Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2013, 14:11   #15811
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
Guys I am in a bit of a fix. I have a Galaxy S3. It's about 5 months old.It's running 4.1.2. I was pretty happy with it until now. For the last couple of days it's been taking forever to charge. Initially I thought my charger was bust, I tried with a blackberry charger, same story. Like today I plugged it for charge with 19% at 7am,it's 11 now and it's 60% and its stuck on 60% for the last 15 minutes. I'm extremely disappointed. I can't have my phone charge for 6-7 hours at a time.
I've never had it charge for more than 2-3hours. The battery app in settings doesn't show the charging curve as a steep upward slope anymore. I googled a bit, some people recommended a factory reset. It doesn't seem like a software problem to me atleast. Has anyone faced a similar problem? What is the Samsung warranty support like. Man, I'm so dreading this. Please advise.
Thanks in advance
It's the charger. you will have to get it replaced - do it asap as the charger has a warranty for 6 months only.

Samsung service is good but the service centers are always crowded. Go just before they open and you should be good.

ps - carry a photocopy of the Bill and the original bill as well.
Old 18th July 2013, 14:20   #15812
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guzzler View Post
4.1.2 is available for N7000 officially and you can upgrade it OTA as soon as you switch it on. Plus loads of custom roms are available if you want to upgrade to 4.2.2.

Check online, N7000 is available for much cheaper.

Cheers!!!
Thanks For that . So at least i will get to 4.2.2 officially. Can use Custom Rom Once i am out of warranty .

Could you Pls PM me few links where you think it's cheaper. Best i have got is 23999 On Flip kart . here too it;s White color only and my first preference is blue color.
Old 18th July 2013, 16:31   #15813
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
On a Side note, What's KLP. This is First time, i am seriously thinking of buying a smartphone, So not much aware of various abbreviations In use.
KLP refers to Key Lime Pie - the (rumoured) name of the next version of Android. Android versions at least up until now, have been named on food articles beginning with successive letters of the alphabet (think Froyo, Gingerbread, Honeycomb, Ice Cream Sandwich, Jellybean,...)
Old 18th July 2013, 16:36   #15814
BANNED

Quote:

Thanks For that . So at least i will get to 4.2.2 officially. Can use Custom Rom Once i am out of warranty .

Could you Pls PM me few links where you think it's cheaper. Best i have got is 23999 On Flip kart . here too it;s White color only and my first preference is blue color.
Check eBay and snapdeal, shopclues. But only white and black would be available, Blue was never made. It will cost you about 21 K. For a29K on eBay, you can get the much faster Note 2
Old 18th July 2013, 21:52   #15815
BHPian

Quote:

If you plan to keep the device at least 3-4 years, suggest to go for Note 2 with the extra money as you get 1 GB RAM extra, Quad Core, bigger battery, reduced width easy to hold etc.

I finalized to buy Note 1, then went with Note 2.
Old 19th July 2013, 10:30   #15816
Senior - BHPian

Finally HTC pushed the OTA update for the One 4.2.2 yea baby!
Old 19th July 2013, 11:09   #15817
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
Guys I am in a bit of a fix. I have a Galaxy ... For the last couple of days it's been taking forever to charge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
It's the charger.
NC, he's said he has tried a different charger. SO could be something else.

My s7562 had a similar problem - 6 hours to charge. But it also discharged in 3 hours, Wi-fi stopped working, and the ph stopped re-activation after screen-timeout kicked in (had to remove battery & reset each time). The ph is now with the AS.S for a board replacement.
Old 19th July 2013, 12:20   #15818
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
NC, he's said he has tried a different charger. SO could be something else.

Actually, it is the charger. He mentioned he tried a BB charger and not the original S3 charger. A friend had the exact same problem just last week. He had his charger replaced at the Samsung store under warranty - problem solved.
Old 19th July 2013, 12:47   #15819
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
If you plan to keep the device at least 3-4 years, suggest to go for Note 2 with the extra money as you get 1 GB RAM extra, Quad Core, bigger battery, reduced width easy to hold etc.

I finalized to buy Note 1, then went with Note 2.
Agree with your point but going for Note 2 will be a bit of over stretching my budget. i am already over stretching my self from Galaxy Grand to Note 1 & Than my needs are getting fulfilled completely with Note 1. If i can keep a Humble Nokia C2-01 for 3-4 years, Note will surely server me more than that .

Problem is that note 1 is out of stock everywhere including Online Samsung store themselves.
Old 19th July 2013, 14:47   #15820
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Ownership update on S4 - About 2.5 months.

Overall satisfied with the performance. Usually average standby i was getting was about 27 to 30 hrs. Charging time is about 1.5 to 2 hrs.

Recently i picked-up Sview cover , simultaneously i received 2 OTA updates after which the standby time has drastically increased to 50 to 56 hrs. IMO sview is pricey but has certainly increased the standby time.

cheers
Old 19th July 2013, 14:57   #15821
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
Actually, it is the charger. He mentioned he tried a BB charger and not the original S3 charger.
Ok. But good point by @NC reg the wty on the accessories - we often miss that part.
Old 19th July 2013, 20:37   #15822
BHPian

Xperia ZR users, has anybody got case online in India or locally in Mumbai,
Can we use SD card of Class 10 in it? On flipkart SanDisk 32 GB class 10 is around 1500 rupees, has to check locally.
Another thing I noticed that flap on hands-free connector is tight fitting however on charger port it is not that tight in fact a bit loose, opens without any efforts. Has anybody noticed?
I bought it at Alpha for 28k few days back. Z was available for 35 k.
Old 19th July 2013, 21:10   #15823
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydroFuel View Post
Xperia ZR users, has anybody got case online in India or locally in Mumbai,
Can we use SD card of Class 10 in it? On flipkart SanDisk 32 GB class 10 is around 1500 rupees, has to check locally.
Sandisk 32 Gb Class 10 UHS 1 30 MB/s Micro SD Card working perfectly on my ZR
Old 19th July 2013, 21:59   #15824
Senior - BHPian

Any suggested app for offline map usage without network.
Old 19th July 2013, 22:22   #15825
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skumare View Post
Finally, I bought a Q800 a few days ago, felt it is too big. I am not a big fan of 4"+ screens. Luckily, I got a unit manufactured in Apr/2013 with the better chipset (MT6589) and I have put it up for sale.
Sold this to a friend of one of the forum members. Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks