Old 16th October 2012, 00:01   #11925
Senior - BHPian
 
nishantgandhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,220
Thanked: 153 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_DEL View Post
Yes it will be GB. I have been reading your posts and thankfully you offered to help.
I think I am content with a stable GB rather than hanker after ICS or JB and get hassled with the complications involved with developing work.
You could also try WhiteRabbit or MS2Ginger. I have heard good reviews on those too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Or perhaps the latest JB that was released on 13th.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1768702&page=1

There are reported battery drain issues, but performance is really good as per reports. I will try and upgrade this week.
I guess this will always be a point of debate here! S_U_N really likes the JB build on Defy!

While I bought the Defy+ purely to install JB on it, I found that custom GB ROM performs much better as an all-rounder: data, network, battery et al.

JB was good but not great on Defy+. I think I'm going to stick to WajkIUI.


OT - is CM 7.2 for Defy+ based on GB or Froyo kernel?
nishantgandhi is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2021, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks