Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2012, 14:21   #391
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Quintessential Tablet PC Thread (Android, Apple, BB et al)

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
Can anyone advice on OlivePad VT200 - one of the cheapest tablet at around Rs.3500. I was planning to buy one for my dad for internet browsing. Has anyone had a chance to use this devices and what is the performance and reliability considering it to be a basic device for internet surfing. I would be using the WiFi for browsing hence would not need any other connection.
So the question is if this is worth trying out at all?

For the specs check out their link - Olive Pad V-TR200, Tablet PC India, Tablet PC, Android Tablet, Best, 3G
Specifications-
Processor1.0 GhzDimensions192mm×122mm×13mmOSAndroid 2.3 (Gingerbread)Screen Size7" Resistive TouchScreen Resolution480x800, 16:9Camera0.3 MP (Front) - OptionalConnectivityWi-Fi, USB, 3.5mm earphone JackMemory2GB Flash+256 (RAM)Battery3700 mAhSD Card SupportUpto 32 GBMultimediaMP3, MP4 supportedSalient FeaturesFlash 10.3 support, G-Sensor, Android Market Place, Social Networking

Yeah yeah, it works.
but theres a slightly higher priced one, with capacitive.
do try and get that, resistive will be useless in most android apps.
Old 3rd April 2012, 15:38   #392
Senior - BHPian

Micromax unveils Funbook ICS tablet for Rs 6,499

Seems the tablet war is reaching next level. Micromax launched a ICS tablet today @ INR 6499/-.

The specs for the same are :

Key Specifications
Android 4.0
7-inch display with 800x480p resolution
Wi-Fi, Bluetooth
512MB RAM
Mini-HDMI
2800 mAh battery
1.2GHz Cortex-A8 single core processor

More on it :

Micromax Funbook | Micromax Tablet |Android 4.0 Tablet|Android Tablet India, Best Android Tablet in India

Micromax unveils Funbook ICS tablet for Rs 6,499 - NDTVGadgets.com
Old 3rd April 2012, 17:02   #393
BHPian

Re: Micromax unveils Funbook ICS tablet for Rs 6,499

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Seems the tablet war is reaching next level. Micromax launched a ICS tablet today @ INR 6499/-.
crappy specs with poor resolution. The olive one mentioned a few posts above has much better resolution.
Old 4th April 2012, 11:49   #394
BHPian

Need some help guys

I am in the market for a tablet. I have resisted buying a tablet all these days coz i had a pretty decent big screen touch phone (HTC Desire) and also an Ipod touch (For music and the neat integration with the car music player).

I am all lost looking at the options i have and cant decide on one.

Here are my requirements :

1. I use it primarily for browsing. So, I need a big screen tablet with a good resolution. A 9+ inch one.

2. I need the 3G option. So, all those wi-fi only tablets go out of the list.

3. I need a card reader slot. USB/HDMI option would be even better.

4. I don't care about how the graphics processor is, I don't use it for any graphics intensive games. I have a PC for that. So, if some basic games work, I would be more than happy. The main processor too need not be quad core. Like i said, I use it mainly for browsing. My phone has a 1 gig processor and i find it more than adequate for my usage. Storage is not a concern. Camera quality is also immaterial.

I had narrowed it down to 4 options.

The ipad 3 / Asus transformer prime / Galaxy tab 10.1 and the kindle fire.

There is a lot of difference between want and need. I for one do not need an Ipad 3 for my primary use. But, I do want one. Whether spending all that money on it when i won't be using even 25% of what it has to offer is what is putting me off. (No gaming / Camera / Movies for me. I prefer a laptop for it. ) . I am no iOS fan, I love the Android better. More flexibility and I like it.

If i decided to go bonkers on my spending, I would rather have put money on the Asus Transformer prime. It has everything going for it and me. Android / Big screen / That lovely Keyboard Dock / Micro SD card reader / USB on the keyboard / Looks the best among all of them too and bonus would be the bonkers quad core processor if ever i need it . However, they don't have 3G. How on earth could they miss that is beyond me.

The galaxy tab. It has everything that the Ipad has and a bit more. Card reader and Android are 2 major things. But, Ipad thumps it in screen quality. Since i would be using it majorly for browsing and since I would be spending almost the same amount as the Ipad 3, I don't know if it makes sense to buy this over the Ipad 3. Again, the question of want and need haunts me.

Kindle fire screen size was a put off. But, the price is too tempting.

If only Transformer Prime came with 3G, this post would not have been here. The transformer Infinity is in the pipeline which would have 3g. But, I don't know when that is coming out.

Any other options that i should consider ? Any help to end my confusion is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 4th April 2012, 12:11   #395
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimified View Post
Need some help guys

I am in the market for a tablet. I have resisted buying a tablet all these days coz i had a pretty decent big screen touch phone (HTC Desire) and also an --------------SNIP----------------------------------------------G, this post would not have been here. The transformer Infinity is in the pipeline which would have 3g. But, I don't know when that is coming out.

Any other options that i should consider ? Any help to end my confusion is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
You could add the Sony tablet s.
Got one just last page, and it seems to tick all the above boxes, plus its got your SD slot, and you can connect external USB storage.
3G works fabulously.
Old 4th April 2012, 12:13   #396
BHPian

Quote:

Motorola zoom? ipad 2?

Check out the acer lineup. they are pretty good .
Old 4th April 2012, 13:29   #397
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Need some help guys

I am in the market for a tablet. I have resisted buying a tablet all these days coz i had a pretty decent big screen touch phone (HTC Desire) and also an Ipod touch (For music and the neat integration with the car music player).
Since you already have a smartphone, you can get a WiFi tablet.

Tablet can access 3G via your smartphone. This way you will not have to spend on two SIMs every month.
Old 4th April 2012, 13:37   #398
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post

Tablet can access 3G via your smartphone. This way you will not have to spend on two SIMs every month.
true.
But i tried this.
and tethering just kills the phone battery.
anytime i have used my phones 3g over wifi, I had to keep the phone on charge constantly.
but hey, maybe thats just my phone....
Old 4th April 2012, 13:53   #399
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
anytime i have used my phones 3g over wifi, I had to keep the phone on charge constantly.
You can connect the phone to Tablet via USB so it drinks juice from Tablet's battery

Yaa battery is definitely an issue, specifically on Android phones. My Nokia N82 can tether easily but it does only ad-hoc connection :( so Android tablets have to be rooted.

This works if Tablet is going to be used in car and phone is connected to car charger for phone.
Old 4th April 2012, 14:40   #400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk

Got one just last page, and it seems to tick all the above boxes, plus its got your SD slot, and you can connect external USB storage.
3G works fabulously.
Hmm. Checked this out. Looks really promising. Thanks for the suggestion. But, what was the reason for you choosing this over the galaxy tab?

And, its running HC right? No ICS update in the pipeline?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluengel180

Motorola zoom? ipad 2?

Check out the acer lineup. they are pretty good .
Ipad 2 . Its around 5k cheaper than the new ipad. I would rather buy a new ipad for all the other extras I get. But, concern is that it doesn't have the mem slot and its running Ios . I prefer androids. Its not a closed system like that apple

I haven't checked the zoom and Acer out. Will do now. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay

I used to browse on my iPod touch this way when I had the e71. But, it drains battery big time.

One of the reasons I am going for a tablet is to use it for browsing and save some battery on my phone. Even after having a rooted phone and running all the battery Optimizers, I hardly manage to get one full day out of my phone :( tether would blow it off. I am planning to have only a 2g connection on the phone for mails and other simple browsing. 98 rupee plan. Will have a 3g connection for the tablet.
Old 4th April 2012, 17:35   #401
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimified

Hmm. Checked this out. Looks really promising. Thanks for the suggestion. But, what was the reason for you choosing this over the galaxy tab?

And, its running HC right? No ICS update in the pipeline?
One,im a sony fanboy,
Two,its looks much better than the humdrum symmetry of everything else in the market.

Its running hc,yes,but ics has already been announced,should be here by late april.If not, then xda zindabad.

Do go and hold one side by side with another tab, youll be able to see what im on about,really.
Old 5th April 2012, 01:37   #402
BHPian

Re: Micromax unveils Funbook ICS tablet for Rs 6,499

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartindboy View Post
crappy specs with poor resolution. The olive one mentioned a few posts above has much better resolution.

Same resolution, olivepad has a resistive touch screen which is pointless
Old 5th April 2012, 03:51   #403
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
3G works fabulously.
Agreed. Sony S is one of the very good tablet. Underrated but is very good. I would put it at par with Samsung Tab.
Old 5th April 2012, 10:10   #404
BHPian

Folks,
Excuse my ignorance.
I am planning to buy a tablet which also does the function of a phone with calling/receiving/sms facility.
Budget approx 15k.
Understand samsung galaxy has this functionality but, over 25+k hence, ruled out.
Heard Kobian has launched mercury neo tech 2 tab with calling facility.

need android O/s.Primary usage to access my official mails.
Pls suggest other options as well.
All needs to run on a single SIM.
Kindly guide me.

cheers

Last edited by PRADEEP KUMAR : 5th April 2012 at 10:32.
Old 5th April 2012, 16:44   #405
BHPian

Folks,
I am planning on buying a tablet. Budget is approx 15K.

I am confused between the Blackberry playbook 16GB and the viewsonic one below
Buy ViewSonic ViewPad 7e (Pearl White) at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews

I dont need 3G and Wi-fi is more than enough. The viewsonic has extendable memory upto 32 GB and is android in the same price range.

Hence was wondering whether anyone here has the viewsonic tablet so that I can understand the pros/cons of it before buying.

Cheers
f1fan

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks