Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2015, 14:49   #21211
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prafful_Rathod View Post
4) The picture quality of main camera (13 MP) is good. Selfie is also ok (not bad)
Thank you for an overall picture of the Xiaomi Note 4G.

Have some specific questions with regards to camera. I am a big time casual photographer. Keep clicking pics of my hyper active kid, anything amusing on streets, a nice sunset, a nice tree, some funny writings. I hope you get the trend.

How good is the camera to capture such stuff ? How is the auto-focus ? Does it capture quickly or do we have to hold the phone steady for a second or two for the auto focus to catch ? I am benchmarking this with my Samsung Galaxy Grand Neo which had 5 MP camera. Although the phone is laggy, the camera is very decent.

Also how is the pixelation and grainyness of the photos ? How are the lowlight or night captures ? Would you be kind enough to post some random pictures that you might have clicked in daylight, lowlight and interior (room) conditions ?

Am sounding like a nagging customer now
Old 28th April 2015, 15:20   #21212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
I've read some contradicting reviews online ranging from 1.5 days to requires to be charged twice a day. As per you, how would you rate the battery life, for moderate use. Thanks in advance.
Both the claims are right, it all depends on your usage pattern.

My usual battery charging cycles for 90% of times are daily morning to morning, so its kind of reliable one day backup. This all is with keeping every Moto feature, sync, location etc turned on. I also use few services like Google Now and Google Fit which constantly keep using various antennas like network, data/WiFi, GPS etc when they are on. Usually I get 3+ hours of screen time during this usage pattern. I feel the battery backup was slightly better with Kitkat which degraded a bit after Lollipop upgrade. Hopefully the upcoming firmware version will be better and bug free.

But at times there maybe some extreme kind of usage conditions when your phone may end up seeing some GPS (maps etc) usage on battery, heavy 3G connectivity related usage, lot of photo/video shooting etc or faces varying network strength through out the day, then it will require second recharge within one single day. But then its applicable for almost all the phones.

I was also skeptical about battery when I bought the phone but it surprised me considering its just a 2300 mAH battery. Now I am a firm believer that specs do not matter when you are buying a Motorola device. Moto 360 smartwatch is another such example which also has got poor specs compared to other smartwatches but its one most anticipated smartwatch all over the world, most of the reviewers also praise it.
Old 28th April 2015, 15:23   #21213
BHPian

Soumyajit9

The main camera captures are good. It takes about a second or so for the auto focus but almost nil time lag between clicks, very fast. The Pixelation is also good. I would not call it excellent, but for casual photography it is good. The lowlight or night captures are not that great, again it depends on what benchmarks you are used to.

I also mainly use it for clicking my kid who is hyperactive and does not give time to settle down. But the good thing is due to the speed of the camera, i usually capture 3 or 4 clicks quickly and keep the best out of it.

Overall the picture quality is good, though i sometimes feel it is not as good as a 13 MP camera should have. Yes it takes about a second or so for the auto focus but it is ok for me, and night picture quality is not the best. But for capturing random stuff i am more than happy.

Last edited by Prafful_Rathod : 28th April 2015 at 15:26.
Old 28th April 2015, 15:52   #21214
D4D
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Folks, query.

How is Xiaomi Note 4G ?

Some bad reviews:
- Camera hangs up the phone. Poor performance of camera.
- Screen turning yellow
- Heating up if mobile data / wifi is ON whole day.
I got one recently(~2 weeks old) and haven't faced any of the issues you have mentioned. It's a little early to judge though.

Coming to positives:
1. Battery life is amazing
2. The phone is too fast for the $$$
3. MIUI works flawlessly, but it's not for everyone's taste
4. Internal storage is enough if you don't play too many heavy games
5. Actually doesn't heat up much
6. Cam is good, but I'm not a guy who uses phone cam a lot.

Negatives:
1. It's big and heavy. The weight really isn't a bother as the phone is big
2. Build quality isn't the best. Glossy plastic back panel, no gorilla glass
3. MIUI is a love it or hate it thing. I've learned to live with it. (Better than any Lumia)

I would recommend you to go to an airtel store and experience the device. Check whether you'll like the MIUI. (It's a copy of the iOS. Else, there are many on Play store launchers now)

Also consider the Yureka as it comes with Cyanogemod which is way better than MIUI IMHO. Try using someone's OPO to experience CM.

Reason I didn't buy Yureka:
1. Didn't get it in a flash sale. Tried twice.
2. Micromax service is suspect. Two friends have had bad experiences.

PM me if you require anymore details.

Quote:
How is the a.s.s ? Where are their offices in Bangalore ? Are they friendly (ease of access, diagnostics) like Samsung ?
There are many as indicated in their list(PDF) on flipkart. PM me if you can't find it.

My friend had an issue with his Mi3 and it was sorted out in the Koramangala Service centre without a fuss. He was happy.

Last edited by D4D : 28th April 2015 at 15:56.
Old 28th April 2015, 17:38   #21215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Folks, query.

How is Xiaomi Note 4G ?
I am seeing mixed reviews on the internet.

Some good reviews:
- Good hardware, good performance
- 2 GB ram is a booster
- Lucrative pricing

Some bad reviews:
- Camera hangs up the phone. Poor performance of camera.
- Screen turning yellow
- Heating up if mobile data / wifi is ON whole day.

How is the a.s.s ? Where are their offices in Bangalore ? Are they friendly (ease of access, diagnostics) like Samsung ?

I own a Galaxy Grand Neo, and wish to upgrade. I am also keeping an eye on Moto G 2nd Gen. Lesser specs than Xiaomi Note, but its an overall tested product with no flaws.
The HW that Xiaomi offers at the price is VFM. I have MI3 since last July and the quality of HW is pretty good. My MI3's display broke because of my FIAT's bonnet banged it while closing it (Yeh I forgot to collect the phone after looking into the engine bay), the phone was working except touch inputs.

Now, the phone was at service center for "2" months since the part was not available. The SC guys said company did not send them the parts for any of the Xiaomi products. This is REAL BAD. After 2.5 months, I finally got the phone back after paying 7200/- for the original screen.

I love my MI3 and its VFM factor but I seriously hope that Xiaomi would be able to sort out spares and service issues. They have to work hard in this dept if they want to become no 1 in India.
Old 30th April 2015, 09:46   #21216
Senior - BHPian

LG G4 is finally launched!

Here's the official product video. Brilliant video! Who knows about the authenticity of the information displayed in the video, but as product demo video, it is outstanding. Recommended to be watched in full screen on a large screen.

LG G4 is not yet announced in India. Its possible that G4 will be priced between the S6 and S6 Edge price range. So 50k+ easily with all that leather back and all.
Old 30th April 2015, 11:00   #21217
BHPian

Hi Guys,

A friend of mine is looking to buy a phone priced around Rs 20-22k. Basically One Plus One is an option but we are trying to figure out other alternatives. Would appreciate suggestions!
Old 30th April 2015, 11:25   #21218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Hi Guys,

A friend of mine is looking to buy a phone priced around Rs 20-22k. Basically One Plus One is an option but we are trying to figure out other alternatives. Would appreciate suggestions!
Not sure about main stream, If he doesn't need 4G and NFC, Xioami Mi 4 64GB is no slouch. You gain FM and IR can use it as Universal remote!
Old 30th April 2015, 11:29   #21219
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Hello Sir,
Your friend can also check out the HTC Desire 826. I've the sane budget and I'll be getting either the HTC Desire 826 or the One plus one. Ruled out all the samsung phones from the list as you can't rely on a Samsung phone after 1.5yrs. The high end samsung phones are reliable though.

Regards,
Swapnil
Old 30th April 2015, 11:30   #21220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
Not sure about main stream, If he doesn't need 4G and NFC, Xioami Mi 4 64GB is no slouch. You gain FM and IR can use it as Universal remote!
Thank you! So Xioami and One Plus One are from the VFM category. Also looking forward to hear some conventional company phones (Samsung/LG/Sony/HTC).
Old 30th April 2015, 11:34   #21221
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
LG G4 is finally launched!
Its possible that G4 will be priced between the S6 and S6 Edge price range. So 50k+ easily with all that leather back and all.
I doubt if it get priced above the regular S6. The phone looks great but feels more like an evolution from the G3 rather than an all-new product (which is not a bad thing).
The leather back looks awesome, especially in brown/tan and black.
Old 30th April 2015, 12:33   #21222
BHPian

Upgraded Galaxy S5 LTE to Lollipop yesterday.
Performance seems to have improved, but I personally prefer the non-white background of Kit Kat.
Need to observe the battery performance with Lollipop for a longer time before jumping to any conclusion.
So far, charge has reduced from 90% at 8 am to 63 % at 12:30 pm with heavy data usage (3G though) and intermittent calls!
Old 30th April 2015, 15:24   #21223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you! So Xioami and One Plus One are from the VFM category. Also looking forward to hear some conventional company phones (Samsung/LG/Sony/HTC).
The HTC Desire 816 and 820 (dual SIM) are excellent in that range. I have seen atleast 20 such phones in my regular dealings (friends, folks in shops etc).
Old 30th April 2015, 21:08   #21224
KRN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
The HTC Desire 816 and 820 (dual SIM) are excellent in that range. I have seen atleast 20 such phones in my regular dealings (friends, folks in shops etc).
Any idea about the battery life on these phones? I have been hearing poor reviews about battery life
Old 1st May 2015, 12:22   #21225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRN View Post
Any idea about the battery life on these phones? I have been hearing poor reviews about battery life
My friends are actually quite happy - doing everything from strava, lots of pics and FB etc in a day. The call quality is good as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks