Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2012, 19:38   #646
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: The Quintessential Tablet PC Thread (Android, Apple, BB et al)

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrage View Post
I request you to recheck in the XDA forums whether a carrier locked MZ 601 can be unlocked?

I too was not interested in apple at first but comparing an Ipad and the Xoom side by side i would say the quality of apps and all other experiences the apple is light years ahead. The games are so involving unlike the apps on the Xoom. Some T-Bhp memberes picked up the ipad 2 for around 22k recently on ebay deals .Do Check.
Thanks . I did checked xda forums and xoom has already been unlocked and locked back. ipad 2 looses out mainly because on HDMI port & just 16 GB of storage .Another Point is that i pay for everything in Ipad where as xoom has android .
Old 1st August 2012, 15:17   #647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbullram View Post
ICICI offer: Ebay Offer

eBay seller - Pearl Agencies (had excellent experience): Ainol AURORA IPS 8GB, 1GB DDR3,5pt Multi Touch HDMI out, Android 4.0 ICS | eBay

Whats better in this price point:
LG IPS screen with Gorilla glass has amazing clarity and viewing angle, almost as good as my iPad - This feature itself is worth the money as my 19 months old has thrown it enough times for me to say its as good as my Defy
1 GB DDR3 RAM
Good build quality
Quality english ROMs to play with
Plays almost all video, even videos that my HiMedia shutters
2 MP Camera

What sucks:
WEP Wifi does not connect, trying to find a way out
USB Keyboard works on and off
Read my 1 TB USB hard drive on and off

I am playing with more firmwares, will keep you guys posted.
Thanks a lot for your review. Based on the above review and discussions, I have placed the order for the same Tablet from the same link you quoted. Now my kiddo will have a Very Very Happy Birthday
Old 1st August 2012, 15:55   #648
BHPian

Congrats Zenster. Once you receive the tablet, switch to Feiyu ROM. Its the best I have seen. Here is the detailed link on how to:
The Absolute Beginner's Guide to Making a Newly Acquired Novo 7 (Aurora) Tablet Actually Useful - SlateDroid.com

tip: Ensure you copy all the required files to the memory storage, as once you change to ROM, your touchscreen wont work and u have to apply v3 patch
Old 1st August 2012, 16:34   #649
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats Zenster. Once you receive the tablet, switch to Feiyu ROM. Its the best I have seen. Here is the detailed link on how to:
The Absolute Beginner's Guide to Making a Newly Acquired Novo 7 (Aurora) Tablet Actually Useful - SlateDroid.com

tip: Ensure you copy all the required files to the memory storage, as once you change to ROM, your touchscreen wont work and u have to apply v3 patch
Thanks a lot buddy, I will check out the ROM as soon as I get my hands on the tab (it shud be shipped day-after-tomorrow, but will be hidden away till by daughters birthday).

One question though, Since this tab is from a Chinese manufacturer, the ROM loaded on tab is a complete English version or has Chinese bits here and there?
Old 1st August 2012, 16:40   #650
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenster View Post
Thanks a lot buddy, I will check out the ROM as soon as I get my hands on the tab (it shud be shipped day-after-tomorrow, but will be hidden away till by daughters birthday).

One question though, Since this tab is from a Chinese manufacturer, the ROM loaded on tab is a complete English version or has Chinese bits here and there?
pearl angency will ship with English version, but it will have some chinese apps like games. once you change to Feiyu ROM + V3 Patch + English Patch you will have 100% english.

Also, once you patch Feiyu, you tab will be identified as Samsung Tab
Old 1st August 2012, 16:42   #651
BHPian

Quote:
pearl angency will ship with English version, but it will have some chinese apps like games. once you change to Feiyu ROM + V3 Patch + English Patch you will have 100% english.

Also, once you patch Feiyu, you tab will be identified as Samsung Tab
Thanks again for the details, I'll get back to you if I have more questions.

P.S: I really miss the "Thanks" button on non-auto threads :(
Old 1st August 2012, 17:25   #652
BHPian

No problems I am no expert, will help with what I know
Old 2nd August 2012, 11:07   #653
Senior - BHPian

Wow i didnt know team-bhp had a dedicated thread for tablets too

Guys, i came across the news that Micromax has launched funbook pro and its available online for 9999 on infibeam.com

Any feedback on this ? any owners of existing 7 inch funbook can comment on the hardware(i see they have used same hardware for this too)

This looks like a decent deal, i am looking for a wifi only tablet and 10 inch one.
Old 2nd August 2012, 13:40   #654
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Guys, i came across the news that Micromax has launched funbook pro and its available online for 9999 on infibeam.com

Any feedback on this ?
it;s a decent device , a colleague been using 7 ". Per se him ,Battery is super poor and runs out of steam pretty fast and For using net, the USB Wifi dongle has to be used & Only TATA ;s Dongle is working right now ( a Major deterrent IMO as it always keep hanging Out ). Also micro max Support is pretty questionable .
Old 2nd August 2012, 21:54   #655
BHPian

Bought my first tab, the samsung galaxy tab 620 two days back. Havent been able to try all the features but the first thing i wanted to check was the battery life. Got about 6h 40m with a 1080p looping HD clip (without any radios turned on) . I am not sure if this is line with what others are getting on their tabs ( 620 or tab 2 7.0). Would request tab 620/tab 2 7.0 owners to comment.
Old 4th August 2012, 13:55   #656
Senior - BHPian

I have recently got myself a Tab 2 7" and I must say battery is not a strong point of device. The battery last me around a day with a bit of WI-Fiing, gaming, surfing etc.

I need to charge it once in a day and fact that it doesn't support USB charging makes it even difficult as you need to carry the charger along with you. I think I would like to try some battery saving app, i think there are few, though as I am new to android world altogether, so it can take me a little time.
Old 4th August 2012, 15:02   #657
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

As some of you might have read a few posts ago that i had my BB PB up for sale as we needed an Android Tab with front facing camera and skype support. Since our useage is extremely basic and simple i was considering getting Nexus 7 from US with a friend or relative. But than i was browsing and i came across something called Swipe Tab X78. Its not a SUPER FAST and extremely high speced Tab but i think its decent at the price of 6999/-.

Has anyone used this or seen this in action in person? i cant find much reviews on the same. It comes with ICS 4.0.3 out of the box. My only concern is the DISPLAY; it says "Display 7 inch capacitive touch screen; 5-point touch"; But no mention on resolution or screen type.

Source : Product :: Swipe Tab X78

Any feedback will be appreciated.

Regards,

Last edited by h@r$h@l : 4th August 2012 at 15:04.
Old 4th August 2012, 15:36   #658

^^^^
All these low end tablets seem to be clones of each other, the one you have mentioned, does not mention anything about screen resolution and battery, and little or no information about their service

As i mentioned earlier, the prices of all these chinese rebranded tablets are moving southwards as if the sellers want to empty their stock as soon as possible.

Veedee D10 is available on ebay @ 5999/- some days back it was for 6790/-
Another model introduced by Veedee, the Veedee D13 is availiable for Rs. 4990/- , having the same specification of Veedee D10, minus 4MB of Ram and HDMI output.

The funbook is also available for around 5800/-, earlier it was for Rs.6490/-, Intex too has launched a low end tablet for Rs. 6500/-, NXG and iberry have similar tabs, so you have a wide range of choices to choose from.
Old 6th August 2012, 23:41   #659
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

May sound funny after my previous post. Can someone guide me where can i look for good apple ipad 2 wifi 16 gb deals? We are now planning to move from nexus 7 or entry tabs plan to ipad 2 16gb wifi. Buytheprice.in has it listed at 24.5k with 1k cash back. Any place else i can look at?

Thanks.
Old 7th August 2012, 09:12   #660
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l
Guys,

May sound funny after my previous post. Can someone guide me where can i look for good apple ipad 2 wifi 16 gb deals? We are now planning to move from nexus 7 or entry tabs plan to ipad 2 16gb wifi. Buytheprice.in has it listed at 24.5k with 1k cash back. Any place else i can look at?

Thanks.
I saw prices like 21k on eBay. Also u can get hold of eBay discount coupons and that can bring down price to 20k levels or even under. Of course the cover wasn't included in this but you could buy that separately as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks