Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2020, 12:32   #29566
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
I started using the Note 10 lite a couple of weeks ago...
I've moved to the Note 10 lite from a OnePlus 5T and while I quite like the experience, my biggest grouse is with the fingerprint scanner. It is truly horrible which pulls down the whole experience. I was used to the super fast one on the OnePlus and expected the 'in-screen' one to be a little slower, but the one on the Note 10 lite is SUPER slow and unreliable.

How's your experience been and are there any workarounds ? Even the face unlock doesn't work as well.

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 17th February 2020 at 12:34.
Old 17th February 2020, 13:01   #29567
BANNED

Work around? I do not use any biometric screen lock. Wife uses a pattern. But we have a flip cover in place. Of course, security goes for a toss.
Just curious - Why is nobody recommending A70s to the "Op7T vs S10 - but no gaming" queries?
Old 17th February 2020, 13:12   #29568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
I've moved to the Note 10 lite from a OnePlus 5T and while I quite like the experience, my biggest grouse is with the fingerprint scanner. It is truly horrible which pulls down the whole experience. I was used to the super fast one on the OnePlus and expected the 'in-screen' one to be a little slower, but the one on the Note 10 lite is SUPER slow and unreliable.

How's your experience been and are there any workarounds ? Even the face unlock doesn't work as well.
I am using A50 for past 10+ months and my main issue with the phone is fingerprint scanner, see my earlier post regarding the same.

Samsung released an update in between improving the scanner but not at all working. I have stopped using that feature and taught my mind that the feature doesn't exist in my mind .

Somehow I miss my Honor 9i, I used it for close to 1.5 years and bought A50 just because I managed to break the screen of 9i.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
After more than a month of usage below is my feel again compared with the 9i I was using,

- Though the battery is bigger in A50 (4000 mah) than the one on the 9i (3340 mah), it doesn't feel like I am getting anything extra. Somehow it drains battery faster and doesn't last a full day for me. I use it only for calls & Whatsapp and occasional very few YT videos. No gaming, songs.
- Fingerprint scanner is a pain to use, it doesn't just respond on most of occasions and throws out NO MATCH error. The one on the OP 6T is comparatively faster. I miss the rear mounted fingerprint scanner on the 9i, which was a breeze to use.

Samsung could have actually given a better phone for the price. I don't feel like I have got a good upgrade over my 9i.
KK
Old 17th February 2020, 13:18   #29569
BANNED

Quote:

Issue is with the placement of finger print scanner and form factor of the device.

Try register a new finger print while holding your phone on one hand and putting your thumb on the scanner (simulating the scenario of your one hand use of the phone).
Also, if OK, try keeping the scanner logo with always on option.

Please try to understand, OP5 etc. has a physical Finger-Print scanner and are extremely fast. Under screen scanners like the one on Note10 / S10 Lite series had to do with non-direct contact which means, a longer and harder press on the screen. First couple of days would be a learning curve to get used to this new technology.

Note: I am using S10 Lite which has similar form factor and size.

Last edited by PetrolRider : 17th February 2020 at 13:39.
Old 17th February 2020, 14:00   #29570
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I am facing the same issue as well. Especially the face unlock. It is slower than my 4-year-old phone which ran on Marshmellow.

I have gotten used to the fingerprint sensor now. I trained two out of three fingerprint learning options to the same finger. I have enabled the always on display option as well. Helps me to locate the sensor. It still is not as fast as I would like. But at least works reliably now.

Last edited by padmrajravi : 17th February 2020 at 14:02.
Old 17th February 2020, 14:09   #29571
BHPian

Quote:

I have gotten used to the fingerprint sensor now.
Yes, on-screen sensor takes a bit of getting used to. Still miss the Home button sensor of my earlier Galaxy 7 Edge.
Old 17th February 2020, 17:47   #29572
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... I trained two out of three fingerprint learning options to the same finger....
This is a good suggestion, but since they skimped here as well by allowing only 3 fingers to be registered it's still going to be an inconvenience.

Anyway, it's still early days and am loving the phone apart from this. Hope it improves with software updates.
Old 17th February 2020, 18:24   #29573
Distinguished - BHPian

I changed my A70 to a OP7 Pro partly because of the slow processor as well as that dratted fingerprint sensor. Even after multiple updates it never really improved. I exchanged it within 6 months at a loss of 6K, and swore not to upgrade to the Note 10 to punish Samsung.

Samsung really screwed up big time!

Last edited by itwasntme : 17th February 2020 at 18:36.
Old 17th February 2020, 18:40   #29574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
I am using A50 for past 10+ months and my main issue with the phone is fingerprint scanner, see my earlier post regarding the same.
Strange that you are facing fingerprint scanner issue. I bought A50 in August and it was really a problem initially. But since then it has improved and now I am really happy with snappiness of the scanner.
What I have done is almost after every update, I have re-registered fingerprints. Secondly I don't have any screen protector.
Old 18th February 2020, 09:27   #29575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post

I do feel the s10 lite seems best value. I don't have an ICICI credit card, and the exchange system with Flipkart is pretty notorious. Maybe i should order it, and just return the phone if the exchange guy makes a fuss.
Why not try offline stores like Reliance Digital, croma etc. They have better exchange offers IMO.
Old 18th February 2020, 09:51   #29576
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydroFuel View Post
Why not try offline stores like Reliance Digital, croma etc. They have better exchange offers IMO.
Is it? Let the Samsung m31 launch, and i will go do a spot of shopping around in the neighborhood.
Old 18th February 2020, 09:58   #29577
Distinguished - BHPian

Any recommendations for a Warp Charge (30W) compatible cable for my OP7 Pro? Need to buy a spare but confused by the sheer range of choices on Amazon/FK.

The OEM one is pricey to say the least! Need a length of ~3 feet. Here is one which looks good: https://www.amazon.in/Tarkan-Rugged-...ustomerReviews

Last edited by itwasntme : 18th February 2020 at 10:22.
Old 18th February 2020, 17:34   #29578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Any recommendations for a Warp Charge (30W) compatible cable for my OP7 Pro? Need to buy a spare but confused by the sheer range of choices on Amazon/FK.

The OEM one is pricey to say the least! Need a length of ~3 feet. Here is one which looks good: https://www.amazon.in/Tarkan-Rugged-...ustomerReviews
Go for the Amazon basics type-c cable.
I bought one for ₹299 and have been using one for my OnePlus 6 for the past 1 year and it's working completely fine.
Posting the link below:
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B01GGKYKQM/ref=cm_sw_r_wa_apa_i_ok9sEbXESRVNZ
Old 19th February 2020, 12:24   #29579
BHPian

Has any one got Samsung s10 lite?
Need some review from you guys. I don't believe in online reviews.

S10 lite vs one plus 7t !! I am confused.
Old 19th February 2020, 14:17   #29580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Any recommendations for a Warp Charge (30W) compatible cable for my OP7 Pro?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jigar View Post
Go for the Amazon basics type-c cable.
I don't think you will get that full WARP charge capability on any of those Amazon/FK cables. I believe, to get the same output of charging, you need to use Oneplus OEM car charger too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks