Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2010, 11:57   #2356
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
Thanks ashthedivx,

each time i connect the phone to the PC and open the BB Desktop Manager, It does not show the complete list under application loader and under browse tab does not acecpt to add the theme from the desktop into the phone.

How do i download BB worldApps into the phone , says my 8900 curve does not meet the requirements.
I believe you are following standard procedure to add on themes. PS: Go through the pictorial and see if you are missing some step - How to download and install Themes on your BlackBerry – Simple Help

You must be on a OS < 5.0, Which OS are you on ?? Go to Options > About to check. In case you aren't on > 5.0 Ver. then you need to upgrade your OS.
Old 30th June 2010, 13:27   #2357
BHPian

Internet in BB 8100 withOUT BIS or BES

Dear BB Users,
I hold BB 8100 (Pearl) with Airtel Chennai.

Have any one sucuessfully used internet (through GPRS) without having BIS/BES.
Need to use internet only on emergency. As BIS/BES costs more, i do not want to go with it and more over i do not need that services on regular basis. So spending huge amount on that is useless.

Please provide a step by step procedure on how to do. I have gone through Krsh77's step. But i am stuck, so any one who have done this before please help

Thanks
Old 30th June 2010, 13:38   #2358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
I believe you are following standard procedure to add on themes. PS: Go through the pictorial and see if you are missing some step - How to download and install Themes on your BlackBerry – Simple Help

You must be on a OS < 5.0, Which OS are you on ?? Go to Options > About to check. In case you aren't on > 5.0 Ver. then you need to upgrade your OS.
Is there a link to upgrade O.S. to 5.0 i am on version 4.6.1.250
Old 30th June 2010, 19:09   #2359
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by better4worse View Post
At colormii, did you manage to see a BB with sunburst cover finish, just as you have on the guitars ?

- B4W
nope, didnt see anything like that.
Old 1st July 2010, 11:51   #2360
BHPian

Does any one have a list of BlackBerry Authorised Service Centers in Bangalore, contact and email id.

I have been trying to find one but no luck. Even BlackBerry web site does not have any information.

Thanks.
Old 1st July 2010, 16:36   #2361
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicselva View Post
Dear BB Users,
I hold BB 8100 (Pearl) with Airtel Chennai.

Have any one sucuessfully used internet (through GPRS) without having BIS/BES.
Need to use internet only on emergency. As BIS/BES costs more, i do not want to go with it and more over i do not need that services on regular basis. So spending huge amount on that is useless.

Please provide a step by step procedure on how to do. I have gone through Krsh77's step. But i am stuck, so any one who have done this before please help

Thanks
Well, I am the one.. I have been using Internet Services on BB8900 from the last 6 months and purely satisfied with mine experience.

Quote:
Is there a link to upgrade O.S. to 5.0 i am on version 4.6.1.250
If you are on BIS it will be an easy task for you else it will be a tricky one

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...ml#post1842072

You need to download and install according to the instructions provided. And yes, Do not forget to delete vendor.xml file from the folder C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader before installation.

Quote:
Does any one have a list of BlackBerry Authorised Service Centers in Bangalore, contact and email id.

I have been trying to find one but no luck. Even BlackBerry web site does not have any information.

Thanks.
You need to contact your distri-authorised service center. i.e. Redignton in most of the cases.
Old 1st July 2010, 17:50   #2362
BHPian

[quote=ashthedivx;1962442]Well, I am the one.. I have been using Internet Services on BB8900 from the last 6 months and purely satisfied with mine experience.
quote]

ashthedivx
Can you please share the steps on how to use the same. Thank you
Old 1st July 2010, 23:55   #2363
BHPian

Quote:

If you are on BIS it will be an easy task for you else it will be a tricky one

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...ml#post1842072

You need to download and install according to the instructions provided. And yes, Do not forget to delete vendor.xml file from the folder C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader before installation.

You need to contact your distri-authorised service center. i.e. Redignton in most of the cases.
Thanks for the tip, tried the link on page 142 but the downoad file has been removed

Got another source??
Old 2nd July 2010, 09:16   #2364
Senior - BHPian

Now begins the fun.

899 has been deducted and Airtel keeps harping that the service is 'active' and all that the BB tech support can do is to ask me to reboot the handset. Im giving up and asking for a refund though Im not sure how it will work.

Now talking to a friend he says that this is very common on Airtel prepaid, lots of folks with issues of non activation even after weeks,,, and in his case they have not deducted 899 for about 3 months now!!!
Old 2nd July 2010, 10:29   #2365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the tip, tried the link on page 142 but the downoad file has been removed

Got another source??
8900M_PBr5.0.0_rel1027_PL5.2.0.58_A5.0.0.610.exe - Free File Download

[quote=classicselva;1962565]
Quote:
Well, I am the one.. I have been using Internet Services on BB8900 from the last 6 months and purely satisfied with mine experience.
quote]

ashthedivx
Can you please share the steps on how to use the same. Thank you
You've got a PM
Old 3rd July 2010, 11:27   #2366
BHPian

hey guys i have a blackberry bold 9000 which i plan to use around hyderabad, i got in the US, i was wondering how were the data services from airtel or vodafone are they any good ?
Old 3rd July 2010, 12:04   #2367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhiram7912 View Post
hey guys i have a blackberry bold 9000 which i plan to use around hyderabad, i got in the US, i was wondering how were the data services from airtel or vodafone are they any good ?
I've used Airtel and Tata Indicom. Airtel is miles ahead in BB service. Even vodafone has some billing issues, like they charge for the data and then they discount it, leading to unnecessary disconnections, credit limit exceeding, etc. But not everyone is facing it, as for me I wouldn't suggest Vodafone.
Old 3rd July 2010, 14:12   #2368
BHPian

Really strange, I downloaded the O.S. 5 and as suggested went through the steps in order to install the OS into teh device but still it says I have 4.6 OS and not the 5.0 version.

Is there a way to do the update OTA??? I also installed the Desktop Manager 5.0 but no help.
Old 3rd July 2010, 18:58   #2369
Distinguished - BHPian

Where in Mumbai is the 9700 in white available? Price?
Old 3rd July 2010, 19:11   #2370
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Really strange, I downloaded the O.S. 5 and as suggested went through the steps in order to install the OS into teh device but still it says I have 4.6 OS and not the 5.0 version.

Is there a way to do the update OTA??? I also installed the Desktop Manager 5.0 but no help.
You are not on BIS plan, right ??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks