Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2015, 21:56   #21331
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

I wish I could go for the SOny Z3 compact! But that is a huge amount of money, that I would rather spend on other luxuries like hifi, and having more cash for my upcoming UK trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
The wife's new toy is the Samsung E5. The husband is wondering about the Mi 4i.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Get the mi4i. I have used it in person and the awesome lag free behavior (get a rubber case asap) is to be seen to be believed! The size is just right, unlike the 5.5"+ monsters these days.

If you want, I can help you try in the sale next week!
Your advice is valued (of course, so is everybody else's!) as you helped me to have the confidence to go for rooting and non-stock ROM a couple of years ago, which I have never regretted.

It's available on Flipkart with a 10% discount for Axis bank card in their yesterday/today sale. Without anybody saying, "Stop! You Fool! Do not buy that phone! ! " I'm inclined to go for it today. Will just check out the bank balance and other commitments with Mrs G when she gets home from grand-mothering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
Lack of expandable memory seems to be the only reason to not buy Mi4i. It does support USB on the go, so you may carry your media on a pen drive whenever required.

If you are not in a hurry, do wait for some time. They may launch a 32 or 64 GB variant based on customer and reviewer feedback. (Same thing has happened for the Mi4)

"Mi phones are exclusively available on flipkart."

http://www.flipkart.com/mi

Rohan
Looked today at the 32Gb card on my phone and the 64Gb card on my tablet. They are both actually amazingly empty, even though there are a few hundred music tracks on the tablet. At MP3/128kbs, it takes up very little space. I did a batch conversion of my whole picture library to 1024*x, for travel, and it fits on a 4Gb thumb drive with room to spare.

32/64Gb would look more attractive, and I have always said that memory card expansion is a must-have, but when I come to assess how I actually use the devices, it actually isn't --- but an OTG cable is

Thanks for all the help. Knowing flipkart it will probably be out of stock if/when I pull the trigger. I'll let y'all know tomorrow
Old 26th May 2015, 22:11   #21332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCIHD View Post
A moto g gen 2, good choice. But I suggest to get a new 1 amp charger instead of using the stock 0.5A charger. It takes forever to charge it with the stock charger.
Thanks. Is it available off the shelf at Flipkart? Will it by any ways damage the battery/void the warranty?
Old 26th May 2015, 22:40   #21333
Senior - BHPian

After being in the WP platform for close to 2 years, I am moving back into Droid world. Paid for a gen 2 Moto X and waiting for the phone to arrive. I think its a little too big for my liking but the spec looks great. Got a good deal as well. Hope the camera is not too bad as all the reviews state.
Old 27th May 2015, 00:12   #21334
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for all the help. Knowing flipkart it will probably be out of stock if/when I pull the trigger. I'll let y'all know tomorrow
It's on order. Rs.11,699 with the Axis-card offer, next-day6 delivery, but as I placed the order at 11.15pm, that means Thursday.

Old 27th May 2015, 02:50   #21335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_neel View Post
Is it available off the shelf at Flipkart? Will it by any ways damage the battery/void the warranty?
Neel, buying a phone online is no big deal these days. I got a Samsung Galaxy S4 few days ago from amazon. You can buy the Moto G2 from flipkart without any worries. If by any chance you receive the product damaged or you face any issue within the first few days, you can return the phone to flipkart without any hassle and they will return your full payed money too. Hope this helped.

Regards,
Swapnil
Old 27th May 2015, 05:35   #21336
BHPian

Quote:
Another good thing: 4G capability. Not so much for now (although it might be nice for my month in UK), but it is a future-proofing feature.

~
You may want to check the LTE bands supported in UK vs what is offered in Mi4i. I don't know how many different bands of LTE are offered worldwide(20+), but one thing is certain that there isn't a universal LTE phone yet.
Old 27th May 2015, 08:07   #21337
Senior - BHPian

I would suggest people to check out popular brick-n-mortar mobile stores for handsets that are not sold exclusively through online stores. Their price is not very different from online stores, and sometimes is lower. I was surprised to see the Xperia Z ultra on sale at Saravana super store for 18.5k, while the price online was higher. Plus we can physically check the phone and then buy.
Old 27th May 2015, 08:23   #21338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swapnil_Alto View Post
Neel, buying a phone online is no big deal these days. I got a Samsung Galaxy S4 few days ago from amazon. You can buy the Moto G2 from flipkart without any worries. If by any chance you receive the product damaged or you face any issue within the first few days, you can return the phone to flipkart without any hassle and they will return your full payed money too. Hope this helped.

Regards,
Swapnil
Actually, already bought the Moto G2 online My query was about the charger.
Old 27th May 2015, 08:36   #21339
BHPian

Quote:
While the charger head matters, the cable also makes a huge difference. When my dogs chewed off my original oneplus one cable I got the monoprice cable from amazon to give a good charging time like stock.
Old 27th May 2015, 09:09   #21340
BANNED

@PCIHD; Thanks for the information. I will use my existing htc charger, since hopefully all are on Micro-USB now!
Old 27th May 2015, 09:34   #21341
BHPian

Quote:
I have the G2 too.
The stock charger is like the slowest to charge!
Since the Moto G 2 is 2070 mAh
the charger output is 550mAh
the expected full charge (0 to 100%) time is around 3hrs 45mins.
Here is Moto's recommendation about chargers:
Quoting from Moto link above-
Quote:
Any Motorola charger with the correct micro-USB tip will charge your Moto G. You will see the best results when the output of the charger is between 500 mA and 1.5 A. The higher the output, the faster your Moto G will charge.
If your charger output is higher, the MOTO G will automatically restrict the charging rate. If your charger is lower, it will simply take longer to reach a full charge.
For past 2-3 months, I have been using my Micromax A110 charger (which's 1A rated output)
has approx 1 hour 30 min to full charge from 10ish% levels.

+1 to what Abhjain said.

Cheers,

Ace.

Last edited by driverace : 27th May 2015 at 09:35.
Old 27th May 2015, 09:53   #21342
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Buy the Sony CP-AD2 from eBay. Costs ~500rs after discounts. Its probably the best charger on sale right now, built very solid with a nice and thick USB cable. I've bought 2 of them recently and I'm very happy with them.

Make sure you buy the one with 1.5m USB cable, else you get a 30cm cable which is too short.

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-sonycpad2c1400x400imae2k24msrmqcqy.jpeg

Last edited by SunnyBoi : 27th May 2015 at 09:58.
Old 27th May 2015, 10:53   #21343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCIHD View Post
A moto g gen 2, good choice. But I suggest to get a new 1 amp charger instead of using the stock 0.5A charger. It takes forever to charge it with the stock charger.
Thanks a lot for the suggestion. It is a good choice indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverace View Post
I have the G2 too.
The stock charger is like the slowest to charge!
Since the Moto G 2 is 2070 mAh
the charger output is 550mAh
the expected full charge (0 to 100%) time is around 3hrs 45mins.
Here is Moto's recommendation about chargers:
Quoting from Moto link above-
For past 2-3 months, I have been using my Micromax A110 charger (which's 1A rated output)
has approx 1 hour 30 min to full charge from 10ish% levels.

+1 to what Abhjain said.

Cheers,

Ace.
Thanks a lot. Will try to convince Dad to order it. In the mean time, can I use a Galaxy S4 charger to charge up my Moto G2?

Cheers,
Neel
Old 27th May 2015, 12:53   #21344
Senior - BHPian

Is the Google Carboard selling? There are replicas available for 10 dollars and should not be that different since they are simple.
Old 27th May 2015, 18:20   #21345
BHPian

Quote:
In the mean time, can I use a Galaxy S4 charger to charge up my Moto G2?
Sure you can. The S4 stock charger is rated at 2A, and it charges my Moto G from around 15ish% to full in around 1h 20min or so.

Very handy if you're in a hurry.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks