Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2014, 10:10   #17596
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

Moto G users. 1 question.

Is there a way to set a lock screen wall paper in the Moto G? I am just not able to find it. Tried looking everywhere. May be its just not there or I am not looking hard enough.

Any help guys?

Regards,
Old 8th February 2014, 14:19   #17597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Guys,

Is there a way to set a lock screen wall paper in the Moto G? I am just not able to find it. Tried looking everywhere. May be its just not there or I am not looking hard enough.

Any help guys?

Regards,
You can't set a different wallpaper for lock screen from that of home screen. Home screen wall paper is de facto for lock screen. For wall paper setting, at home screen, touch the screen for few seconds and you will get the wall paper setting option.
Old 8th February 2014, 15:22   #17598
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Guys,

Any help guys?

Regards,
Moto G has stock android like OS and you can't change Lockscreen wallpaper on stock devices. Need to do some mods if you have to.
Old 8th February 2014, 16:44   #17599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
Guys,

I own a Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos I9082, bought in mid 2013. In a small accident I broke the display and glass. Samsung ASC quoted some 7-8k for the repair job including replacing the body panel which had some scratches. Same job I got done from outside at almost 50% of the cost. The phone is doing fine now, but, noticed both IMEI numbers have changed (last 3 digits) but, matches the sticker on the new back panel. It does not match with invoice (Flipkart) and the original box it came with. The repair guy says he did not change the motherboard. Kies works fine and android device status is still "Official" with 4.2.2 on it.

I have following 2 questions:

1) How can IMEI change w/o changing the board. Is it a problem to have a different IMEI number than the invoice. What are my options- should I get a repair bill from the Guy or tell him to restore back my IMEI somehow?

-BJ
Since you've already had the phone opened by an unauthorized service center, your warranty is most probably toast. So it doesn't really matter if the imei number on the bill matches the phone. But you can have an issue if the parts that have been swapped in your phone could be from a stolen handset being used for parts.

It will be good to ask the guy how your imei changed to that of the new back panel (you can't swap your imei just by changing the back). He probably either flashed the new imei or changed the motherboard. Ask him to give you a bill just to be sure. Police these days do track stolen phones via the imei, and so you could get into trouble needlessly.
Old 8th February 2014, 19:23   #17600
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
1) How can IMEI change w/o changing the board. Is it a problem to have a different IMEI number than the invoice. What are my options- should I get a repair bill from the Guy or tell him to restore back my IMEI somehow?
IMEI is stored on in a file and this can be deleted or modified by error while repairing / diagnosing phone.

IMEI can be rested but that will require significant work. Just for reference, IMEI related steps:

http://androidcentral.us/2013/11/bac...hone-tutorial/
Old 9th February 2014, 17:14   #17601
BHPian

How's the Huawei Ascend g700? 2 gigs of ram , quad core 1.2Ghz and 5 inches for 15.9k and it's Huawei!. What do you guys think of it? I think that it's pretty sweet. Might just buy it.
Old 10th February 2014, 15:13   #17602
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Curious to know, how much did it cost you ? My friend bought one for 28k(32GB) from there last month.

I got mine here,unfortunately there is NO SMS app other than hangouts on Nexus 5. Hangouts is ok, but that keyboard is horrible,there is no return key! Its replaced by a silly smiley key in the hangouts app.

You may have to download an SMS app from the playstore, like GO SMS.

Sorry for the late reply, I was traveling over the weekend

The phone cost me 28k after conversion. I had downloaded the 'Textra' app for messaging, but was not entirely happy with the experience. Have downloaded Chomp sms today. Let me see how this one works.
Old 10th February 2014, 20:14   #17603
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
Sorry for the late reply, I was traveling over the weekend

The phone cost me 28k after conversion. I had downloaded the 'Textra' app for messaging, but was not entirely happy with the experience. Have downloaded Chomp sms today. Let me see how this one works.
Thanks for the pricing info. I'm using handcent SMS. So far its been pretty good.
Old 10th February 2014, 20:45   #17604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Thanks for the pricing info. I'm using handcent SMS. So far its been pretty good.

I was using handcent for a long time and once it sent message to a wrong id ! Settled with go sms since that day !
Old 10th February 2014, 21:30   #17605
Senior - BHPian

Got the Nexus5 for wifey. Initial impressions are good. Touch is better than my GNex plus the extra RAM seems to be making it lag free. But no major changes to the eye on KitKat. I am running Stock JB on my GNex.
Old 10th February 2014, 23:35   #17606
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by createrkid View Post
How's the Huawei Ascend g700? 2 gigs of ram , quad core 1.2Ghz and 5 inches for 15.9k and it's Huawei!. What do you guys think of it? I think that it's pretty sweet. Might just buy it.
Looks good. Only concern will be the 2150mah battery considering that it is a 5in screen and will drain out battery. If you are a heavy user, the battery may not last 1 full day. You may need to consider this point before you conclude on buying it. BTW, the HDFC12EBAY coupon on Ebay gets it for 1k less.
Old 11th February 2014, 07:48   #17607
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
Since you've already had the phone opened by an unauthorized service center, your warranty is most probably toast. ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
IMEI is stored on in a file and this can be deleted or modified by error while repairing / diagnosing phone...
Thanks Guys for your comments. I have taken the repair bill with new IMEI number for records. Have also rooted the device. CWM recovery and SuperSU already on board, I am enjoying the world of "unrestricted" Android

-BJ
Old 11th February 2014, 11:16   #17608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
Looks good. Only concern will be the 2150mah battery considering that it is a 5in screen and will drain out battery. If you are a heavy user, the battery may not last 1 full day. You may need to consider this point before you conclude on buying it. BTW, the HDFC12EBAY coupon on Ebay gets it for 1k less.
But the thing is I've never ordered from ebay. I've ordered a few phones from flipkart but I'm really not aware of ebay's policies and whatnot.. D'ya think it's a good idea to order from ebay to save a few bucks? Trustworthy?

Last edited by createrkid : 11th February 2014 at 11:17. Reason: grammatical error
Old 11th February 2014, 12:44   #17609
BHPian

Anyone tried out the S4 or HTC one Google play edition? i was debating on picking up the nexus 5 or the HTC one with stock android.

Any reviews would be helpful.
Old 11th February 2014, 13:42   #17610
BHPian

Galaxy S2 - Notification - "Storage Space Running Out"

For those of you using Samsung Galaxy S2, a notification saying "Storage space running out" is a constant problem.

This is not because of too many apps installed on the Device Memory but due to logs building up in the device memory. Shifting apps files from the device memory to the external SD Card does not help.

After researching on the net with various options being recommended including 'rooting' the phone to access hidden directories, I across the SIMPLEST solution.

You can restore heaps of storage space by deleting all the log files in the device memory. Just dial *#9900# on the phone and select option 2 “Delete dumpstate/logcat” in the prompted menu.
Thereafter, go to the bottom of the list and exit.

It's not necessary to root your phone either!

Have a great day!

Last edited by cpbopanna : 11th February 2014 at 13:44.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks