Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2013, 21:00   #15796
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
AFAIK posting personal blog links in posts is prohibited?(not sure though) else I would have posted the link here only. If it is allowed then requesting mods to post link here from my profile.
Good that you didn't post your blog's link here. From a few pages back -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...ml#post3172643

Quote:
Please note that sharing links to sites that you are involved with is not permitted on Team-BHP, as it can be construed as marketing/promotion.

What IS allowed :
  • Members are more than welcome to link to ANY site (Indian or International) which they have no vested interest in, provided it is relevant to the topic being discussed.
  • Members are required to link to the source site when information or content is being replicated here, in order to give that site due credit (provided it doesn't break any rule below).
What is NOT allowed :
  • Publicizing your personal or business website (in places other than your intro thread or the "homepage" field in your profile).
  • Posting links to a site you have commercial or vested interests in.
  • Repeated posting links to blogs written by you, esp on sites and platforms where you have a major interest (eg tech review blog where you are a founder member)
  • Linking to any external web address in your signature.
Please take this as a final warning.

Thanks
Old 17th July 2013, 08:52   #15797
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N
No one talking about the good-old Motorola Defy these days on this thread.
Has everyone stopped using theirs (it is now quite an old model now)?
My phone completed two years and I got some new stuff for it....
Mine completed 2 yrs this April.
It has survived many falls, including one out of a moving train in heavy rains. Really a Life Proof phone.
Thanks Moto.

I am still using original battery, had to charge twice a day for 100% gprs usage. Lasts 1.5 days without gprs.

Using CM10. Is CM 10.1 good enough for daily usage? Should I try it?
Old 17th July 2013, 14:33   #15798
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajusherief View Post
One more bug is there - Sometimes the call accept function won't work and I'll have to lock and unlock the screen again to accept the 'slide to accept call'. Again, this I started noticing after installing the Windows 8 Theme
Uninstalled it, but happens once in a blue moon !
I have started getting this bug. Need to check back the history on the Apps installation. Will update if i find any solution.
I do not have windows 8 theme though.
Old 17th July 2013, 16:16   #15799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
I have started getting this bug. Need to check back the history on the Apps installation. Will update if i find any solution.
I do not have windows 8 theme though.
Just check whether any app has been installed which will alter the lock screen, even any widgets.
Old 17th July 2013, 18:25   #15800
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
Phone is working great buddy. No complains whatsoever. Great battery life, stable, no overheating, happy with stock rom.
=====
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Sony-...g-365787.shtml
That must be the C5503 model with LTE. Hence more expensive!
Old 17th July 2013, 20:16   #15801
BHPian

Is there any application to track two android device which gets connected through wifi/bluetooth, basically to track the kids.
Old 18th July 2013, 10:16   #15802
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
Is there any application to track two android device which gets connected through wifi/bluetooth, basically to track the kids.
GPS Tracking Pro and Locate my Droid are two that I can think of would do the job.

The first one is available on the Play Store; second one has its own website at http://www.locatemydroid.com/
Old 18th July 2013, 11:15   #15803
BHPian

Guys I am in a bit of a fix. I have a Galaxy S3. It's about 5 months old.It's running 4.1.2. I was pretty happy with it until now. For the last couple of days it's been taking forever to charge. Initially I thought my charger was bust, I tried with a blackberry charger, same story. Like today I plugged it for charge with 19% at 7am,it's 11 now and it's 60% and its stuck on 60% for the last 15 minutes. I'm extremely disappointed. I can't have my phone charge for 6-7 hours at a time.
I've never had it charge for more than 2-3hours. The battery app in settings doesn't show the charging curve as a steep upward slope anymore. I googled a bit, some people recommended a factory reset. It doesn't seem like a software problem to me atleast. Has anyone faced a similar problem? What is the Samsung warranty support like. Man, I'm so dreading this. Please advise.
Thanks in advance
Old 18th July 2013, 11:31   #15804
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
Guys I am in a bit of a fix. I have a Galaxy S3. It's about 5 months old.It's running 4.1.2. I was pretty happy with it until now. For the last couple of days it's been taking forever to charge.
Since your phone is in warranty I think you should head down to a service centre and they should fix the problem without any charges. It is possible there might be a battery issue too. I would suggest if possible try another battery (from another S3). If not try charging through a laptop/desktop via a USB. If even that is taking so much time then just go the service center.

P.S. - My experience with Samsung service center has been quite good.
Old 18th July 2013, 12:10   #15805
Senior - BHPian

With the blackberry charger did you use the same micro USB cable supplied with the S3 ? There is a known issue with the USB cable supplied with S3. Google it and you will find many people complaining about this. I had the same problem with my 5 month old S3, now i am using my old nokia usb cable with the S3 charger and its charges perfectly fine. Try using a different micro USB cable with the original S3 charger. If this still does not fix, probably your micro usb female port on the phone needs to be replaced. Take it to the service centre.

PS: The Samsung service centre in Nerul, Navi Mumbai sucks. They are supposed to replace the USB cable for free but they dont seem to have it in stock from a long time. Lousy buggers.

Last edited by heavy_foot : 18th July 2013 at 12:11.
Old 18th July 2013, 13:14   #15806
BHPian

Thinking of Buying Samsung Note 1 Aka N7000 . Only hindrance is that it's coming with Android v2.3 OS . Is it officially upgradeable to later versions of android. Don;t wish to loose Samsung touch biz UI , hence the question.
Old 18th July 2013, 13:23   #15807
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post

GPS Tracking Pro and Locate my Droid are two that I can think of would do the job.

The first one is available on the Play Store; second one has its own website at http://www.locatemydroid.com/
Thanks for the link, will try it
Old 18th July 2013, 13:43   #15808
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
Thinking of Buying Samsung Note 1 Aka N7000 . Only hindrance is that it's coming with Android v2.3 OS . Is it officially upgradeable to later versions of android. Don;t wish to loose Samsung touch biz UI , hence the question.
How much are you getting it for?

The newer Note 2 is/was available for ~27K. Pretty certain that it would get Android 5. The older Note will not support KLP, but will most certainly see a CM build of the same.
Old 18th July 2013, 13:52   #15809
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recompose View Post
How much are you getting it for?

The newer Note 2 is/was available for ~27K. Pretty certain that it would get Android 5. The older Note will not support KLP, but will most certainly see a CM build of the same.
The Best quote, I have got is 24 K . Note 2 is available for 27 K under exchange offer and my current phone is Nokia C2. Shop Keeper will throw me Out if i present him with a Nokia C2 as a Smart phone .

On a Side note, What's KLP. This is First time, i am seriously thinking of buying a smartphone, So not much aware of various abbreviations In use.
Old 18th July 2013, 13:57   #15810
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
4.1.2 is available for N7000 officially and you can upgrade it OTA as soon as you switch it on. Plus loads of custom roms are available if you want to upgrade to 4.2.2.

Check online, N7000 is available for much cheaper.

Cheers!!!

Last edited by gr8guzzler : 18th July 2013 at 13:59.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks