Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2016, 14:38   #23476
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
The thing is with all images shot on redmi note 3, the image is pixelated. My wife's moto e shoots better pictures. I tried searching online for a solution and looks like most of them are facing this issue.

Edit : my wife wants my redmi note 3 Which mobile under ₹10,000 has a good camera? Any reviews for moto g3 camera?
I have been using the Moto G3 for about 6 months now. Camera quality is quite decent under good lightning conditions but not so great under low light.

Moto G4 is mostly likely coming out next week (17th May) though it would not be sub 10K but could be worth the wait.

..SD
Old 12th May 2016, 14:51   #23477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftSD View Post
I have been using the Moto G3 for about 6 months now. Camera quality is quite decent under good lightning conditions but not so great under low light.

Moto G4 is mostly likely coming out next week (17th May) though it would not be sub 10K but could be worth the wait.

..SD
Thanks SD. Ordered Moto g3 anyways.
Old 13th May 2016, 12:47   #23478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vw19d View Post
I don't understand why every mobile manufacturer is now treating a 5.5" screen as their flagship offering. I have never felt comfortable holding that big a phone & I seriously think a 4.7" or 5.0" inch screen with a thin bezel makes more sense to me. Seriously need to upgrade to a better phone after my current first gen Moto X's screen got totaled after a fall few days ago. Even with a totaled screen, the mobile works flawless!

Looking for such a nice build quality with decent specs (not too outdated or too latest) and more importantly a 5" screen. After searching around for my requirements, I reckon I may settle with a Moto G 3rd Gen with Turbo as the 4th Gen G is rumored to a 5.5 incher.
Do give the Lenovo Vibe S1 a look. Its a promising offering.
Old 13th May 2016, 13:37   #23479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tibby View Post
Do give the Lenovo Vibe S1 a look. Its a promising offering.
I did but haven't got it yet as I'm not sure how it performs gaming. Though I'm not a hardcore gamer, love playing Asphlat 8 which is one of the most graphic intensive games. Waiting for the Moto G4 to be launched, which if doesn't look promising, may settle with Vibe S1.
Old 13th May 2016, 13:47   #23480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vw19d View Post
I did but haven't got it yet as I'm not sure how it performs gaming. Though I'm not a hardcore gamer, love playing Asphlat 8 which is one of the most graphic intensive games. Waiting for the Moto G4 to be launched, which if doesn't look promising, may settle with Vibe S1.
My wife is using the Vibe S1. And since she's not really into games, will be difficult to give a gaming impression.
That said, I do expect it to perform well with Asphalt 8.

Maybe some reviews on YouTube would give you a fair idea.
Old 13th May 2016, 13:53   #23481
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tibby View Post
My wife is using the Vibe S1. And since she's not really into games, will be difficult to give a gaming impression.
That said, I do expect it to perform well with Asphalt 8.

Maybe some reviews on YouTube would give you a fair idea.
Good to hear such positive feedback, will check out the nuances.
Old 13th May 2016, 14:23   #23482
Oxy
BHPian

Lenovo has come up with the Zuk Z1, to compete with the Redmi Note 3.

Quite decent specs, do check it out.

http://www.amazon.in/b/ref=br_imp?_e...f_rd_i=desktop
Old 13th May 2016, 14:50   #23483
BHPian

I ordered the Moto g3 and got it yesterday. I didnt go for the turbo because I dont use games on my mobile and hence there is no need for it. My wife got my Redmi Note 3 and she is liking it. It should serve her purpose well. Coming back to Moto G3, it is slick and good. Heated like an oven when i put it to charge and download apps/updates and set my phone. After that no heating issue. I dont know somehow I found the display of G3 to be better than RN3. Camera is decent and better compared to RN3. The G3 is really good to hold and is tough.

Also I realized that have a better specs on paper is not important after moving to G3
Old 13th May 2016, 15:00   #23484
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I ordered the Moto g3 and got it yesterday. I didnt go for the turbo because I dont use games on my mobile and hence there is no need for it. My wife got my Redmi Note 3 and she is liking it. It should serve her purpose well. Coming back to Moto G3, it is slick and good. Heated like an oven when i put it to charge and download apps/updates and set my phone. After that no heating issue. I dont know somehow I found the display of G3 to be better than RN3. Camera is decent and better compared to RN3. The G3 is really good to hold and is tough.

Also I realized that have a better specs on paper is not important after moving to G3
I got a non-turbo G3 myself in December last, and it's serving me well. Unless someone really needs the grunt of the latest SoC and components (most people don't), this device does pretty much everything at least well enough, if not great. I moved from a Galaxy S3 and the only things I really miss are he AMOLED screen and the camera.

My usage is primarily calls/texts/emails and a few productivity/news apps, and it works great. I use a separate dedicated music device because most budget phones have crappy sound processing, and I don't play games on phones. I'd prefer a slightly smaller footprint (I find the iPhone 5S/SE form factor perfect), but there are no decent 'small' Androids in the budget range. Even the flagship compacts have moved to ~5 inches.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 13th May 2016 at 15:03.
Old 14th May 2016, 13:40   #23485
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I ordered the Moto g3 and got it yesterday.
So you returned your Redmi Note 3?

Quote:
Yeah. The Moto G3 is much faster than so many phones under 20k. It's got a surprisingly light OS, which makes it absolute breeze to use. I think my mom's Moto G3 is faster than a Mi4i and oneplus one.

It just proves that a phone doesn't need fancy software to sell.
Old 14th May 2016, 13:45   #23486
BHPian

I gave the note 3 to my wife. Sadly you can't return phones even in Amazon
Old 15th May 2016, 23:53   #23487
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I gave the note 3 to my wife. Sadly you can't return phones even in Amazon
You can sell it on Quikr for the same price! Unboxed pieces command a premium (atleast till 2 weeks back!).

In other news, I need two pieces of help:
a. The Redmi Note 3/32GB is on its way to be delivered to my wife tomorrow morning, as a smartphone for my mother in law. She's a home maker, so she has limited usage (think facebook / whatsapp and calling and some browsing). She's 63 years old but fairly eager to learn. One part of me wants to go ahead with this order. Another thinks - maybe we can cancel this order and instead go for the Moto G4. I know the G2 itself had a decent camera. This should be better. What would y'all do?

b. I am fed up of Google Play movies. I rent movies in HD and on the phone (including Redmi Note 3, which is full HD), I get the movies in SD only. What can I do to solve this issue?
Old 16th May 2016, 00:25   #23488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
You can sell it on Quikr for the same price! Unboxed pieces command a premium (atleast till 2 weeks back!).

In other news, I need two pieces of help:
a. The Redmi Note 3/32GB is on its way to be delivered to my wife tomorrow morning, as a smartphone for my mother in law. I know the G2 itself had a decent camera. This should be better. What would y'all do?

b. I am fed up of Google Play movies. I rent movies in HD and on the phone (including Redmi Note 3, which is full HD), I get the movies in SD only. What can I do to solve this issue?
a. I would go for Moto G3 / G4 and stock android. Stock is easier to navigate for a new user. Plus the main apps can be placed on the home screen with minimal scrolling.

b. Not sure if this is a good suggestion, but have you checked the settings for SD and HD. I don't use it so won't be help much here.
Old 16th May 2016, 01:00   #23489
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordvader View Post
a. I would go for Moto G3 / G4 and stock android. Stock is easier to navigate for a new user. Plus the main apps can be placed on the home screen with minimal scrolling.
Between both ROMs, I would prefer MIUI to be honest. However, I do know that my MIL is competent enough to master either of the ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordvader View Post
b. Not sure if this is a good suggestion, but have you checked the settings for SD and HD. I don't use it so won't be help much here.
a. Yes, quality is set to HD.
b. I even tried from office post office hours - still SD.
c. https://support.google.com/googlepla...727131?hl=en#S even lists the redmi note 3 as supported.

Thanks for this idea. Any other suggestions?
Old 16th May 2016, 07:23   #23490
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post

a. Yes, quality is set to HD.
b. I even tried from office post office hours - still SD.
c. https://support.google.com/googlepla...727131?hl=en#S even lists the redmi note 3 as supported.

Thanks for this idea. Any other suggestions?
are you sure that it is not bandwidth problem ? I mean phone supports HD, due to bandwidth issue, google decides to reduce the quality, like youtube does.

Most Viewed