Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2015, 22:25   #21991
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Guys since yesterday I am getting a message on my one+ that reads

"Unfortunately the process com.android.phone has stopped"

Options given are Report & OK On selecting either the signals go away and then comeback.

What could be the reason for this ? Is it do with the phone or the sim card?

I have not downloaded any new apps recently or any other download for that matter.
Old 11th October 2015, 01:25   #21992
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Guys since yesterday I am getting a message on my one+ that reads

"Unfortunately the process com.android.phone has stopped"

Options given are Report & OK On selecting either the signals go away and then comeback.

What could be the reason for this ? Is it do with the phone or the sim card?

I have not downloaded any new apps recently or any other download for that matter.
It's just that due to some app or app update, the phone system is crashing. Try to boot into safe mode to check what app is causing it. You'll get more info buy googling how to boot into safe mode. If the message is pestering too much, just factory reset. It'll get fixed for sure.
Old 11th October 2015, 15:11   #21993
Team-BHP Support

Hi!

Please suggest an application which will save my photos and would be accessible from Android platform as well as iOS.

I hope photo & App would be accessible from any phone when I log-in with my E-mail ID.

Old 11th October 2015, 15:27   #21994

Try drop box of any other cloud storage.
Old 11th October 2015, 15:57   #21995
BHPian

I'm planning to upgrade from OnePlus One to newly releasing Moto X Style. Is it worth the upgrade? What are my other options for my budget of 30k ?

I'm not selling my OnePlus One but giving away to my wife.
Old 11th October 2015, 18:30   #21996
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRV2010 View Post
I'm planning to upgrade from OnePlus One to newly releasing Moto X Style. Is it worth the upgrade? What are my other options for my budget of 30k ?

I am also tempted to get a new one. However not too sure if there are too many advantages in doing this. Configuration wise I guess the OPO hits the right notes. I am only depressed with the battery so have degraded to KITKAT which gives a fantastic backup.
Old 11th October 2015, 23:18   #21997
BHPian

Quote:

One doesn't just give it away to one's better half, more likely give it up to her ! ROFL
Old 12th October 2015, 10:34   #21998
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhjain View Post
I am also tempted to get a new one. However not too sure if there are too many advantages in doing this. Configuration wise I guess the OPO hits the right notes. I am only depressed with the battery so have degraded to KITKAT which gives a fantastic backup.
OPO is quite fast and I have no issues with it except its microphone. It's a beast. I bought it only because of CM. But CM itself these days have started to add useless tools like Boxer, Truecaller. I'm okay with the battery as it lasts for more than a day with all day 3G/Wifi Usage even in 5.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetorange View Post
One doesn't just give it away to one's better half, more likely give it up to her ! ROFL
To be frank, I am not happy with its Voice clarity. It sounds same as other cheaper Chinese phones. People talking to me always ask's me to reduce the volume as they hear echo or ringing sound which is common in chinese phones like Micromax, Lava or Intex. Another bad is people cannot hear me if I am talking through the helmet.

Phone also went to service center for this issue but was told it's perfect.

Other than this issue, I am happy with OPO.
Old 12th October 2015, 10:47   #21999
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

I have the Nexus 6 2014 and I feel it is an under rated phone. Most folks look the other way when they hear it is a 6 inch phone. But I have felt it very comfortable to use.

Flipkart has it listed at 30 K, but pretty sure as part of their big billion sale (and considering the 2015 Nexus's are out), there is going to be some good discounts on it. I personally got it for 23K with a 5K exchange for my Nexus 2 and a 2K discount on using an SBI card.

Another thing I liked about it is the fact that it comes with the Turbo charger included. Several phones running Qualcoms latest chipset support Turbo Charging, but most don't come with the Turbo Charger and you need to invest more on it.

So if it comes for ~25K as part of the sale, I think it is an option worth looking at.
Old 12th October 2015, 11:08   #22000
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
I have the Nexus 6 2014 and I feel it is an under rated phone. Most folks look the other way when they hear it is a 6 inch phone. But I have felt it very comfortable to use.

Flipkart has it listed at 30 K, but pretty sure as part of their big billion sale (and considering the 2015 Nexus's are out), there is going to be some good discounts on it. I personally got it for 23K with a 5K exchange for my Nexus 2 and a 2K discount on using an SBI card.

Another thing I liked about it is the fact that it comes with the Turbo charger included. Several phones running Qualcoms latest chipset support Turbo Charging, but most don't come with the Turbo Charger and you need to invest more on it.

So if it comes for ~25K as part of the sale, I think it is an option worth looking at.
Thanks Rajeev, I will keep Nexus 6 is my list but I am more keen on Moto X Style as it's Dual Sim.
Old 12th October 2015, 11:15   #22001
BHPian

Quote:
Does the nexus 6 come with 4g support for the TDD and FDD bands used in India by airtel and soon to be launched Jio? I find the phone a better deal then One Plus 2 if they have any offers on it.
Old 12th October 2015, 11:40   #22002
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaFan View Post
Does the nexus 6 come with 4g support for the TDD and FDD bands used in India by airtel and soon to be launched Jio? I find the phone a better deal then One Plus 2 if they have any offers on it.
No, it does not support the band currently used by Airtel (Band 40?). My understanding from what I read was that it supports every other band and the upcoming 4G networks are all on supported bands.

It was not a deal breaker for me as I am on Vodafone and happy with 3G for now. But if you are on Airtel and looking to move to 4G, it will be a problem.
Old 12th October 2015, 14:21   #22003
BHPian

Quote:
No, it does not support the band currently used by Airtel (Band 40?). My understanding from what I read was that it supports every other band and the upcoming 4G networks are all on supported bands.

It was not a deal breaker for me as I am on Vodafone and happy with 3G for now. But if you are on Airtel and looking to move to 4G, it will be a problem.
It also depends on which circle you are in. For example, Airtel in Kerala uses 1800Mhz (band 3) FDD LTE for its 4G. Meanwhile Jio test signals are only available on band 40 as of now. However, Jio has also shown interest in using its newly acquired 1800 Mhz licence for its 4G services.
Old 12th October 2015, 14:48   #22004
Senior - BHPian

I don't know if there are any Nexus 5 fans out here, but there is a good deal on Snapdeal for this 2 year old model.
They are also giving a Chromecast (and perhaps a cover/ case free).

The listed price is Rs. 15999 and you are free to try coupons to bring down the price further.

Not bad for this phone, eh?

Meanwhile, Motorola continues to be losing fans (and popularity) due to slow updates (updates were the talking point in 2014.)

There are more and more posts on the community criticizing Motorola. The recent job cuts in the US has further exacerbated the problem along with a change of ownership (Lenovo).

How things change in business over time!
Old 12th October 2015, 16:20   #22005
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Meanwhile, Motorola continues to be losing fans (and popularity) due to slow updates (updates were the talking point in 2014.)
Not sure what you mean by slow updates: http://phandroid.com/2015/10/09/moto...ion-soak-test/

They took time during transition from 4.4 to 5.0 because this was was a complete revamp, still they were first to release Lollipop along with couple of other devices form other brands. Except that they were not slow during 4.x era, and as per above rumors, they seem to be coming back onto the track with the current gen Android also which is kind of updation from jellybean to Kitkat, not a full overhaul like Kitkat to Lollipop.

About fewer devices not getting updates, they claim 18 months of update cycle per device and so far they fulfilled the promises. First generations of Moto X, Moto G and Moto E have completed their period of 18 months update cycle. Right now all of the Motorola devices are running on Lollipop, that itself tells how serious they are about their commitments.

Coming onto the devices receiving slow updates, the first gen Moto X had some 'special' hardware combination which wasn't easy to handle for constant updates thats why they started simplifying the hardware in the MotoX series from 2014 onwards.

Only disappointment remains is no news about Marshmallow update for MotoE. Let's see if they have some new for this budged phone at some later point of time.

Some official from Motorola rightly said once that its not easy to make everyone happy with all the steps they take.

If you want quick and sure updates, get flagships, though low budget devices will not be ignored fully, its obvious they will have lesser preference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
The recent job cuts in the US has further exacerbated the problem along with a change of ownership (Lenovo).
Agree, thats really a big concern.

Quote:
How things change in business over time!
Yeah, once Motorola had largest number of patents in the mobile industry. They were the one who created mobile industry. Then time came when this brand was almost dead couple of years ago, who thought they will bounce back, but they did and did it with strong impact.

Now only wish is that they somehow manage to get out of Chinese Lenovo ownership, thats the most hopeless thing happened in the history of 80+ years. Hope they come out of this disaster also someday.

Last edited by tbppjpr : 12th October 2015 at 16:21.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks