Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2018, 17:48   #27646
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Been only a couple of days that I installed the update but havent observed any excess battery drain as such.
By any chance are you facing any issue with GPS location whilst using maps, over, ola etc.?
The battery issue kinda fixed itself, I think. After a few restarts, it's back to usual now. About the GPS, haven't faced any issues so far. I've only tried GPS+Mobile data/WiFi; haven't tried GPS by itself.
Old 20th August 2018, 21:12   #27647
BHPian

Looking for a 4 to 4.5 (max and nothing bigger) inch screen good quality android device. Any viable options?
Old 21st August 2018, 15:28   #27648
BHPian

Did anyone check out the update on the Nokia camera app. 247 MB size looks too much. I am yet to update though considering some not very favorable reviews. Maybe i will have to wait for a bug free update of this.
Old 21st August 2018, 18:39   #27649
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
Looking for a 4 to 4.5 (max and nothing bigger) inch screen good quality android device. Any viable options?
Sadly no. The iPhone SE is your only choice here.
Old 21st August 2018, 22:24   #27650
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
Like @Oxy said, iPhone SE is pretty much the only choice. I was / am in the same boat. And got the iPhone SE last year. Happy with most of it, except the lack of direct inter-operatability with other brands, and some things like how messages are deleted ( it is so easy to delete a full conversation instead of single messages).
Old 22nd August 2018, 13:10   #27651
Distinguished - BHPian

Any feedback on the Pie update for Pixel2? I got the message a couple of weeks ago but holding on as I dont want to upgrade if it has some major issues.
Old 22nd August 2018, 23:08   #27652
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Any feedback on the Pie update for Pixel2? I got the message a couple of weeks ago but holding on as I dont want to upgrade if it has some major issues.
Everything fine except if you are using Call Recording apps. Link
Old 23rd August 2018, 09:35   #27653
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralJazz View Post
The battery issue kinda fixed itself, I think. After a few restarts, it's back to usual now. About the GPS, haven't faced any issues so far. I've only tried GPS+Mobile data/WiFi; haven't tried GPS by itself.
Quite often the system in the background updates. This takes a lot of time and juice.
Old 23rd August 2018, 21:49   #27654
BHPian

Xiaomi turning up the heat with the Poco F1, interesting strategy from the Chinese giant, offering latest and best chipset on the market with the F1, emphasizing on processing speed, everything else screams mid range though. Interesting to see how it fares, but with their flash sales model they will come out with a statement 'sold in x seconds'!
Old 23rd August 2018, 22:12   #27655
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atulsian View Post
CM13 is your build? Try formatting the pen drive using android storage setting and also use solid explorer. I've been using this explorer root and w/t root for a long time. It is one of the best file explorer.
Thanks atulsian! Solid explorer did work and I could transfer the files. But then itch to try a new ROM struck again and I have moved to Android Pie now. It's test build for Oneplus X but haven't faced any issues so far. It's a jump of 3 versions for me. Marshmallow to Pie. And the Pie's file explorer has native functionality to move files from phone to USB OTG.
Old 24th August 2018, 11:00   #27656
mxx
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchsvy View Post
Xiaomi turning up the heat with the Poco F1, interesting strategy from the Chinese giant, offering latest and best chipset on the market with the F1, emphasizing on processing speed, everything else screams mid range though. Interesting to see how it fares, but with their flash sales model they will come out with a statement 'sold in x seconds'!
You dont need to buy it online in flsh sales. you can get them from Mi home stores (in cities where it is available) and from Mi preferred partner stores. Even mobile retail chains like sangeetha and poorvika has mi phones, but newer models reach them a bit later.
I hope the poco f1 has better camera. that is one area where xioami phones fall short
Old 24th August 2018, 11:54   #27657
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxx View Post
You dont need to buy it online in flsh sales. you can get them from Mi home stores (in cities where it is available) and from Mi preferred partner stores. Even mobile retail chains like sangeetha and poorvika has mi phones, but newer models reach them a bit later.
I hope the poco f1 has better camera. that is one area where xioami phones fall short
Except Mi stores all the other stores like Sangeeta charge 500 more for Xiaomi mobiles. As far as camera is concerned F1 carries the same main camera is carried from Mi 8, their flagship but the secondary camera, which is only for depth information, is a mere 5MP one which is more in line with midrangers, I believe Mi A2 will outperform Poco F1 in photography. That being said, as per initial review from GSMArena the cameras are good in good lighting conditions, while Engadget terms them as inconsistent. Both mention low light photography is not a forte of F1. Instead of spending money on gimmicky IR blaster and face scanning camera, they should have focussed on providing better main cameras.
Old 24th August 2018, 11:57   #27658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchsvy View Post
As per GSMarena its definitely not midrange in other aspects as well (including camera)

https://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_poco...eview-1808.php
Old 24th August 2018, 12:25   #27659
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen789 View Post
As per GSMarena its definitely not midrange in other aspects as well (including camera)

https://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_poco...eview-1808.php

When compared to their own flagship i.e., Mi 8, Xiaomi compromised on 1. Display (LCD instead of OLED) 2. Build material and quality (IMHO it looks like a midranger, ala Moto G series) 3. Secondary camera on the back.

And when compared to OnePlus's flagship, it further lacks OIS, EIS, and NFC. Xiaomi is taking on OnePlus with Poco series and their compaign on social media clearly indicates that.

Don't get me wrong, I am as excited now as I was when the OnePlus 1 was launched, the specs of Poco F1 are impressive as they are and at the price point it's a steal, apart from low light photography every other con is nitpicking at its best. Just listing out it pros and cons. I have a 3 year old Galaxy S6 with me with display related issues for which Samaung is quoting 12k minimum for replacement, it makes more sense to buy a brand new mobile like F1 rather than getting S6 repaired at that cost. But, S6 is still a terrific phone with a great camera and I use S6 for photography, a lot. So that's the only reason I will not be buying F1 straight away, my Brother-in-law is planning to buy the F1 on launch day, I will assess the camera and then will take a decision.
Old 25th August 2018, 01:08   #27660
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Sadly no. The iPhone SE is your only choice here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Like @Oxy said, iPhone SE is pretty much the only choice..
Thanks guys. So here's goodbye to android. Tried hard to find a quality 4in sample within android world and failed, so jumping fence to other side.
Ordered an SE and should get it by tomorrow. SE appears to be the very last of compact units. I needed a phone that looks like a phone and screen sizes are getting ridiculous these days.

Last edited by WindRide : 25th August 2018 at 01:10.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks