Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2018, 13:21   #27706
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety is Param View Post
One Plus 3T 128 GB, 6 GB

Have been using since March 2017. I always found it the jack of all trades. Such feedback is rare.

The camera may be dishing out dissatisfactory results for the photography buffs, but it's more than sufficient for the average Joe.

The one thing that OP3T wins hands down is Dash Charging. There is simply no competition here.

Performance - awesome! Only slows down a bit when you are at 110GB out of the total 113 GB.

There are a lot of other things positive about One Plus and it's latest phones, however, since the same is easily available online, I won't add to that.

My experience says - unless someone gets an out-of-the-box defective piece, one can never really go wrong with the OP flagship phones.
I dont deny the above. All was good during the initial months of Op6 launch. The camera has more noise and even with 8 Gigs of RAM, the phone hangs after a call has ended. I have more than 110 GB space free. This is purely software issue and I hope OP releases the fix soon.
Old 31st August 2018, 13:31   #27707
BHPian

Quote:
One Plus 3T 128 GB, 6 GB

Have been using since March 2017. I always found it the jack of all trades. Such feedback is rare.

The camera may be dishing out dissatisfactory results for the photography buffs, but it's more than sufficient for the average Joe.

The one thing that OP3T wins hands down is Dash Charging. There is simply no competition here.

Performance - awesome! Only slows down a bit when you are at 110GB out of the total 113 GB.

There are a lot of other things positive about One Plus and it's latest phones, however, since the same is easily available online, I won't add to that.

My experience says - unless someone gets an out-of-the-box defective piece, one can never really go wrong with the OP flagship phones.

Can't agree more. I am using my OP3T 128/6GB since Nov of 2016 and it is still snappy and fast. The oreo upgrade was not quite upto the mark so i had to go back to Nouget. Waiting for Pie. Hopefully it will be better than Oreo.

I am using Google camera port for 3T. I am getting amazing results, with nice portraits. May be you can get that as well. No root needed. Just side load an apk from XDA thread.

Dash charging is insane. I just charge about 30 mins in the morning and i am good to go. Plus the 3400maH battery also helps.

My mother and father in law both bought OP6. I have used it. Other than the bigger screen, it doesn't feel like a proper upgrade over OP3T. May be i will wait for OP6T or OP7.

I haven't rooted or tinkered with the phone at all till now.
Old 31st August 2018, 14:32   #27708
BHPian

Any suggestions for simple and easy to use SMS app? for MOTO G6 (Oreo). Stock messages app was sufficient for me. After recent update it is buggy and troublesome and slow. I liked GoSMS couple of years back but that is no more good, and eats up the RAM like anything.

Started using Truecaller message app today. Seems responsive so far.

Last edited by aadya : 31st August 2018 at 14:41. Reason: additional info.
Old 31st August 2018, 14:45   #27709
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadya View Post
Any suggestions for simple and easy to use SMS app? for MOTO G6 (Oreo). Stock messages app was sufficient for me. After recent update it is buggy and troublesome and slow. I liked GoSMS couple of years back but that is no more good, and eats up the RAM like anything.
Microsoft SMS organiser
Old 31st August 2018, 15:10   #27710
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atnyia View Post
Last time I checked, I could buy S9 128 GB variant for all of 41 K from Samsung Store with Corporate offers (different prices when we register through our corporate email accounts) and HDFC cashbacks. I in fact, placed an order for S9 Plus 128 GB with effective price of 52 K (including the HDFC Cashback).
Those are excellent prices indeed.

I just registered using my corporate email ID but I don't see any difference in the prices. Maybe this extra corporate discount applies only for select corporates.
Old 31st August 2018, 15:22   #27711
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadya View Post
Any suggestions for simple and easy to use SMS app?
Microsoft SMS Organizer.

Will sort your messages in multiple categories, helping you focus effectively.

Has in-built back up functionality.

Integrated reminders for IRCTC, flight tickets, scheduled bank payments, to name a few, based on your SMS history.
Attached Thumbnails
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-1535709141120.jpg  

Last edited by Safety is Param : 31st August 2018 at 15:25.
Old 31st August 2018, 15:25   #27712
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Maybe this extra corporate discount applies only for select corporates.
I see S9 128 GB for 49400 now. So, after cashback, effective price would be 43.5 K.

It was 2K lesser one month back in corporate offers.
Old 31st August 2018, 15:45   #27713
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I see S9 128 GB for 49400 now. So, after cashback, effective price would be 43.5 K.

Is it possible for you to get me one? I am looking to buy a s9 64 gb variant and the best price I have got is nowhere close to that.
Old 31st August 2018, 16:06   #27714
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:

It shows 61,900 for me so with the instant discount and cashback it comes to 49,900. You are somehow getting 6.5k additional discount.
Old 31st August 2018, 16:14   #27715
BHPian

Quote:
Microsoft SMS Organizer.

This has to be the best SMS organizer app. With the amount of spam marketing SMSs, it is very easy to miss important SMS. Not anymore with this app though. I have had good experience with this and built-in reminders have actually saved me a couple of times from defaulting on credit card payments!
Old 31st August 2018, 16:23   #27716
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Microsoft SMS organiser
Quote:
Microsoft SMS Organizer.

Will sort your messages in multiple categories, helping you focus effectively.

Has in-built back up functionality.
How do these SMS organisers actually organise the messages. Is it based on the sender or content ?
Quote:
Integrated reminders for IRCTC, flight tickets, scheduled bank payments, to name a few, based on your SMS history.
Going by this these organisers have access to all the messages including Bank OTPs, passwords etc which is misused can be quite lethal.

PS : I know nothing is private on the web now but will still not give away data like OTPs to any third party app.

Regards,

Pawan
Old 31st August 2018, 16:36   #27717
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBravo View Post
Going by this these organisers have access to all the messages including Bank OTPs, passwords etc which is misused can be quite lethal.
Everyone does this today. Even default app of MiUi reads SMS to highlight the OTPs. SMS Organiser goes a step ahead and reads all bank SMSs to create nifty passbook for each account to show summary of transactions and balance on credit cards.

I have stopped worrying about the privacy thing and accepted that there is no privacy at all. The only way to stay safe then is to be vigilant, use strong passwords, unique to each account and use 2-factor authentication where available.
Old 31st August 2018, 16:45   #27718
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Is it possible for you to get me one? I am looking to buy a s9 64 gb variant and the best price I have got is nowhere close to that.
Yes. Please check your PM.

Oxy- Please check with any of your friends who works at any IT MNC. These prices are accessible to most of them.
Old 31st August 2018, 18:13   #27719
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Oxy- Please check with any of your friends who works at any IT MNC. These prices are accessible to most of them.
I work for an IT MNC myself. Anyhow, I will give you a shout when I need to buy one.
Old 31st August 2018, 19:50   #27720
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksameer1234 View Post
Everyone does this today.
I have stopped worrying about the privacy thing and accepted that there is no privacy at all
Absolutely!

There's a difference in being alert and being paranoid!

The moment a device connects to internet, Privacy becomes a variable factor.

I look at the developers of an application, their overall reputation, before taking a plunge.

Try to buy a paid version wherever it suits my need.

One can install a firewall to keep a tab on what application is sending/receiving data while you are not using it. I used to do it, but no longer use a firewall.

Also, passwords are not handled by SMS Organizer; at least I haven't come across an instance where in my password was SMS'd.

OTP - it says One Time Password. If my transaction is done, I need not worry about that OTP sitting in my sms inbox, and Microsoft reading it.

Since I am aware how much of my privacy resides on my mobile device, I am ready to give some to take some (convenience).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks