Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2015, 21:05   #21976
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
You are in US? Then you have bonus advantage of buying the MotoX through MotoMaker with unlimited customization possibilities. Do have a look at Moto Make website for different material combinations

True but after all the customization you end up paying as much as a samsung or apple doesnt make sense. The point of this phone is vfm with top line hardware and software. The 16 gig with no hooplas cost around 399 and the 32 gig is 429 USD.

I found a deal for half the price and it makes absolute sense to pick this for my father if not for me.
Old 8th October 2015, 23:34   #21977
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
True but after all the customization you end up paying as much as a samsung or apple doesnt make sense. The point of this phone is vfm with top line hardware and software. The 16 gig with no hooplas cost around 399 and the 32 gig is 429 USD.

I found a deal for half the price and it makes absolute sense to pick this for my father if not for me.
Hi vv2010,
Would you mind sharing details about deal that you got? I'm in the same boat- planning to buy moto x pure from States.

Last edited by pranav_mankad : 8th October 2015 at 23:35.
Old 9th October 2015, 15:13   #21978
BHPian

Some not so good news from Sony stable: Sony is giving its mobile division a year to turn profitable or face a split
Quote:
The company CEO Kazuo Hirai gave the mobile division a year or so to start bringing in a profit, before resorting to other measures: "We will continue with the business as long as we are on track with the scenario of breaking even next year onwards, … Otherwise, we haven't eliminated the consideration of alternative options."

While this statement definitely has a doomsday vibe, it doesn't necessarily mean that Sony's mobile business will disappear completely in twelve months or so. More likely, the division will be spun off like its PC business. Another viable survival path might be similar to Alcatel's current strategy of catering to carrier needs, rather than end users. But that seems a lot less likely, given Sony's current product vision.

Still, Hirai remains hopeful: "I do have a feeling that a turnaround in our electronics business has shown progress. The result of three years of restructuring are starting to . show,But we still need to carry out restructuring in smartphones."

In any case, something should be done to improve Sony's mobile business, which currently has around 17.5% market share on its home turf in Japan, less than 1% in the US and is headed towards a huge operating loss for the current fiscal year.
Old 9th October 2015, 15:55   #21979
Lij
BHPian

OnePlus Two to have an open sale on Monday, 12th Oct for 1 hour, 12 noon to 1pm.

http://tech.firstpost.com/news-analy...ur-284164.html
Old 9th October 2015, 16:00   #21980
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lij View Post
OnePlus Two to have an open sale on Monday, 12th Oct for 1 hour, 12 noon to 1pm.

http://tech.firstpost.com/news-analy...ur-284164.html
Correction:

12 noon to 12 noon +0.005 seconds.
Old 9th October 2015, 20:00   #21981
BANNED

Got a flyer from Flipkart re bookings for the MotoX Style opening on the 14th midnight. Price 29,999 for 16GB and 31,999 for 32GB.
Old 9th October 2015, 20:41   #21982
Senior - BHPian

Got Marshmallow update today and finally an Android update that helps the battery life, is here

I think it will only get better as months go by. Didn't really expect such a quick availability of the update.

Nexus 5 is snappier like always and I am loving the Google Now on Tap feature.
Old 9th October 2015, 23:37   #21983
BHPian

Motorola has disappointed so many users by restricting the upgrade to 2015 devices only. Also, they have completely abandoned Moto E2 which was released this year.
Pretty bad move by Motorola (read: Lenovo)
The lay offs are pretty evident here, a lot of people who were responsible for developing & Optimizing the softwares for Motorola's devices have been laid off. There's this guy called Mark who used to be a vital part of Motorola feedback network, they have sent him home too! He played a key role in Moto E 1st gen's updates and soak tests. Motorola is gonna lose a lot of potential customers by totally neglecting the old devices after promising upgrades -_-
Best bet would be to get the Nexus devices at a premium.
Old 10th October 2015, 00:27   #21984
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saadat1992 View Post
Motorola has disappointed so many users by restricting the upgrade to 2015 devices only. Also, they have completely abandoned Moto E2 which was released this year.
Pretty bad move by Motorola (read: Lenovo)
The lay offs are pretty evident here, a lot of people who were responsible for developing & Optimizing the softwares for Motorola's devices have been laid off. There's this guy called Mark who used to be a vital part of Motorola feedback network, they have sent him home too! He played a key role in Moto E 1st gen's updates and soak tests. Motorola is gonna lose a lot of potential customers by totally neglecting the old devices after promising upgrades -_-
Best bet would be to get the Nexus devices at a premium.
Exactly. Sad that both the Moto E's have been omitted from the marshmallow update list. But an even shocking move is that AT&T and Verizon variants of the 2014 Moto X apparently aren't getting the update either!! (Though that's down to the respective carriers, not Motorola).
However, there's always CyanogenMod 13! And most new Motorola devices, being popular, will surely get stable ROMs up. Even the first gen X and G should almost definitely get them.
Old 10th October 2015, 00:33   #21985
Senior - BHPian

Please suggest a good power bank within budget of 1000-1200 with capacity of 10,000mah+ for my HTC Desire 816.
Old 10th October 2015, 05:45   #21986
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Please suggest a good power bank within budget of 1000-1200 with capacity of 10,000mah+ for my HTC Desire 816.
Do have a look at the Mi power bank with 16000mAh capacity. It costs 1300/- I believe.
Old 10th October 2015, 07:09   #21987
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed.Demon View Post
Do have a look at the Mi power bank with 16000mAh capacity. It costs 1300/- I believe.
s.d, do you have a link where I can buy this reliably?
Old 10th October 2015, 07:20   #21988
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
s.d, do you have a link where I can buy this reliably?
Well, you can either try Flipkart or the Mi India site. Mi also has an app for their store available on the Play Store.
Old 10th October 2015, 08:22   #21989
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saadat1992 View Post
Motorola has disappointed so many users by restricting the upgrade to 2015 devices only.
Yeah, as a first gen moto x owner, I'm disappointed. The delayed L update, ignoring the phone specific features like active display, always active assistant etc. They should have built up over these features. And not to mention the bloatware Google apps. I wanted the stock Android experiance, but after every update there are 2-3 extra apps that I can't get rid of.

The phone is superb no doubt, but why do they ignore their flagship?

I'm going to get another device as soon as I can.
Old 10th October 2015, 09:25   #21990
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbppjpr View Post
About the camera, I saw full resolution samples from both the variants and I felt the low priced 'Play' clicks much-much detailed pictures than the Moto X Style which enforces the weird post processing similar like the Galaxy S5, S6, LG and Sony flagships (except Z3) and Apple to make the pictures look noise-free which are not of my liking.
Here is a snap I uploaded on image thread. Taken with play. Very minor adjustments and a slight crop.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post3822309

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks