Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2015, 17:18   #21181
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swapnil_Alto View Post
Have checked it out. Didn't like it. It is indeed a good phone but I personally didn't like it. Plus it can only be ordered if one has an invite.
The One Plus One is an amazing device. Have a look at the specs. Will be a lot better to use than the Samsung you looking at. As for the invite, we have a thread on the forum for those and lots of invites available nowadays

OT: Just in case you aren't a heavy app user or keep flashing various rom's, look at windows phones in your budget. Really good stuff.
Old 24th April 2015, 17:33   #21182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amansanc View Post
The One Plus One is an amazing device. Have a look at the specs. Will be a lot better to use than the Samsung you looking at. As for the invite, we have a thread on the forum for those and lots of invites available nowadays

OT: Just in case you aren't a heavy app user or keep flashing various rom's, look at windows phones in your budget. Really good stuff.
No invites needed anymore for 1+1. It is a open sale now at Amazon.in
Old 24th April 2015, 17:35   #21183
BHPian

Quote:

Thank You. I'll check out the one plus one. I'm a heavy user. Play games and use lots of app. I don't keep flashing various ROMs though. I want to buy android only. I personally don't like windows phone. Opinions differ and windows os looks pretty complicated to me. Hence I've planned to take android only.
Old 24th April 2015, 17:43   #21184
BHPian

Quote:
Plus it can only be ordered if one has an invite.
This is the past news. From 20.04.2015, one plus one is available without any invitation. You can read the news here. You can also see that Amazon.in has updated OPO with "No Invite Required" as tag line.
Old 24th April 2015, 18:19   #21185
BHPian

Quote:

OPO has kept me hooked onto it for the past 5 months. I was an iPhone buy before that. I have tried multiple Samsung devices before that and nothing comes remotely close to this beast.
Old 24th April 2015, 20:49   #21186
BHPian

Do the "Android One" phones have both SIMs 3G enabled? Unable find this piece of information online.
Old 24th April 2015, 21:04   #21187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
What just happened to my z3 compact? Would a factory reset fix this?
So did a full factory reset and things seem to have improved.
Attached Thumbnails
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-1429889646740.jpg  

Old 25th April 2015, 11:57   #21188
BHPian

Sim 2 Not receiving signals in MOTO G2.

Hi Guys,

Recently purchased MOTO G2 for home minister. Have noticed a peculiar behavior in it.

I have 2 connections. One Airtel and Other Idea. Both are micro-sim cards in the slots. No cut sims.

In the phone, I can receive the airtel signal but not the IDEA one. Initially I thought it was a sim card slot issue, so swapped the cards. Even then I notice that the IDEA is not receiving any signal and airtel is receiving the signal. This test ruled out the issue of sim card slots, if any.

Now, took out the idea sim and put it in my nokia phone, and voila, I have the signal and connection is proper.

So, effectively, could conclude that "something" is happening in MOTO G2 wherein I am not able to receive any signal of IDEA.

Any method to resolve the issue in MOTO G2, of not receiving signal in SIM 2.

btw, I am already on Lollipop. Received it with the same software from Flippy.

Do I need to upgrade the software ?

Help guys
Old 26th April 2015, 01:36   #21189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Sim 2 Not receiving signals in MOTO G2.

Hi Guys,

Recently purchased MOTO G2 for home minister. Have noticed a peculiar behavior in it.

I have 2 connections. One Airtel and Other Idea. Both are micro-sim cards in the slots. No cut sims.

In the phone, I can receive the airtel signal but not the IDEA one. Initially I thought it was a sim card slot issue, so swapped the cards. Even then I notice that the IDEA is not receiving any signal and airtel is receiving the signal. This test ruled out the issue of sim card slots, if any.

Now, took out the idea sim and put it in my nokia phone, and voila, I have the signal and connection is proper.

So, effectively, could conclude that "something" is happening in MOTO G2 wherein I am not able to receive any signal of IDEA.

Any method to resolve the issue in MOTO G2, of not receiving signal in SIM 2.

btw, I am already on Lollipop. Received it with the same software from Flippy.

Do I need to upgrade the software ?

Help guys

Seems like you are in the warranty period, make this the service center's problem, as this seems likely to be the phones settings.
When you put the IDEA sim into the Nokia, does IDEA msg new settings?
If Yes, try inserting ONLY the IDEA sim in the primary sim slot of the Moto G and see of you receive new settings and configuration message.

If this fails, take the phone to the service center. I dont think think this would get resolved by any software update OTA.
Old 26th April 2015, 10:23   #21190
BHPian

I am having a wee bit of trouble with my Samsung SIII. Its rooted and running on CM 10.2. With earphones attached, only the left side works right side is dead. The earphones are fine. The Samsung service centre chaps weren't sure if its a hardware or a software fault, they said if the earphone jack is spoilt- earplugs shouldn't work at all.
They offered to reformat my phone to diagnose if its indeed a software issue. Backed off because, I didn't have my data backed-up and wasn't sure what they'd do and how they'd reformat my rooted phone.
Anyway, any thoughts? Should I try flashing CM 11 or something? Anyone faced a similar issue ?

Also, thinking of buying a new phone in the next couple of months. My SIII is a little shy of 2.5 years. Looking for something within a range of ~25-28k, the only phones which caught my eye seem to be the S5 and Nexus 5. I don't know if it makes sense to buy a N5 now. Any other worthy alternatives. Not extremely keen on the OPO. The Moto X2 reviews aren't very positive, with respect to it not being a sturdy phone.

Last edited by promit : 26th April 2015 at 10:26.
Old 26th April 2015, 11:33   #21191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofromcapone View Post
as this seems likely to be the phones settings.
When you put the IDEA sim into the Nokia, does IDEA msg new settings?
If Yes, try inserting ONLY the IDEA sim in the primary sim slot of the Moto G and see of you receive new settings and configuration message.

If this fails, take the phone to the service center. I dont think think this would get resolved by any software update OTA.
Thanks a ton for your guidance. Highly appreciate it.

Now coming back, when I put the IDEA sim in Nokia, I didn't receive any settings. But it even works fine now also only for voice calls. I don't have any data plan on IDEA.

When we insert IDEA into SIM 1 [ primary Sim Slot ] for MOTO G2, even then I don't receive any settings or any signal. Its like a dumb machine now !

Yes, I am in warranty period. I had never any issues with the phones till date. If its a hardware issues, whom should I approach for a new piece ?

Can this aspect be resolved with the service center guys ?

Appreciate your help
Old 26th April 2015, 12:10   #21192
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thank You. I'll check out the one plus one. I'm a heavy user. Play games and use lots of app. I don't keep flashing various ROMs though. I want to buy android only. I personally don't like windows phone. Opinions differ and windows os looks pretty complicated to me. Hence I've planned to take android only.
For a heavy use use case, the zenfone 2 is worth checking out. With 4gb ram, initial reviews indicate it can handle anything you can throw at it. Especially heavy duty games.
Old 26th April 2015, 12:32   #21193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
For a heavy use use case, the zenfone 2 is worth checking out. With 4gb ram, initial reviews indicate it can handle anything you can throw at it. Especially heavy duty games.
With killer specs and low pricing, Xiaomi Mi 4i could be a good buy too. They have improved the device in all areas.
Old 26th April 2015, 14:32   #21194
Senior - BHPian

Which will give me a better battery backup, Zenfone 2 or Mi4i? Or do you recommend any other with decent resolution + best backup.
Old 26th April 2015, 14:36   #21195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Which will give me a better battery backup, Zenfone 2 or Mi4i? Or do you recommend any other with decent resolution + best backup.
A friend told me yesterday that the Zenfone 2 heats up even while playing smooth games. But again, no official reviews out yet. I'll suggest you to wait for some time and wait for the reviews to come up online.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks