Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2012, 22:54   #631
BHPian

Re: The Quintessential Tablet PC Thread (Android, Apple, BB et al)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
How good is it with respect to following all the rules like FCC? Like radiation and stuff.

thanks
Sorry buddy, dont have much info on it. Since its not even 3G sim enabled, I am assuming it aint as bad as my defy.
Old 28th July 2012, 17:02   #632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbullram View Post
Just got my Ainol AURORA, fantastic tablet with IPS screen and gorilla glass. For 8K its perfect VFM. Also bought keyboard + cover for 600rs and works like a charm. If anyone is looking less expensive but performance packed tablet, will recommend Ainol AURORA.

Ensure you shift Feiyu rom once you get it and you are done.
From where did you ordered it for 8K ?

In ebay i have not encountered price less than Rs 8999/-

Last edited by driving_smartly : 28th July 2012 at 17:05.
Old 28th July 2012, 19:59   #633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
From where did you ordered it for 8K ?

In ebay i have not encountered price less than Rs 8999/-
8999 , add 10% off ICICI credit card coupon, you get it for around 8100 rs.
Old 28th July 2012, 21:16   #634
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just got my Ainol AURORA, fantastic tablet with IPS screen and gorilla glass. For 8K its perfect VFM. Also bought keyboard + cover for 600rs and works like a charm. If anyone is looking less expensive but performance packed tablet, will recommend Ainol AURORA.

Ensure you shift Feiyu rom once you get it and you are done.
Where did you buy from and with what coupon/ 8k sounds brilliant man! Definitely more VFM than the funbook eh/// do let us know your thought process!!? What else is better excxept screen and gorilla glass?

Post a review in a week's time

@chevelle; you shouldnt bother about radiation of tablets. With phones it matters since you keep it to your ears for hours. Nothing like that for tablets!!
Old 28th July 2012, 22:08   #635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Where did you buy from and with what coupon/ 8k sounds brilliant man! Definitely more VFM than the funbook eh/// do let us know your thought process!!? What else is better excxept screen and gorilla glass?

Post a review in a week's time
ICICI offer: Ebay Offer

eBay seller - Pearl Agencies (had excellent experience): Ainol AURORA IPS 8GB, 1GB DDR3,5pt Multi Touch HDMI out, Android 4.0 ICS | eBay

Whats better in this price point:
LG IPS screen with Gorilla glass has amazing clarity and viewing angle, almost as good as my iPad - This feature itself is worth the money as my 19 months old has thrown it enough times for me to say its as good as my Defy
1 GB DDR3 RAM
Good build quality
Quality english ROMs to play with
Plays almost all video, even videos that my HiMedia shutters
2 MP Camera

What sucks:
WEP Wifi does not connect, trying to find a way out
USB Keyboard works on and off
Read my 1 TB USB hard drive on and off

I am playing with more firmwares, will keep you guys posted.
Old 28th July 2012, 23:24   #636
PPS
Senior - BHPian

My dad just bought a Domo Slate N9 se for 6k. Haven't used it much but does seem like a vfm product, just that it hasn't been marketed much! I've tried to connect my Reliance Netconnect usb dongle to it but it doesn't seem to work, anybody else using this device?
Old 29th July 2012, 15:10   #637
BHPian

HomeShop18 selling the Google Nexus 7 tablet for Rs 15,884 - Tech News - IBNLive
Old 29th July 2012, 21:11   #638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar
Gents,

Sincerely Need your advice. I have decided to be tablet ted and being a big fan of Open source, i am going for a Android tablet. My criterion is

1 ) a reader
2 ) 10 Inch screen .I like Big screens .
3 ) HDMI output
4 ) GPS Enabled.

and above all Must be 3 G . I am not sure but this tablet has a bluetooth as well , so ideally i should be able to make and receive calls as well . Not sure pls correct me if i am wrong as i have seen my friend making calls from a samsung tablet .

Keeping above in view , I Selected Motorola XOOM MZ601 . I am getting a New Unlocked One for Some 390 USD ( 22k INR ) . Just need members feedback On same and if i have better and cheap options available in US. I still have 15 days to go, so can wait . Looking for possible pro and cons from those who are using tablets .

Surprisingly i am unable to see this tablet listed on motorola US website. i hope they has not discontinued it .

Below is Link
http://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_xoom_mz601-3834.php
I have been using this from the last year.

It's an excellent tab and runs most stuff without complaints

But

1) For the MZ 601 , none of the Indian sims will work for phone calls, tried using a BSNL 3G sim some how couldn't configure Internet.. It seems to be locked to only US carriers.
2) No support on software updates. Still running android honeycomb 3.2 whereas the counterpart Xoom wifis have been upgraded to Jellybean! You still have some option of good custom ROMs

My advice would be for similar budget iPad 2 3G+wifi a better bet. If you are really concerned about 3G and not inclined towards apple go for the Samsung ones. Their support is better. If you can compromise on call facility in a tab (are you really going to make calls from a 10" device for prolonged time?)The best buy now would be a nexus 16gb tab. Worth the price.

Last edited by redrage : 29th July 2012 at 21:13.
Old 29th July 2012, 21:18   #639
BHPian

Home shop 18 offering mouthwatering deal on the new iPad 16gb 3G+wifi @ 32k approx. elsewhere it's close to 37-38k
Grab it now
http://superdeals.homeshop18.com/sam...ple-superdeal/
Old 31st July 2012, 14:32   #640
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
8999 , add 10% off ICICI credit card coupon, you get it for around 8100 rs.
Hey,

Thats a nice Tablet you got there. I saw some reviews on youtube and came to know that it doesnt come with Android Market? Is that true? Also did you get a chance to test Skype on this? does it work well? The reason i ask this is, we are looking for a 7" tablet for my wife as her office is moving from BB to Android / iOS and SKYPE is their primary communication tool. I dont want to spend a lot on Samsung or Ipad for just be able to use SKYPE on the go

A more review & some pics would be appreciated.

PS. Posted my Blackberry Playbook 16GB for sale in Classifieds section. Anyone interested please have a look there.

Thanks.
Old 31st July 2012, 15:09   #641
Senior - BHPian

Micromax has launched a 10" version of the Funbook called Funbook Pro. It even comes with double the battery size and RAM. Processor remains same.
Its on sale for 9,999 on snapdeal.

Micromax Funbook Pro (Slate Grey) - Buy Tablet PC Online @ Lowest Prices on Snapdeal.com
Old 31st July 2012, 15:17   #642
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrage View Post
1) For the MZ 601 , none of the Indian sims will work for phone calls, tried using a BSNL 3G sim some how couldn't configure Internet.. It seems to be locked to only US carriers.
2) No support on software updates. Still running android honeycomb 3.2 whereas the counterpart Xoom wifis have been upgraded to Jellybean! You still have some option of good custom ROMs

My advice would be for similar budget iPad 2 3G+wifi a better bet. If you are really concerned about 3G and not inclined towards apple go for the Samsung ones. Their support is better. If you can compromise on call facility in a tab (are you really going to make calls from a 10" device for prolonged time?)The best buy now would be a nexus 16gb tab. Worth the price.
Thanks rad rage. I understand your concern about 3 G . it must be so because you has a Locked device. the Tab i am keen to buy is a Unlocked device So should work in India as well. has even talked to seller about it and he has confirmed the same. I am on a Max stretchable budget of 21-22 K . Ipad 2 is way off my budget and than i am not a apple fan boy to go for it with closed eyes.

Below is the deal on ebay . just for your further opinion . Most probably i will never use tab for voice calls but Using internet is high on my list. so 3 G is must. As i love to download I need at least 32 GB in build memory with a option to add another 32 GB .

Motorola XOOM MZ601 32GB, Wi-Fi AT&T 3G 10.1in Black UNLOCKED 6947681507876 | eBay

Has checked few Samsung ones in ebay . they are pricey for what they offer.

Last edited by .sushilkumar : 31st July 2012 at 15:19.
Old 31st July 2012, 15:52   #643
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Hey,

Thats a nice Tablet you got there. I saw some reviews on Youtube and came to know that it doesnt come with Android Market? Is that true? Also did you get a chance to test Skype on this? does it work well? The reason i ask this is, we are looking for a 7" tablet for my wife as her office is moving from BB to Android / iOS and SKYPE is their primary communication tool. I dont want to spend a lot on Samsung or Ipad for just be able to use SKYPE on the go

A more review & some pics would be appreciated.

PS. Posted my Blackberry Playbook 16GB for sale in Classifieds section. Anyone interested please have a look there.

Thanks.
Official ROM and all other ROMs, Feiyu, CM9 etc comes with Android market. I heard Skype is working but I dont use Skype. Will try to install this weekend and let you know. Since my wife uses it mostly, I hardly get hold of it.
Old 31st July 2012, 17:11   #644
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
Thanks rad rage. I understand your concern about 3 G . it must be so because you has a Locked device. the Tab i am keen to buy is a Unlocked device So should work in India as well. has even talked to seller about it and he has confirmed the same. I am on a Max stretchable budget of 21-22 K . Ipad 2 is way off my budget and than i am not a apple fan boy to go for it with closed eyes.

Below is the deal on ebay . just for your further opinion . Most probably i will never use tab for voice calls but Using internet is high on my list. so 3 G is must. As i love to download I need at least 32 GB in build memory with a option to add another 32 GB .

Motorola XOOM MZ601 32GB, Wi-Fi AT&T 3G 10.1in Black UNLOCKED 6947681507876 | eBay

Has checked few Samsung ones in ebay . they are pricey for what they offer.
I request you to recheck in the XDA forums whether a carrier locked MZ 601 can be unlocked?

I too was not interested in apple at first but comparing an Ipad and the Xoom side by side i would say the quality of apps and all other experiences the apple is light years ahead. The games are so involving unlike the apps on the Xoom. Some T-Bhp memberes picked up the ipad 2 for around 22k recently on ebay deals .Do Check.
Old 31st July 2012, 18:41   #645

Looks like Tablet prices are moving southwards atleast budget chinese ones,

Veedee is now selling at 5990/- on ebay, expecting the Funbook to follow suit, this inspite of the fall in Rupee

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks