Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2013, 09:11   #17266
BANNED

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

I am looking for simple free games - kind of like Pacman on the Desktop. But I checked Pacman on Android and the games just don't feel right for touch.

So I am looking for Pacman kind of games on Android which are designed with touch in mind. By Pacman kind of games, I mean simple games which you go around chasing and eating stuff. And avoid some kind of obstacles. Single screen kind of stuff, no side scrolling plaform stuff.

Any suggestions - important thing is that the 'touch' interface should feel natural.
Old 16th December 2013, 09:26   #17267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post

Great stuff! I was leaning towards getting this too but finally went for the Nexus 4. The Moto G is certainly a great buy. But I thought shipping was free from Amazon? And also, when I tried to place the order from the Motorola site, it asked for a US credit card.
Hi

Shipping is free. But my cousin told me there are delays experienced by a lot of people due to x'mas rush and high demand for gifts. So he didnt want to take a risk as he is leaving from NJ on 21st night and wanted to ensure that the phone is delivered to him well in time.

I was also confused between this and N4 but at ~13k INR I couldnt resist. It surely is a vfm device.

It was ordered by my cousin in US on his US credit card. Motorola site claimed 5-7 days delivery time and Amazon 2 days. Since its same price he ordered from Amazon to be sure the phone is delivered in time.

Shall post a mini review and my initial experience once I get the phone on 24th Dec when my cousin reaches Ahmedabad.

Regards,

Last edited by h@r$h@l : 16th December 2013 at 09:29.
Old 16th December 2013, 10:11   #17268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Guys,

Finally after much confusion and discussions I went ahead and asked my cousin in US to order the Motorola Moto G for me.

I ordered the 16GB Global GSM model. He was told by someone that there are delays whem ordered from Motorola site and hence ordered frlm amazon.com. There is no price difference in either of the 2 sites. My cousin will bring down the Moto g on 24th Dec. I find Moto G an absolute bargain @ $230.

Regards,
Great choice mate.

I read really nice reviews about the G on the Internet, seems to be a great phone. Looking forward for a review from your side.

I wish i had a cousin like yours in the US
Old 16th December 2013, 11:19   #17269
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
I am looking for simple free games - kind of like Pacman on the Desktop. But I checked Pacman on Android and the games just don't feel right for touch.
Forgot to mention - these will be played on a 7" tablet (2012 Nexus 7)
Old 17th December 2013, 21:30   #17270
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live To Jive View Post
Let me see how much I'm getting for my S3 and wife's iPhone 4 and see how much extra I need to put in for the Note 3 + my phone. Maybe a Note 3 and a Note 2 / Nexus 5 if I get a good deal since I'm buying 2 phones.
Just missed out on a fantastic deal on Flipkart. Was getting the Note II for 27500 under exchange and the Note III White for 42K. Just thought I'll make the purchase after I return home from a short trip but when I went online today both the offers are not there anymore.

Quote:
Hope they drop the prices of the Note 2 in which case it may be worth it.
Now just waiting for this.
Old 17th December 2013, 23:45   #17271
BHPian

Quote:
Just missed out on a fantastic deal on Flipkart. Was getting the Note II for 27500 under exchange and the Note III White for 42K. Just thought I'll make the purchase after I return home from a short trip but when I went online today both the offers are not there anymore.

Now just waiting for this.
I just checked. There are still a bunch of offers on the note 2. It's available for 28k on Tradus.com with a 2500 rupee coupon code ( AFFMOB10) or on next.co.in at 27490 with coupon code NEXT2000.

Let me know if it worked for you.
Old 18th December 2013, 09:04   #17272
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
I just checked. There are still a bunch of offers on the note 2. It's available for 28k on Tradus.com with a 2500 rupee coupon code ( AFFMOB10) or on next.co.in at 27490 with coupon code NEXT2000.

Let me know if it worked for you.
How reliable are Tradus and Next compared to flipkart?
Old 18th December 2013, 09:47   #17273
BHPian

Quote:
How reliable are Tradus and Next compared to flipkart?
Had good experiences with tradus in recent times. Haven't tried Next.

Last edited by bhp_maniac : 18th December 2013 at 09:49.
Old 18th December 2013, 10:46   #17274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post

Had good experiences with tradus in recent times. Haven't tried Next.
Likewise. Ordered a TV on Tradus two years ago. It arrived in about a week and it's still working. Never used next's website . Bought an mp3 player from their store in Mumbai years ago but I think that store closed down.
Old 18th December 2013, 10:48   #17275
rbp
BHPian

Any feedback on IndiaTimes? They too seem to be running a lot of offers.
Old 18th December 2013, 11:34   #17276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbp View Post
Any feedback on IndiaTimes? They too seem to be running a lot of offers.
I have ordered couple of things from Indiatimes and they are pretty good.
Old 18th December 2013, 11:55   #17277
BHPian

I have a Samsung S III CDMA with Sprint locked got from a friend from US. Is there any way i can use the phone with Reliance CDMA or with similar subscriber here in India?

Thanks,
Ramki
Old 18th December 2013, 14:49   #17278
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
I have a Samsung S III CDMA with Sprint locked got from a friend from US. Is there any way i can use the phone with Reliance CDMA or with similar subscriber here in India?
Can be done. I have a Sprint htc One, before that a Verizon Droid Incredible 2, and so on. There are two parts - unlocking the phone (I hear there are people who will sell you the unlock codes for a price), and registering the MEID with Reliance. Some coding may also have to be changed. Take a dekko at rimweb.in
Old 19th December 2013, 09:43   #17279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Can be done. I have a Sprint htc One, before that a Verizon Droid Incredible 2, and so on. There are two parts - unlocking the phone (I hear there are people who will sell you the unlock codes for a price), and registering the MEID with Reliance. Some coding may also have to be changed. Take a dekko at rimweb.in
Thanks Sir. I looked into this website and i'm little confused. Could you please provide the procedure you employed to convert your CDMA to Reliance CDMA?

Thanks,
Ramki
Old 19th December 2013, 10:42   #17280
BHPian

How is the Xperia Z1? Users please share your opinions.

I am considering the Z1 along with the Nexus 5. But after seeing a drop test of the nexus, i am really scared. From a 5 feet drop, not only did te glass break but also the plastic underneath, exposing the circuits underneath. (Android authority drop test)

And i drop my iPhone a lot. That is once per day. It is still in prime condition thanks to the apple bumper.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks