Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2015, 01:20   #21931
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
It is this one I am getting, also from Amazon.in, and, in going to get that link, I see it has shipped today, from Delhi, so it is on the way
Mine has arrived now. I have not yet put it to the test, but turned on the engine and was able to watch the battery percentage count up, 64, 65, 66, 67 in just a minute or two. I'm sure it is going to be a huge improvement!

(recap: Aukey Qualcom 2.0 car charger as per link in quote, with Xiaomi m4i phone.)
Old 7th October 2015, 08:48   #21932
BHPian

My low cost Android One gets Marshmallow way ahead of many flagships. Thinking if I should click through and install. The first version always has bugs, but I can't wait to try Marshmallow out.
Attached Thumbnails
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-screenshot_20151007084523.png  

Old 7th October 2015, 09:14   #21933
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Corsa View Post
Can anyone suggest a good (most importantly-lag free) phone under 30k ? Good camera being a priority, I did think of the Z3 Compact, but somehow Sony's version of the OS seems overloaded with crap (like Touchwiz). OPT seemed good but camera isn't exactly great. Any other alternatives ?
Stay away from sony, after using 4 phones in 2 years, every phone has failed after 1 year either with cracked screen or mother board failing bcos of heat etc. Even if motherboard fails during warranty they say its water damage and not covered. Have used Z, Ultra Z, and Z Compact. Have moved to Moto now. The last awesome phone I had was Moto Defy, hope this will continue.
Old 7th October 2015, 09:18   #21934
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbullram View Post
Stay away from sony, after using 4 phones in 2 years, every phone has failed after 1 year either with cracked screen or mother board failing bcos of heat etc. Even if motherboard fails during warranty they say its water damage and not covered. Have used Z, Ultra Z, and Z Compact. Have moved to Moto now. The last awesome phone I had was Moto Defy, hope this will continue.
+1 Cannot speak highly about Sony service. My 3.5 mm Jack for the ZR went out of order and they just refused to fix it. They said the phones will NOT be repaired. They said they will give a discount on a new Sony purchase! Shifted to Moto as well.

Last edited by ampere : 7th October 2015 at 11:48.
Old 7th October 2015, 09:31   #21935
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Corsa View Post
Can anyone suggest a good (most importantly-lag free) phone under 30k ? Good camera being a priority, I did think of the Z3 Compact, but somehow Sony's version of the OS seems overloaded with crap (like Touchwiz). OPT seemed good but camera isn't exactly great. Any other alternatives ?
How about this : http://www.androidauthority.com/moto...tricks-647009/
Old 7th October 2015, 09:36   #21936
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can anyone suggest a good (most importantly-lag free) phone under 30k ? Good camera being a priority, I did think of the Z3 Compact,
Samsung S5 should be costing at this range if not new atleast in the used market. I would definitely pick a S5 over most of the other phones at this price range.

Alternatively the Nexus 5X should be priced around that point if not max 35K. YOu should definitely try that.

And Moto X Style should be at similar price range and comes with SD card as given above.

I think Moto X Style is the best for sure for price and features. UNless you are a Samsung or Apple fan, Moto X makes more sense for its price range and almost pure ANdroid and guaranteed updated to newer software within a months time.
Old 7th October 2015, 10:36   #21937
BANNED

I hear that the Moto X Style (known as Pure in the west) is being launched tomorrow. Rumour puts a ceiling of ₹30k to the price.
Old 7th October 2015, 11:17   #21938
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I hear that the Moto X Style (known as Pure in the west) is being launched tomorrow. Rumour puts a ceiling of ₹30k to the price.
Related question:

Would a Moto X Pure bought in US work in India?

What does it cost in US?
Old 7th October 2015, 11:28   #21939
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Related question:

Would a Moto X Pure bought in US work in India?

What does it cost in US?
Going by the history of Motorola, price of their devices in India are almost same to US. Then warranty terms and network bands may differ between the different devices sold in the different countries. So no sense in getting their phones from other countries.

Expected prices of Moto X Style is around 35K for the 32GB variant.
Old 7th October 2015, 11:50   #21940
Lij
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
Samsung S5 should be costing at this range if not new atleast in the used market.
In fact way less than 30k for a new one. Available on FK for 22k for the 16GB version and sold by WS Retail.
Old 7th October 2015, 12:05   #21941
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Yes Sir. It is indeed launching, and as of all Moto's, will be available exclusively through Flipkart. As of the 'Pure' branding, as far as I know it is exclusive only to the US as it is sold only unlocked there. And as it costs around $400 there, would be fair to expect around 28-30k here. Excellent for a stock Android device with a great camera and expandable storage. The Nexus 5X, for a comparison, will reportedly cost 31k for the 16 GB and 36k for the 32 GB variant.
Old 7th October 2015, 12:10   #21942
BHPian

I am facing a strange issue with my Moto G3 from the past 3 days. The battery consumption has increased tremendously (atleast by 3 folds). As per my normal usage, my phone discharges by about 10% over the night (Wifi/4G/Location/Sync all turned on). But now it discharges around 35% over the night. When I checked the battery stats, it seems that the Google Play Services is consuming the maximum battery. A quick search of google tells me that there is an issue with Google Play Services consuming ridiculous amount of battery in lollipop.

Anyone else facing this issue ?
Old 7th October 2015, 12:12   #21943
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post
Anyone else facing this issue ?
I remember a similar problem even with Kit-Kat even on Sony phones. But not seen lately. And also have not heard about this on Moto G3.
Old 7th October 2015, 12:29   #21944
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
My low cost Android One gets Marshmallow way ahead of many flagships. Thinking if I should click through and install. The first version always has bugs, but I can't wait to try Marshmallow out.
I would suggest you to install it straightaway. The bugs you mention were mainly in Lollipop recently, due to the huge amount of changes to the system made. Marshmallow was mainly about fixing all the bugs and increasing stability. Even updating to KitKat from Jellybean didn't give anybody problems, because KitKat was only a refined and more optimized version of Jellybean. So I don't think Lollipop>Marshmallow will give problems like KitKat>Lollipop gave to many users. Plus, latest software before high end monsters is always awesome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbullram View Post
Well, apparently you invested right in the wrong series of phones. The Z and Z1 series did have their share of problems, starting from viewing angles, to fit and finish in some units, quality issues, fragile glass, and more. The Z2 series improved by leaps and bounds over them, and Z3 series took it to yet another level. The Z3, I would say, is actually a better phone here than the LG G3 with the useless LG UI and Exynos Galaxy S5. The Snapdragon Galaxy S5 sold in the West is a much better performer than the Exynos version sold in Asia.

Last edited by mukul32 : 7th October 2015 at 12:39.
Old 7th October 2015, 12:34   #21945
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukul32 View Post
. Excellent for a stock Android device with a great camera and expandable storage. The Nexus 5X, for a comparison, will reportedly cost 31k for the 16 GB and 36k for the 32 GB variant.
This is not only about stock Android, camera, specs or price point, rather the nifty Moto features come loaded with Moto X make it much more desirable than others. Again posting the link explaining tips and trick to tweak the Moto X: http://www.androidauthority.com/moto...tricks-647009/

Then build quality and availability in different customized materials also put it apart.

This is one phone which users usually prefer to keep it stock due the features it offers, its not for those who like tinker with OS or like to play with different custom ROMs. Nexus makes more sense for those.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks