Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2015, 08:38   #301
Senior - BHPian

Re: Best Auto Insurance service provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
Has anyone taken Zero Dep motor policy from L&T Insurance?
How are they? Any first hand experience?

I usually take from HDFC ERGO or SBI Insurance.
But this time L&T is quoting 6K lower than others. (I checked and double checked!)
L&T is a relatively new player in the motor insurance segment so their claim history is not much known. The best people to confirm this are the workshop guys where you would normally service your car. They will confirm about their claim process. L&T have kept the premiums attractive to garner the market, once they are done with it they will hike the prices.

So take an informed decision.
Old 31st October 2015, 10:49   #302
BHPian

Hi,

Looking at renewing the insurance of my elite i20 sportz, currently insured with NIC Zero Dep, thought of getting it renewed through NIC, but does not seem to be very user friendly.

Seems will have to go for TATA AIG, Will the NCB be transferred to it?

Any reviews of TATA AIG? Any special clause or add on to look out for you in your experience?

Regards
Shailesh
Old 31st October 2015, 11:22   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspire View Post
Hi,

Seems will have to go for TATA AIG, Will the NCB be transferred to it?

Regards
Shailesh
Hi Shailesh,

I believe you can. You will need to get an NCB discount retention letter from the existing insurance company and submit the same at the new company.

Cheers
Old 4th November 2015, 22:12   #304
BHPian

Hello
Need to renew the insurance policy for the Polo TSI expiring next month. Had taken a Bharati Axa comprehensive policy from the dealer then. Have got a qoute from them for renewal.
IDR 720000 with premium at 20600. Bajaj A has given me a quote for zero depreciation for a premium of 23500. IDR 700000.
Would appreciate any advice as want to wrap up the renewal by next week. No claims made. Thanks.
Old 5th November 2015, 08:16   #305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishyvish View Post
Hello
Need to renew the insurance policy for the Polo TSI expiring next month. Had taken a Bharati Axa comprehensive policy from the dealer then. Have got a qoute from them for renewal.
IDR 720000 with premium at 20600. Bajaj A has given me a quote for zero depreciation for a premium of 23500. IDR 700000.
Would appreciate any advice as want to wrap up the renewal by next week. No claims made. Thanks.
Confirm:
1) If the IDV is correct?
2) If the workshop has cashless tie up with Bajaj?

Get the quote for a correct IDV and decide.Have a chat with the workshop to now if BA claims process is good.
Old 5th November 2015, 08:23   #306
BHPian

Thanks Girish. Did not think of checking with the workshop. Will do so and proceed accordingly.
Old 26th November 2015, 14:52   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
Has anyone taken Zero Dep motor policy from L&T Insurance?
How are they? Any first hand experience?

I usually take from HDFC ERGO or SBI Insurance.
But this time L&T is quoting 6K lower than others. (I checked and double checked!)
I am new to this thread and to tell you . never go for HDFC Ergo at any cost.

My car was at the garage for about 3 weeks awaiting approval just coz of an incompetent surveyor.

I had to get a legal notice to get i approved, and now they are even not letting me get my headlamp which was on the initial survey replaced saying it is not a major damage. Never ever go for Private insurance.

I am pulling in a new thread on the same
Old 9th December 2015, 17:05   #308
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Need some help, I want to renew my policy which is currently with National insurance co. They have quoted 4100 for renewal for Zen Estilo Vxi 2011 model.

Having read good reviews of Tata AIG here, i decided to get a quote from them. They are quoting 4700 for same, and IDV is also 10k less than NIC, i.e. 184 instead of 193 which NIC is giving.

To justify, they are saying they will give free towing upto Rs.1500, no claims bonus will not affected for plastic, glass, fiber repairs and they guarantee claim settlement within 7 working days.

To me, the first two points don't matter that much, however the last point i.e. guaranteed claim settlement in 7 days seems attractive as he is saying govt insurers take upto 1 month for same.

Can tbhp experts share their experience/opinions about National insurance co (as till yet i haven't filed any claim) and if its worth switching ?
Old 10th December 2015, 09:11   #309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haste View Post
however the last point i.e. guaranteed claim settlement in 7 days seems attractive as he is saying govt insurers take upto 1 month for same.

Can tbhp experts share their experience/opinions about National insurance co (as till yet i haven't filed any claim) and if its worth switching ?
There are mixed responses to National Insurance. Till a year back they did not even have online insurance buying option, now they have. So they are changing or rather forced to change in the advent of new private Insurance players. I have always been refraining from approaching the PSU insurers solely for the reason is they do not have cashless tie up with many workshops. Plus their attitude is still sarkaari, any information requested is dealt with lot of negative attitude. I am not saying that you wont get the same response with private players but then you have choices.

I think Tata AIG must have quoted with an additional add on cover called NCB protection when they claim that NCB will not be affected for any repairs. Just recheck with them. It will be worthwhile to also check if Tata AIG has a cashless tie up with Maruti workshop. I am told that Maruti offers its own Insurance, have you checked that out??
Old 10th December 2015, 11:54   #310
BHPian

Quote:

Not an expert, but my experience.
I recently moved from NIC to Tata AIG. Bargain hard with Tata AIG and they will oblige. They quoted a very low IDV value for my car initially. Then they matched the IDV with that of NIC after I bargained. As I understand you have an option of changing the IDV to a range that they specify with Tata AIG. I then bargained on the premium. After a couple of calls Tata AIG quoted a premium which was not able to match by anyone else and was significantly less than what NIC quoted with almost the same IDV. I made the switch immediately.

Regards
Sandy
Old 10th December 2015, 14:43   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
There are mixed responses to National Insurance. Till a year back they did not even have online insurance buying option, now they have. So they are changing or rather forced to change in the advent of new private Insurance players. I have always been refraining from approaching the PSU insurers solely for the reason is they do not have cashless tie up with many workshops. Plus their attitude is still sarkaari, any information requested is dealt with lot of negative attitude. I am not saying that you wont get the same response with private players but then you have choices.

I think Tata AIG must have quoted with an additional add on cover called NCB protection when they claim that NCB will not be affected for any repairs. Just recheck with them. It will be worthwhile to also check if Tata AIG has a cashless tie up with Maruti workshop. I am told that Maruti offers its own Insurance, have you checked that out??
Thanks for help guys

Yes, I have Maruti Insurance only, which came as default. Maruti insurance issues insurance using 3rd party insurers like NIC, etc..
Also Tata AIG guy is saying all authorized Maruti dealers honor Tata AIG, so that's not an issue...

Actually thing is, I bought the car second hand and I have only used it 2 years (with no claims). NIC somehow is giving 45% NCB, but Tata guy is saying its by mistake, since you owned it only for 2 years (the car is 4 years old though), so they can only offer 25% NCB as per IRDA rule.

Will try to bargain with him and get IDV atleast as same as NIC..
Old 16th December 2015, 22:21   #312
BHPian

Need to renew the insurance for our Hyundai i20 Sportz. The car is in Pathanamthitta, Kerala. Any suggestions on the best insurer to go with in this part of the country? Looking for a zero depreciation policy.
Old 17th December 2015, 08:08   #313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Actually thing is, I bought the car second hand and I have only used it 2 years (with no claims). NIC somehow is giving 45% NCB, but Tata guy is saying its by mistake, since you owned it only for 2 years (the car is 4 years old though), so they can only offer 25% NCB as per IRDA rule.
Tata AIG is correct in saying that you are eligible for 25% NCB for 2 yrs of claim free ownership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljai View Post
Need to renew the insurance for our Hyundai i20 Sportz. The car is in Pathanamthitta, Kerala. Any suggestions on the best insurer to go with in this part of the country? Looking for a zero depreciation policy.
It would be worthwhile to enquire with with Insurance co does the Hyundai workshop has cashless tieup. Based on that get an online quote and compare. BTW which Insurance does the car have presently?

You need to be more specific when asking for information on the forum instead of generalized questions.
Old 17th December 2015, 09:09   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Tata AIG is correct in saying that you are eligible for 25% NCB for 2 yrs of claim free ownership.

It would be worthwhile to enquire with with Insurance co does the Hyundai workshop has cashless tieup. Based on that get an online quote and compare. BTW which Insurance does the car have presently?

You need to be more specific when asking for information on the forum instead of generalized questions.
Thanks ghodlur, the current policy is with Future Generali. Got some online quotes which were much cheaper as compared to what the dealer provided for renewal. But this being the car used by parents wanted to go with someone who would provide a good service.
Old 17th December 2015, 14:04   #315
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Need some help, I want to renew my policy which is currently with National insurance co. They have quoted 4100 for renewal for Zen Estilo Vxi 2011 model.

Having read good reviews of Tata AIG here, i decided to get a quote from them. They are quoting 4700 for same, and IDV is also 10k less than NIC, i.e. 184 instead of 193 which NIC is giving.

To justify, they are saying they will give free towing upto Rs.1500, no claims bonus will not affected for plastic, glass, fiber repairs and they guarantee claim settlement within 7 working days.

To me, the first two points don't matter that much, however the last point i.e. guaranteed claim settlement in 7 days seems attractive as he is saying govt insurers take upto 1 month for same.

Tough call here. But the challenge will only be when it comes to claim settlements.

I had a real pain in getting my claim settled from HDFC Ergo. They still have not indemnified fully. My car was at the Garage in Cochin for 42 days for the work which would have been done in 3-4 days.

I am headed to insurance Ombudsman to file a complaint against HDFC Ergo. But on the other hand, Govt Insurance companies may take longer to settle claims or get the survey done, but you will get true indemnification.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks