Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2020, 13:40   #30181
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Thanks. I placed an ordered and praying it reaches me, haven't had much luck with aliexpress orders this year. 42k for the S20 was after trading in your old phone ? Its currently listed for 44k on reliance digital with S20+ being 50k on flipkart.
I got it real quick from Ali express back in August.
42K was after an instant discount on my citibank CC. That offer no longer in place I see.
poloman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2020, 20:05   #30182
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys,

I have enabled navigation gestures on my S10+. Nova launcher is lagging after few hrs. There is no observable lag on One UI launcher.

Which is the best launcher for using with navigation gestures?
Old 2nd December 2020, 09:29   #30183
BHPian

Samsung may discontinue high-end Galaxy Note smartphones

This Reuters article talks about Samsung discontinuing Note Series.

Quote:
Samsung Electronics Co Ltd may discontinue its premium Galaxy Note phone next year, sources with knowledge of the matter said, a move that would reflect the sharp drop in demand for high-end smartphones due to the coronavirus pandemic.

At present, the South Korean tech giant does not have plans to develop a new version of the Galaxy Note for 2021, three sources said, declining to be identified as the plans were not public.

Instead, the Galaxy S series’ top model, the S21, will have a stylus and the next version of Samsung’s foldable phone will be compatible with a stylus, which will be sold separately, one of the sources said.

A second source said company development efforts that normally would have been directed to the Note would now be channelled into its foldable phone range.
There have been rumours about this for some time that Samsung may kill the note series but this one coming from Reuters does seem to lend some credibility to it.

The other thing being discussed widely is that S21 series would be priced lower as compared to S20 series which did not see that high a sale as was expected. Probably that explains why Samsung has reduced the prices on S20 and S20+ substantially, possibly to sell off all inventory??

Regards,
S
sukhoi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2020, 09:38   #30184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhoi View Post
Samsung may discontinue high-end Galaxy Note smartphones
Makes sense. The S series has expanded and the Fold series is taking the premium end of Samsung’s line. Folding phones are getting cheaper and the “Ultra” S series phones can serve those who want a traditional styled large phone.

Expect a few S series phones to have a stylus in the next gen product.
Old 10th December 2020, 09:58   #30185
BHPian

S9+ green screen flickering

My 14 months old S9+ started to show these green flickering screen issue from yesterday noon. Service Centre says they need pics of IMEI number displayed on screen along with the green screen lines to take it up with Samsung as they have an internal circular to replace screens with this issue till Dec end. Anybody else facing this issue?
Attached Thumbnails
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-s9-plus-screen.jpg  

smrtdvl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2020, 21:19   #30186
BHPian

Hello Folks,

Not entirely sure if this is the right thread to discuss phone case, since the only other thread about case is about high end designer case.

I have a Samsung S8 and have been using Nillkin Defender II case.

The case is excellent and offers brilliant protection for the phone, well, as much as possible with the curved display. The form factor is amazing and is very comfortable to use. It is neither flimsy like the single layer cases nor is it unwieldly like the "Armour" cases. I rate the case 10/10.

Unfortunately, due to excess usage of a phone holder (part of tripod setup) to shoot timelapses has caused the case to crack at the sides. After a week or so, the outer layer near the cracks has broken off, leaving about a cm of screen on either side unprotected.

I have tried all online sites to get a replacement case, to no avail. Amazon, Flipkart, Croma, Tata Cliq, Reliance Digital, etc. No luck. With current Indo-China standoff, AliExpress nor Nillkin Official site ship to India.

Since I plan on using the phone for at least another year or two, I would be indebted to anyone who can help me source this case. Please reply to this post or DM me if you can offer any advice on sourcing the case.

PS:
I have checked out other offerings from Spigen. They are either flimsy (Spigen Rugged Armor Back Cover Case) or too bulky (bumper case).
Attached Thumbnails
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-case.jpg  

Old 12th December 2020, 23:50   #30187
BHPian

Re: S9+ green screen flickering

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
My 14 months old S9+ started to show these green flickering screen issue from yesterday noon. Service Centre says they need pics of IMEI number displayed on screen along with the green screen lines to take it up with Samsung as they have an internal circular to replace screens with this issue till Dec end. Anybody else facing this issue?
My wife's close to 2 year old S9 started having the same problem recently. As it's out of warranty would it qualify for a replacement? Should I check with Samsung service centre?
Old 15th December 2020, 12:43   #30188
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Talk about co-incidences - I came to ask a question regarding a similar issue.

I have a early 2017 S8 that's been running fine all these years except for the last few months when I started getting the same issue right out of the blue! So far I have faced it about 3-4 times - every time the screen flickers (similar to yours) and either goes grey/purple/blank for a day (to several days when it happened for the first time). After a while the screen come back to normalcy. The latest happened yesterday - the screen went blank for the entire day - but the phone was working fine, the notification light was working, I could "get" calls using a headset, etc. The issue magically disappeared today morning.

The first time it happened - I feared it was a water based damage (ironically for a IP67 phone) but it took about a week for the problem to disappear on it's own.

I hope the above context helps you as your phone is in warranty - give it a week's time at max to see if it resolves on it's own in your case too. As a backup, you should have the IMEI number on your purchase receipt; you can still keep on trying via that option, no?

Question back at you - is Samsung doing this for out of warranty phones too? Any additional information you can share?

Last edited by ninjatalli : 15th December 2020 at 12:45.
Old 15th December 2020, 13:32   #30189
BHPian

Samsung service centre has taken my phone in though it's out of warranty. They have raised a request with Samsung. This issue happened to me when my screen brightness was in auto mode. My phone was usable without a screen and even Google assistant was working. This helped to reduce screen brightness to lowest using voice and voila the issue was gone. Took the pics Samsung requested & gave it to them.
Tried increasing brightness to medium level & the issue was back. Waiting for a call from service centre with fingers crossed.
Old 15th December 2020, 15:21   #30190
BHPian

My primary phone is also my work phone and certain settings are controlled by my employer. Ref this (The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread). How do I toggle the "allow 3rd party" setting ? Remove work account, install 3rd party app and reinstall work account is one way to go. Is there an easier way to do this ?
Old 16th December 2020, 10:04   #30191
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Samsung service centre has taken my phone in though it's out of warranty. T
. Waiting for a call from service centre with fingers crossed.
Please do share an update once you have a response from service center. The issue resurfaced again today morning.
Old 16th December 2020, 23:13   #30192
BHPian

Quote:
Had the exact same issue on my S9+ which was just out of warranty. Got the display replaced 3 months back along with a new battery (on my request), total cost 19k.
Old 17th December 2020, 01:46   #30193
BHPian

I have recently bought galaxy s20 plus. One big problem I am struggling with is finding a type C to 3. 5 mm converter or a type C earphone which will work with the phone. Most of the ones I bought from Amazon are not recognized by the phone. Even the hifiman type c earphone from headphonezone had a similar fate.
Would like to hear of others' experiences in this regard.
Old 17th December 2020, 07:13   #30194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
Pre-ordered the Galaxy Note 10 lite with exchange offer from Flipkart a few days back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
I've moved to the Note 10 lite from a OnePlus 5T and while I quite like the experience, my biggest grouse is with the fingerprint scanner.

How's your experience been and are there any workarounds ? Even the face unlock doesn't work as well.
Hi Guys, I am picking a brand New Note 10 lite for Rs 20,000/- from a friend. I was just wondering how has the experience been over the last few months. I have an option to switch to iPhone 11 for Rs 40,000/-

Which is the better bet? OS does to not matter as my usage is limited to Whatsapp and banking apps. I am currently using Nokia 2720 Flip with iPhone 6s plus as backup for whatsapp and other apps.
Old 17th December 2020, 07:25   #30195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
I have recently bought galaxy s20 plus. One big problem I am struggling with is finding a type C to 3. 5 mm converter or a type C earphone which will work with the phone.
Safest bet will be to obtain it from Samsung directly. Product Link. Delivery is pretty fast. Got my Samsung Tab S7 the next day from order.

The cheap offerings from Amazon do not have proper DAC support which is critical for the device to work properly.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks