Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2013, 20:46   #16051
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
If this is a known problem with the current Android OS, I am hoping the next iteration solves it.
Definitely not a problem with Android. I've tried creating WPA2 secured hotspot on S3 Mini and have used it from other Android devices and MBP and Windows laptop.
Old 19th August 2013, 21:03   #16052
BHPian

Check for the encryption being used in wpa2 - tkip or aes
Old 20th August 2013, 05:56   #16053
Senior - BHPian

At last, Google seems to be serious about the thousands of negative user feedbacks about the missing features of Google maps when they updated it to make it look like the iOS version.

I had submitted few feedbacks about missing "my maps" and starring places etc. Got an email today with a survey link to fill in more details about my maps.
Old 20th August 2013, 07:48   #16054
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
At last, Google seems to be serious about the thousands of negative user feedbacks about the missing features of Google maps when they updated it to make it look like the iOS version.

I had submitted few feedbacks about missing "my maps" and starring places etc. Got an email today with a survey link to fill in more details about my maps.
I rolled back to 6.14.3. The new 7.0 is pathetic
Old 20th August 2013, 11:45   #16055
Senior - BHPian

Hi is there a GPS Logger that is efficient and works in the background. I tried to use GPS Logger app but when I visualized the logged gpx file on google maps, there was no way points plus the route shown was straight line.
Old 20th August 2013, 13:19   #16056
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Hi is there a GPS Logger that is efficient and works in the background. I tried to use GPS Logger app but when I visualized the logged gpx file on google maps, there was no way points plus the route shown was straight line.
When Google's own app is there, why are you looking for other apps?

Try MyTracks. It does work in the background.
Old 20th August 2013, 20:12   #16057
Distinguished - BHPian

Have been looking to buy a Samsung S view cover for the S4. Had almost decided to buy the official Samsung one for around 2.2k when I stumbled upon E bay and saw different sellers offering the same cover for 500-900 Rs. From the pictures these look the same but I am sure they might be of slightly inferior quality than the original Samsung one. What I wanted to know was how much different? Has anyone bought one of these and can tell about the durability and feel? See the cover here for example:
http://www.ebay.in/itm/Samsung-Galax...t_10278wt_1012
Old 20th August 2013, 20:24   #16058
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Have been looking to buy a Samsung S view cover for the S4. Had almost decided to buy the official Samsung one for around 2.2k when I stumbled upon E bay and saw different sellers offering the same cover for 500-900 Rs. From the pictures these look the same but I am sure they might be of slightly inferior quality than the original Samsung one. What I wanted to know was how much different? Has anyone bought one of these and can tell about the durability and feel?
Go for it. This one looks fairly good, and I will say the official Samsung ones are really overpriced for what it offers.
Old 20th August 2013, 20:32   #16059
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Go for it. This one looks fairly good, and I will say the official Samsung ones are really overpriced for what it offers.
Thanks. The seller offers 6 months warranty. I can buy 3 of these in place of a 1 official Samsung one. And plus the added advantage of using a different colour each time.
Old 21st August 2013, 07:31   #16060
BHPian

Guys my brother has Htc Desire X. Since Monday his phone stopped reading micro SD card and message appeared that No SD card detected etc. I asked him to restart the phone but no luck. I then put his SD card in my phone it was working perfectly. Then I put my micro SD card in his phone and it didnt worked and displayed the error message. Now today morning when he checked the error message has gone and his phone seems to be reading the micro SD card. So can you please tell me what is the issue? Is this an issue of the phone?
Old 21st August 2013, 10:10   #16061
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
Definitely not a problem with Android. I've tried creating WPA2 secured hotspot on S3 Mini and have used it from other Android devices and MBP and Windows laptop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by latentpotential View Post
Check for the encryption being used in wpa2 - tkip or aes
@Gandhi: But in your case, if I understood it correctly, I believe you created the hotspot on the phone and shared it with the MBP and a Windows Laptop. I'm trying to do it the other way round. Create a hotspot on the MBA and share it with the phone.

@Latentpotential: There is no option to check the encryption type. All I can do is either choose the WPA2 encryption for a secure connection or keep it unsecured.

Old 21st August 2013, 10:15   #16062
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
Guys my brother has Htc Desire X. Since Monday his phone stopped reading micro SD card and message appeared that No SD card detected etc. I asked him to restart the phone but no luck. I then put his SD card in my phone it was working perfectly. Then I put my micro SD card in his phone and it didnt worked and displayed the error message. Now today morning when he checked the error message has gone and his phone seems to be reading the micro SD card. So can you please tell me what is the issue? Is this an issue of the phone?
Sometimes moisture / dust crops in the connectors. Might have subsided now and the connectors reading fine. Cheers!
Old 21st August 2013, 11:27   #16063
BANNED

I have just ordered a 'cracked' htc One - Sprint. cannot wait to get my hands on it. My dinc2 buzzer/beeper has packed up.
Old 21st August 2013, 13:03   #16064
Senior - BHPian

Have a great time with the One. It is an amazing device
Old 21st August 2013, 14:58   #16065
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Thanks. The seller offers 6 months warranty. I can buy 3 of these in place of a 1 official Samsung one. And plus the added advantage of using a different colour each time.
Check out aliexpress. You will thank me later

Most Viewed