Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2015, 21:07   #21256
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovergen View Post
Request all to suggest for a upgrade for HTC M8 , it is a year now i am with M8 , mobile upgrade is due this week , which phone can i look at have a budget of 50 K , five this way or that way ...
I would say, go for S6 eyes closed. I saw it's review and in-dept review too. It's has the best camera ever seen on an android till date. If you want the curved screen, only then go for the S6 edge. It's just kind of a funky feature IMO. If I was you, I would have gone for the S6.

Regards,
Swapnil
Old 10th May 2015, 11:43   #21257
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovergen View Post
Request all to suggest for a upgrade for HTC M8 , it is a year now i am with M8 , mobile upgrade is due this week , which phone can i look at have a budget of 50 K , five this way or that way ...
If you are looking for something that is away from the herd, then I'd suggest the LG G Flex 2; its got a great screen and camera with the USP of a self-healing back.
Also, there is the Moto Turbo; it offers all the features of the regular flagships at 80% of the price.
Old 10th May 2015, 13:25   #21258
Team-BHP Support

Ok. Maybe not necessary, but because of battery life, I am looking to exchange my Nexus 5.

Been hearing good things about Z3 compact. Battery life is good as well as well as size.

Any phone you guys would recommend with good battery life [yes, should last one day] and has the experience of Nexus. I am a very satisfied Nexus 5 user save for battery. Moderately used, the phone's battery sees the day. Impressed by Note series batteries.

Or get the iPhone 5S? Do not like the iPhone 6 as much.

Budget is not a consideration, but phablets are not really to my liking.
Old 10th May 2015, 15:00   #21259
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Ok. Maybe not necessary, but because of battery life, I am looking to exchange my Nexus 5.

Been hearing good things about Z3 compact. Battery life is good as well as well as size.

The battery of Z3 Compact looks phenomenal. Check out Samurai’s post a couple of pages before.

I won’t recommend the iPhone 5S for its battery. I use the 5S as my work phone and it lasts pretty much around the same as my personal phone LG G3. And its not just the battery life; I used to think that 5S is the perfect size for an iPhone, but using it alongside the G3, the phone feels inadequate in every aspect. It’s now used only for office email, calls, and a few work-related apps. If you are considering iOS, go with 6. It may look as a sacrilege for purists, but you will get used to it in a couple of days of usage. And the battery holds much better that the 5S.
Old 10th May 2015, 15:52   #21260
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
The battery of Z3 Compact looks phenomenal. Check out Samurai’s post a couple of pages before.

I won’t recommend the iPhone 5S for its battery.
The eternal question, Z3 compact or iPhone 6.

No 6+, its too large. Hope Samu's post is easy to search.
Old 10th May 2015, 16:43   #21261
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
The battery of Z3 Compact looks phenomenal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
This time the battery lasted me 110 hours before hitting 10% mark,
Apologize for back to back post. My EDIT window time got over.

Went through Samurai's post. My only bone of contention is, does this Z3C update itself over Wi-Fi just like other phones? I do not want updates on PC.
Thanks
Old 10th May 2015, 17:35   #21262
BHPian

Quote:

Any phone you guys would recommend with good battery life [yes, should last one day] and has the experience of Nexus. I am a very satisfied Nexus 5 user save for battery. Moderately used, the phone's battery sees the day. Impressed by Note series batteries.

If you opt for Note series, then it will become a phablet. I've heard that the Iphone 5S doesn't have so good battery backup, a friend is facing problem with it. You can go for the S5 or S6, I can say that the S5 battery will last upto 1 day with 3G on, a friend has been using it since a year. Any battery over 3000mAh will provide you glld battery backup.
These are completely based on my conclusions.

Regards,
Swapnil

Last edited by Swapnil_Alto : 10th May 2015 at 17:37.
Old 10th May 2015, 19:50   #21263
BHPian

Quote:

IMHo, most phones will give you similar battery life and in the end it's upto you to make the most of it.

I have a N5 running catclysm ROM and faux123 kernel along with greenify and no Facebook app.
Conclusion: I don't need to have a charger with moderate use. The phone does not loose battery while sleeping and manages cpu well during awake to last about 18-20 hours

The above is with Wi-fi on and GPS off
Old 11th May 2015, 10:29   #21264
BHPian

Quote:
Apologize for back to back post. My EDIT window time got over.

Went through Samurai's post. My only bone of contention is, does this Z3C update itself over Wi-Fi just like other phones? I do not want updates on PC.
Thanks
Yes you can update wirelessly.
Old 11th May 2015, 10:37   #21265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Android M is expected in the not too distant future. So watch and wait. I hope it does not suffer from OS Bloat.
AFAIK 'M' is more of an automobile application OS or an unified solution for wide range of products rather than an mobile/tab only OS. So it will be king of expansion of Lollipop on other devices like automobile audio-video players, navigation devices etc. And the way current Lollipop disaster is going on out of control for Google, I don't think they are in situation of anything new for mobile/tabs in this year, atleast not expecting any new true OS version release in this year.

Right now they should concentrate on damage control caused after hurried release of half baked Lollipop.

Last edited by tbppjpr : 11th May 2015 at 10:41.
Old 11th May 2015, 11:13   #21266
BHPian

Re: Terrible stock camera app.

I am having tough time with 'Nexus 4' camera app. On hitting the 'click' button nothing happens. I have to reboot the phone for it to work, again. And then after, some time the cycle repeats. It is like a dead 'click' button on the camera app. I am on lollipop 5.1 version.

Is there any solution/work around for this?
Old 11th May 2015, 11:48   #21267
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks
I had to do it over the PC. Didn't have OTA option.
Old 11th May 2015, 15:20   #21268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swapnil_Alto View Post
I would say, go for S6 eyes closed. I saw it's review and in-dept review too. It's has the best camera ever seen on an android till date. If you want the curved screen, only then go for the S6 edge. It's just kind of a funky feature IMO. If I was you, I would have gone for the S6.

Regards,
Swapnil
Swapnil

Saw S6 and curve , got this feeling of emptiness , but by far i guess best samsung till date as per the specifications .

Marauder

Was always away from herd in the past , Acer , nexus , HTC M8

This time I have gone with Iphone 6 Plus , so i guess I am done with Android till next year . There were not many phone options in the bracket I was looking for except for S6 .
Old 11th May 2015, 17:59   #21269
BHPian

Breaking news:
Airtel has launched 4G services in Mysore and Mangalore. Though there hasn't been an official announcement in their website, I am informed that it is a soft launch!
I cannot vouch for Mangalore, but I am uploading this update through 4G from Mysore!
Old 11th May 2015, 18:04   #21270
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Beat View Post

Conclusion: I don't need to have a charger with moderate use. The phone does not loose battery while sleeping and manages cpu well during awake to last about 18-20 hours

The above is with Wi-fi on and GPS off
I tried today without Facebook and location off. The battery life did go up of course, but nothing very significant and defeats the purpose of having a smartphone.

After helping me with my e-mails, normal browsing [searching for something or the other] it should keep me entertained if I am waiting in traffic or in a queue or something like that. Defeats the purpose. IMHO, Note series do fare better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omar View Post
Yes you can update wirelessly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
I had to do it over the PC. Didn't have OTA option.
Most people using a Sony, have said the same.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks