Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2024, 18:38   #9736
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhisheknott View Post
The pricing/marketing team should be invited to B-schools. Everyone should know the basis on which they finalized the prices and the specs.
Indeed - this is a genius idea. Their theories can help the B-school students to further their textbook understanding and avoid unnecessary first principles thinking.

Further, this will help employers to not hire MBA grads with even more confidence.
pavanmadhini is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th April 2024, 19:31   #9737
Senior - BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Right from the get-go, it was explicitly clear that the Marketing team at Citroen had no clue about the Indian market. Their strategy was flawed, their products are under-equipped, their perception of fellow Indians has been totally wrong.

I am not sure if this massive discount will add the numbers they desperately need - but I am sure that it dents the image of the car and the company.

Before the first product was launched, everyone thought they would be a premium European brand like how VW & Skoda have been. But their product and their plan showed they have a totally different agenda for India. Historically, I have not seen a price-cut impact a product positively. Hope they have learnt their lessons and price the upcoming Basalt sensibly and equip it generously.
aravind.anand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th April 2024, 11:53   #9738
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Cross posting from the Jimny thread (Maruti Jimny Review).

Hi guys,
Been on the fence for a Jimny since a few months now. I am on the lookout for a fuss-free/abuse-friendly daily driver and I think the Jimny stands out. Wanted to know from the forum members who have recently purchased a Jimny in Bangalore - What are the discounts available? I am inclined towards a manual, preferably a Zeta. Do not mind picking up a 2023 unit or a display/demo piece, or even a used car for that matter, provided it is in a fair nick. I have a couple of fresh eighteen year olds at home so keen that they learn how to drive in something characterful, inclined towards a used car so that it doesn't hurt the heart.
Any leads/inputs would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
A.K is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2024, 12:35   #9739

I'm planning to purchase a BMW X5 30d MSport in Hyderabad. does anyone have any idea of how much discounts i can ask for?
Old 18th April 2024, 16:47   #9740
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki Swift prices hiked by up to Rs 39,000

Maruti Suzuki has increased the price of the Swift by up to Rs 39,000. The price hike comes just weeks ahead of the launch of the next-generation Swift.

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-swift_cng_web_1366x569.jpg

The prices of the LXI, ZXI, ZXI AMT, ZXI+ AMT and ZXI CNG variants have been increased by Rs 25,000. The mid-spec VXI, VXI AMT and VXI CNG variants cost Rs 15,000 more, while the ZXI+ variant sees the highest price hike of Rs 39,000.

Meanwhile, Maruti Suzuki is gearing up to launch the next-generation Swift in the Indian market soon. Prices of the new model are likely to be announced next month.

The 2024 Maruti Suzuki Swift will feature the new Z-series, 1.2-litre 3-cylinder mild-hybrid petrol engine. Its output is expected to be similar to the outgoing K12 engine and will be paired with either a 5-speed manual or an AMT gearbox.
TusharK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th April 2024, 17:03   #9741
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Maruti Suzuki Swift prices hiked by up to Rs 39,000

Maruti Suzuki has increased the price of the Swift by up to Rs 39,000. The price hike comes just weeks ahead of the launch of the next-generation Swift.
This does not bode well for those who are patiently waiting for the new-gen Swift. Including one of my relatives.
Old 18th April 2024, 18:46   #9742
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by NT_GT View Post
This does not bode well for those who are patiently waiting for the new-gen Swift. Including one of my relatives.
Really tough from Maruti to hike prices at this stage.
So now the new generation will be more priced than this old new price range.

I switched from MG Comet, Wagonr and booked swift before a week as the Wagonr ZXI plus and Swift VXi pricing is very closer.
Now Maruti hiked the prices.
Its close to Baleno and Glanza now.

Last edited by dmaheshkumar : 18th April 2024 at 18:54.
dmaheshkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2024, 18:59   #9743
BHPian

The only reason that would justify this price hike is a heftier body shell and overall better build. If its the same old platform then even the new 3 pot cylinder would not excite the Indian crowd which is definitely shifting towards safer cars.
Old 18th April 2024, 19:23   #9744
BHPian

Increase price while downgrading the engine. Would be interesting to see if it has any negative impact on the sale figures.
Old 18th April 2024, 19:43   #9745
BHPian

Most manufacturers hike the prices of their products every year starting in April. Therefore, it should be understandable that Maruti is increasing the price of the Swift.

Additionally, with the launch of a new version around the corner, they don't want to maintain a large price gap between the new and current versions.
Old 19th April 2024, 07:04   #9746
Senior - BHPian

This is just plain arrogance from Maruti Suzuki. They did it because they know they can get away with it. Customers keep lapping up the Swift inspite of knowing that a new generation model is just around the corner. I would love to hear what excuse they come up this time for the price hike. For all I know, the production must have already stopped for this model.

This does not make any sense to me, unless they plan to keep selling both the current and new generation Swift side by side.
Old 19th April 2024, 09:54   #9747
BHPian

It is a good way to cover the increased gap in pricing for the new model. If the current model price is increased and the new model is launched at a slightly more premium, the gap looks minimal. If the prices were not hiked, the difference would have looked phenomenal.

They have also created some extra room for discounting on the old stock (optical discounting).
Abhikumar629 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th April 2024, 11:31   #9748
BHPian

Makes sense with a new gen on the horizon, most likely with a hybrid and hopefully a safer, more crash worthy car.
Old 19th April 2024, 12:39   #9749
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhikumar629 View Post
It is a good way to cover the increased gap in pricing for the new model. If the current model price is increased and the new model is launched at a slightly more premium, the gap looks minimal. If the prices were not hiked, the difference would have looked phenomenal.

They have also created some extra room for discounting on the old stock (optical discounting).
Makes absolute sense. When the new Swift is launched, they will be able to claim that the new model is ONLY XXXXX more expensive than the previous one. This will help dilute the perception of a price increase for the new Swift customers and give a feel good factor for the new buyers.
coldice4u is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 21st April 2024, 13:01   #9750
BHPian

Has anyone recently negotiated on a Tiguan?
What are the expected discounts?
VW is officially offering ~3.4 lacs (including the 4 year maintenance package).
Are VW dealers likely to throw in the 2 year extended warranty on top?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks