Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2012, 17:40   #406
BHPian

Re: Samsung "bada" OS thread - Tips, Tricks and Hacks

^
Yes, I was able to upgrade without any hassles
Bada 2.0 has been released for wave-1 as well. Did you run the whole process? I ask this because, first kies downloads some stuffs and then asks you to disconnect the cable and then reconnect again as it restarts. Only after this bada 2.0 installation/upgradation in your phone starts! I hope I didn confuse you more It took me about 40 minutes to complete the upgrade on a 2mbps connection. Try again and see.

Samsung "bada" OS thread - Tips, Tricks and Hacks-20120409170411.jpg Samsung "bada" OS thread - Tips, Tricks and Hacks-20120409170457.jpg

Last edited by vaibzi : 9th April 2012 at 17:42.
Old 9th April 2012, 18:47   #407
BHPian

That's odd. Generally when there is a firmware upgrade via kies, it first says that there is a new version of kies- would you like to download. Only after that, it re-starts kies and then informs you about the firmware upgrade if there is one.
The above procedure is what I followed but, at no point did I get the message to disconnect and re-connect.
I was able to upgrade the firmware but, it's still on version1.2.
Guess have to try it again. By the way please share your experience about bada 2.0 over 1.2.
Cheers
Old 10th April 2012, 11:56   #408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pareshraheja View Post
That's odd. Generally when there is a firmware upgrade via kies, it first says that there is a new version of kies- would you like to download. Only after that, it re-starts kies and then informs you about the firmware upgrade if there is one.
The above procedure is what I followed but, at no point did I get the message to disconnect and re-connect.
I was able to upgrade the firmware but, it's still on version1.2.
Guess have to try it again. By the way please share your experience about bada 2.0 over 1.2.
Cheers
Hey,

Nice to see another Wave1 user here.

I too have Wave1 and trying for Bada2.0 release. Please let me know if you find Bada2.0 release for Wave1.

Lot of apps i am trying to download say that they are not compatible with 1.2 :(
Old 10th April 2012, 18:40   #409
BHPian

Quote:
That's odd. Generally when there is a firmware upgrade via kies, it first says that there is a new version of kies- would you like to download.
Yup, but somewhere during the process, it should ask you to disconnect and reconnect!! Atleast this was the case for wave 2.
Quote:
By the way please share your experience about bada 2.0 over 1.2.
I ll try to put it up by this weekend as I have my exams going on :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pallavi View Post
Please let me know if you find Bada2.0 release for Wave1.
Bada 2.0 is available for upgrade for wave 1 via kies.
Old 11th April 2012, 11:48   #410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibzi View Post
Bada 2.0 is available for upgrade for wave 1 via kies.
Hey,

Thanks for the update. It wasnt there the last time i checked.

Off topic: why is the thanks button missing?

Note from Support - See this (The "Thank You" Feature of Team-BHP).

Last edited by n_aditya : 11th April 2012 at 12:54. Reason: Thanks button has been removed from the Shifting Gears section.
Old 11th April 2012, 12:01   #411
BHPian

I did realize that too. The thanks button is missing. Mod's, is it on purpose or is it a technical glitch?

As Pallavi mentioned, while trying to check for Bada 2.0 on wave 1, it wasn't there.

@Vaibzi- Do you know any Wave1 user who has successfully installed Bada 2.0 via kies or is it your guess?

@Pallavi - The wave 1 is being used by dad and I am using the Galaxy S. Phew.. the lag in the wave as compared to Android is non-existent but, so are the apps.

Struggling to find apps like whatsapp and talking tom for the wave. Also, something I realized which also zapped me was that the GPRS or 3G (both tried), seem to run much faster on the Galaxy S than on Wave.

May not be long before dad asks me to swap phones and then forget about it.

Cheers
Old 11th April 2012, 13:15   #412
BHPian

Galaxy S is a great phone. If someone would swap Galaxy S with my Wave, i would do it in a heartbeat.

And yes, no swapping back
Old 11th April 2012, 13:31   #413
BANNED

I own a Wave 533. The current bada version is 1.1 in my phone. Is it possible to upgrade 2.0?

I read it somewhere that models 525 and 533 will not see upgrades to 2.0.
Old 11th April 2012, 14:09   #414
BHPian

Quote:
@Vaibzi- Do you know any Wave1 user who has successfully installed Bada 2.0 via kies or is it your guess?
As a matter of fact, I do know. Just yesterday my friend who has a wave 1, updated successfully. I even asked him again now (see below picture, his is wave 1, trust me!)

Samsung "bada" OS thread - Tips, Tricks and Hacks-20120411135638.jpg

Pardon the local language

If you still have doubts, check badaforums.net. Not sure if I can post links of other forums here?
btw, I don't do guess work.
Cheers.

Quote:
Thanks for the update. It wasnt there the last time i checked.
It is available. Please check!! Run kies, it should say update available. First kies updates kies itself and then your phone.

Last edited by vaibzi : 11th April 2012 at 14:11.
Old 11th April 2012, 14:11   #415
BHPian

Quote:
If someone would swap Galaxy S with my Wave, i would do it in a heartbeat.
I am sure anyone will do that in a heartbeat but, what happens to the people (read as - me) whose heartbeat will stop if they to give away their Galaxy S

@ottcycle- Buddy, I suppose the Bada 2.0 has to first trickle down to Wave 1 from wave 2 and only then can you expect it to trickle further (if Samsung wishes) to Wave 533 & 525

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibzi View Post
As a matter of fact, I do know. Just yesterday my friend who has a wave 1, updated successfully. I even asked him again now (see below picture, his is wave 1, trust me!)
Thats great news. This means I get to keep my Galaxy S.

Dad is back tomorrow so, will try and check again on Friday for the update. Is your friend from Blr too? If so, probably I can take his help if, Kies decides not to show an update the next time I try.

Cheers

Last edited by pareshraheja : 11th April 2012 at 14:19. Reason: Another user posted some important points while I was typing my reply
Old 13th April 2012, 10:09   #416
BHPian

Finally, was able to upgrade the firmware from Bada 1.2 to 2.0. It required some effort and lots of patience.

As discussed earlier, the process takes a minimum of 40 mins upto an hour. Did get a couple of errors midway like not able to contact remote server to certain files not found to initialization failed.

But, on the 4th attempt everything went butter-smooth and wola.. When the phone re-started, the interface looked like a silky version of the Android.

@ Pallavi - Try plugging in the phone to Kies over the weekend and I am sure it will oblige you with the update. Just be patient.

Cheers
Old 13th April 2012, 15:22   #417
BHPian

Guys, how do you remove extra screens in Bada 2 ?
Earlier we would just tap the edit button on the top right and turn the phone horizontal for the Add / Remove screen option to come.
Old 13th April 2012, 16:08   #418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by toiingg View Post
Guys, how do you remove extra screens in Bada 2 ?
Earlier we would just tap the edit button on the top right and turn the phone horizontal for the Add / Remove screen option to come.
Hold two figures diagonally on screen like pinch zoom, but instead of pinch zooming pinch it inwards you will get extra screens in small icon format just delete it
Old 13th April 2012, 16:24   #419
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocycle View Post
I own a Wave 533. The current bada version is 1.1 in my phone. Is it possible to upgrade 2.0?

I read it somewhere that models 525 and 533 will not see upgrades to 2.0.
Wave 525, 533, 723 have lower capacity hardware. Samsung might take some time to give updates which can actually "work" on these phones.

By the way, why don't you try Wave M and Wave Y with lots of smartphone features yet easy on pocket.
Old 13th April 2012, 16:38   #420
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
Wave 525, 533, 723 have lower capacity hardware. Samsung might take some time to give updates which can actually "work" on these phones.

By the way, why don't you try Wave M and Wave Y with lots of smartphone features yet easy on pocket.
Read on badahub that Bada 1.1 firmware has some value pack has been released for 533. The firmware update has arrived only for Poland. Do not know when it's coming to India. Looks like bada 2.0 will not be available to 533.

Only buying wave M and Y, I am not thinking of changing my phone at present, since I bought it just a year back. Will have to stick with the old guy for some more time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks