Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2015, 13:06   #22021
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Ordered Asus Zenwatch 2 from amazon.com @129$. Approx 10k landed incl customs duty which they have incl in the cost while checkout (Total: $134.08 Import Fees Deposit: $22.79 Order Total: $156.87 *INR 10,822.94) Ships directly to Meerut, India - http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-Smartwatc...ef=dp_return_2 . I feel the Zenwatch 2 is a great buy at nearly a third of the cost of the Samsung Gear S2 and Moto 360 ver 2.

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-asus-zenwatch-2_1.jpg

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-asus-zenwatch-2.jpg

Cheers...

Last edited by dkaile : 14th October 2015 at 13:08.
Old 14th October 2015, 13:07   #22022
BHPian

Hello people. The Xiaomi Mi4i is available at a sweet discount on Amazon. I am planning to buy it, but just wanted to know if anyone has faced serious heating issue with the phone.

I remember reading earlier that people had a lot of heating issues with it. However, after a software update the heating is kept under check. Any inputs/comments?

-Bhargav
Old 14th October 2015, 13:15   #22023
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octane_Power View Post
Any inputs/comments?
Cross posting johannskaria's inputs from The Online Shopping thread :

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
Have been using mi4i for 4 months.
I updated the software as soon as I got the phone and have not faced any heating / warming issue despite putting a 3rd party cover.
Ringtone and alarm is as loud as the 2nd Gen moto G in my experience.
Not even a bit laggy.

It has served me well.
Old 14th October 2015, 16:16   #22024
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Ordered Asus Zenwatch 2 from amazon.com ... ... ...
I have given up wearing things on my wrist. Oddly enough, the reason for that is that I use my phone to tell the time! But for those who want something wearable, this looks very nice.

Aside... from the picture describing parts: Watch Crow? No... they mean "Crown!" But English is so full of weird word usage, especially in trades like watch-making, that I admit that I had to check this with google.

Quote:
Hello people. The Xiaomi Mi4i is available at a sweet discount on Amazon. I am planning to buy it, but just wanted to know if anyone has faced serious heating issue with the phone.

I remember reading earlier that people had a lot of heating issues with it. However, after a software update the heating is kept under check. Any inputs/comments?

-Bhargav
My phone is really a pocket computer, as I make few calls, and they tend to be short. My m4i gets warm, but not "hot." It isn't a problem.

The thing that I like least about it is that there is no memory card slot, and only 16Gb [? I think] of internal memory. If you want to use the phone as a portable media player, or take lots of photos, it is not nearly enough. I can live with it, but would have preferred the later 32Gb model.

I also don't like the Muui launcher: I use Apex. It's worth noting that, with Xiaomi, rooting, flashing roms, etc, does not void your warranty.

For any deeper discussion, I suggest our thread: .
Old 14th October 2015, 16:17   #22025
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Ordered Asus Zenwatch 2 from amazon.com @129$. Approx 10k landed incl customs duty which they have incl in the cost while checkout (Total: $134.08 Import Fees Deposit: $22.79 Order Total: $156.87 *INR 10,822.94) Ships directly to Meerut, India - http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-Smartwatc...ef=dp_return_2 . I feel the Zenwatch 2 is a great buy at nearly a third of the cost of the Samsung Gear S2 and Moto 360 ver 2.
Wow, that is indeed a good deal. Looks great too. Bleh, mid of the month....
Old 14th October 2015, 16:42   #22026
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

-Bhargav

I've been using Mi4i for 3.5 months now, no heating problem, at all. Absolutely none, though what I dislike is the miniscule storage. If you can, get the 32 gb version, well worth it. I know Amazon is offering the 16gb for 10k, at this price, one really can't ask for more!
Old 15th October 2015, 09:19   #22027
BANNED

As for the phone I am sorry but I am quite happy with my Rado and Omega Constellation.

I have placed an order with Flipkart for one Moto X Style 32GB. Sales start on 25th with delivery before 4th November.
Old 15th October 2015, 10:06   #22028
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I have placed an order with Flipkart for one Moto X Style 32GB. Sales start on 25th with delivery before 4th November.
"Big Billion Sale" scheme is going on Flipakrt, did you get any special offer for your order?

The BB sale offers are available only on app which are not visible while browsing their website on the computer. I am not on app neither want to install, I wonder if they are really giving some offers or its just another marketing gimmick by them.
Old 15th October 2015, 10:32   #22029
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbppjpr View Post
I wonder if they are really giving some offers or its just another marketing gimmick by them.
The offers are good on some brands. Like my Asus Zenfone 2 4GB Ram 2.3Ghz 32GB memory model is available at 17499/-, a saving of further 2.5K while the 2GB Ram and 16GB memory model is going for just 12K, a saving of 3k today but this is without a fast charger. No savings on some others like the Moto X style which is going at nearly double the price at 32k for the 3GB Ram 32GB memory model. The Asus seems like a good deal if you can compromise a bit on the camera quality from the other flagships like S6 etc.
Old 15th October 2015, 10:39   #22030
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
"Big Billion Sale" scheme is going on Flipakrt, did you get any special offer for your order?

The BB sale offers are available only on app which are not visible while browsing their website on the computer. I am not on app neither want to install, I wonder if they are really giving some offers or its just another marketing gimmick by them.
Definitely much better offers on the app. Install, buy and immediately uninstall.

Picked up a 43" 📺 plus a washing machine for 2 relatives. Used up the 10% discounts on both my StanC and Citi cards.
Old 15th October 2015, 10:45   #22031
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

There are good offers across FK, Amazon and Snapdeal. But you need to double check if the offer is actually good. If you have been tracking a product for some time, it will be easy to judge.

For eg: The Nexus 6 2014 has been at 30K for some time now. During thier last offer day, they had an old phone buyback and a 10% SBI discount. I had bought it that time for 23.5K (5000 for my Nexus 4 and 1500 from SBI card). Then it went back to 30K.

Today they have dropped it to 25K and have added the old phone and Credit card discount. So if I had bought it today, I would have paid 18250.

On the other hand, I saw the Nexus 5 listed at 17K with a claimed MRP of 30K and hence ~50% discount. But this phone has been available at ~21K for several months now. So it is not as big a discount as claimed.
Old 15th October 2015, 11:39   #22032
BANNED

Quote:

afaik the offert is on cards but debit cards are only on the app. This was not having an offer (I do hold SCB cards of both kinds).
Old 15th October 2015, 14:10   #22033
BHPian

Flipkart servers crashed and didn't respond till 12:50am last night.

Moto X 2 & Moto X play were on good deals.

Moto X2 32gb variant was at 17,999 + Exchange offer

Moto X play 32gb variant was at 18.5k + exchange

Finally placed the order for the Moto X Play after reading horrendous reviews on the X2 & its extremely fragile screen. Trading in my Moto E1 for the play!

FK app was working fine past 1am.
Old 15th October 2015, 14:40   #22034
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
FK is definately losing many of the prospective buyers with this 'app only' deals. Can't these guys get some statistics and compare the sales figures between purchases that happen on mobile platform and PC platforms?
I for one will not use the app to shop, so I am completely off the FK sale.

They repeatedly claim > 75% are mobile only buyers, so they believe the trend is that way and don't care for desktop users.
Old 15th October 2015, 14:55   #22035
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saadat1992 View Post
Flipkart servers crashed and didn't respond till 12:50am last night.
Flipkart has become a sad joke, not only for its perpetual sales, but for the fact that its infrastructure can't meet the demand. Unfortunately, that demand shows that what they are doing works for them, at least in the short term.

It reminds me that, on several occasions, meeting a sales rep and suffering his cow excrement would leave my boss and I asking each other how on earth does that guy ever actually sell anything! But those people had jobs, they must have got sales. Some people must have lapped up the excrement and signed the order

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks