Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2023, 21:38   #9586
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Honestly, this is the perfect time for Honda to lowball their competitors and gain some market share. Penny wise, pound foolish. The Japanese bosses might have gotten greedy seeing their Suzuki counterparts making money.

It seems Japanese companies focus hugely on profit margins even at the cost of market share or even their own downfall.

Unless Honda is making losses on each Elevate they are selling, this is not the time to raise prices but to entice potential customers. They probably still think people consider them a premium brand. That was a decade ago!

Hyundai/Kia is the new darling of the upper middle class.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 5th December 2023 at 21:42. Reason: Formatting.
ZenMaster is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 5th December 2023, 21:56   #9587
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

XUV 3OO & 4OO get a discount.

Mahindra has announced that the XUV 4OO gets a large end-of-year discount of up to 4.2 lakh on the EL trim. Meanwhile, they are also offering a substantial discount of 1.7 Lakh on the lower trim EL variant.

Mahindra is also offering a 1.72 lakh discount on the XUV 3OO. This is for the W8 and W8(O). The lower W6 and W4 trims are offered with discounts of 1.4 lakh and 59,000 respectively.
Attached Thumbnails
The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-xuv.jpg  

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-300pt.jpeg  

JunkyardHunter is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th December 2023, 22:41   #9588

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Volkswagen Tiguan gets up to Rs 4.2 lakh discount
Is it worth buying a car that is NOT E20 compliant? I am tired of following up with VW management. They are just not ready to budge.

Last edited by Turbanator : 6th December 2023 at 04:46. Reason: Fixed quote. Grammar, please proofread before posting.
Ambi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2023, 08:23   #9589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar* View Post
I am in active discussion with a Jeep Dealer for a Compass Model S 4x2 D AT. I immediately forwarded this to the SA.

He has confirmed that the offer is only valid for the MY22 and MY23 models and not for MY24 ones which I am looking for. Jeep is having some old stock in their plant and is trying hard to get rid it seems. He even showed me the respective Jeep bulletin and I found to be genuine.

This seems to be a good offer, for someone who doesn't mind to have an issue in owning an old stock. They seems to have stock of the 5th anniversary edition as well few petrol models.
When I recently checked with dealers, I was told there are no old stock of any kind. Can you share your dealer contact or any variants list of stock available that he has shared, maybe I could push Bangalore dealers based on this information.
Old 6th December 2023, 08:50   #9590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rving View Post
Hi All,

We're planning to buy during Feb'24. Looking for the best discounts, does not really matter if we get a 2023 mfg stock by then. Is there any resource on here that can guide us on the right time to purchase and models to approach for the best prices?
I've heard that you get BYD Atto On Road for 34 (Registration in Mumbai).
3WiseMen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2023, 12:12   #9591
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambi View Post
Is it worth buying a car that is NOT E20 compliant? I am tired of following up with VW management. They are just not ready to budge.
I believe that the cars are e20-compliant. Is my understanding wrong? Please, see the below article :
https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...etrol%20engine.
vinaygeorgeroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2023, 13:51   #9592

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaygeorgeroy View Post
I believe that the cars are e20-compliant. Is my understanding wrong?
Tiguan, Kodiaq, Audi line-up with 2.0 TS engines are CKD cars and official E20 compliance certifications are still awaited. Though some Kodiaq's are coming with E20 labels, though its not the case with Tiguan, Q3, Q5, A4, A6 etc

The VW India 2.0 cars are E20 compliant since April 2023.

Last edited by RootedCosmo : 6th December 2023 at 14:01. Reason: removed some typos
RootedCosmo is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th December 2023, 14:05   #9593

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3WiseMen View Post
I've heard that you get BYD Atto On Road for 34 (Registration in Mumbai).
Thank you! I am visiting them later this week and will be checking. Some on social media say they got a 4L ~ discount. Was curious if someone has knowledge of the same
Old 6th December 2023, 19:39   #9594
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RootedCosmo View Post
Tiguan, Kodiaq, Audi line-up with 2.0 TS engines are CKD cars and official E20 compliance certifications are still awaited. Though some Kodiaq's are coming with E20 labels, though its not the case with Tiguan, Q3, Q5, A4, A6 etc

The VW India 2.0 cars are E20 compliant since April 2023.
I was contemplating a Tiguan with such a mouth watering offer (40 lakhs on road with 4 year Service Package) but now am confused -- what is this E20 compliance? It says OBD 2 vehicle in the sales brochure
Old 6th December 2023, 19:57   #9595

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishnan83 View Post
I was contemplating a Tiguan with such a mouth watering offer (40 lakhs on road with 4 year Service Package) but now am confused -- what is this E20 compliance? It says OBD 2 vehicle in the sales brochure
Exx compliance on cars is the the max ethanol blending percentage of petrol suitable for the vehicle, where xx denotes the %age. Indian Govt has proposed to launch E20 petrol fuel ( 20% ethanol blending starting 2025 ) All locally made vehicles/engines are E20 fuel compliant. BMW's are even E25 fuel complaint. You can find the rating on the fuel cap of any vehicle. Some Kodiaq's are coming with E20 sticker/ratings from the factory whereas Tiguan's aren't ( They share the same engine ).

Its better to check with dealership about the E20 compliance and other warranty clauses in case of any damage to the engine due to filling E20 fuels.

you can read more about this here https://www.team-bhp.com/news/impact...petrol-engines
and here
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...pliant-18.html (List all cars that are E20 and E20+ petrol compliant)
RootedCosmo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2023, 21:15   #9596
BHPian

Am looking to replace my 8 year old Alto K10 AMT that my missus uses for local runs, school etc., and would want to ideally upgrade to an SUV AT as I've a Rapid TDI DSG for the highway runs. With all the year end offers going, am all over the place and confused w.r.t an ideal replacement for the Alto K10. Not an immediate requirement, but shocked at the way car prices have inched up post covid. I had bought my Rapid in 2019 and prices were not this high at that time.

What's an ideal upgrade if budget is not a constraint but best VFM with max safety and comfort?
Krishnan83 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th December 2023, 23:41   #9597
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhukarmohan View Post
If they did this few months back, many would have preferred this excellent vehicle over Fortuner and this would have helped them in the sales charts.
It still costs almost 1 crore on road. There is no reason to buy this over an X5 or GLE.
Cresterk is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2023, 10:41   #9598

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishnan83 View Post
I have been wanting to buy this ; have put off my plans for now
Old 7th December 2023, 10:52   #9599

I think if we look at the last decade for the four wheeler industry coupled with the fuel prices two things emerge (at least from my own observation)

1. Sticker price inflation for passenger vehicles has stayed ahead of the WPI/CPI
- just as an example when I got my T-Jet the segment was in the range of 8-12 lacs which now, for similar vehicles is 18-22 lac. So have the commodity prices doubled? No. Should the likes of erstwhile Octavia / Virtus / City / Verna / Compass etc be priced at what they are - most probably No.

2. Similarly, look at the fuel prices in co-relation to crude. Govts have literally minted money (arguably to fund welfare schemes but that's for separate discussion perhaps). If crude goes up - earn on excise and put windfall gains tax on refining companies - if it goes down - keep the prices same, increase excise component or windfall gains on OMCs. As a result petrol prices have stayed prohibitive.

Both of the above have ensured that the wealthy, who have got wealthier, continue to push the demand, OEMs milk it while they can and pass price hikes in the name of commodity prices.

That leaves us with the part of competition. If I look at the way industry has panned out - the famed western players have tried to compete in the higher margin (more EBITDA obviously) categories that have also grown faster (CSUVs etc). With largely the discretionery buyer making brand based decisions in that segment it left a gulf between the lower segment and the higher segment (for the likes of Maruti and Hyundai). Hence Suzuki has simply used that strategy of others to set their own base models at a higher price and laughed away to the bank. Coz for their TG the jump to the next segment is much too high still.

Effectively few players' premiumisation strategy (not necessarily VFM) has augured well for the value segment as well.

The only notable exceptions to the above are Tata Motors and Mahindras perhaps - which has made them gain as well, one in the EVs and the other in SUVs.

As an example - where does it leave someone like me? One who dreamt of buying an Octavia at some stage (when T-Jet cost me 9) Octavia was around (23-25), when it left the country it was already 35 + (barring some occasional magical deals that I have read about on t-bhp). I always believe in being reasonable around a depreciating asset. Octavia was the best of the "most" things that I would have ever wanted in a car - Safety, Engine, Handling, Reasonable list of features. Period. But now that bracket is definitely 40+ to buy the best of the "most" that one would want. Hence we just settle down with 50% of what I want with 50% of the cost and get a Virtus GT. Use the saving to maintain the vehicle in good shape or deploy for the rainy day when it may need expensive repairs.

Last edited by graaja : 7th December 2023 at 10:57. Reason: Spacing between paragraphs for better readability
abhi162 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 7th December 2023, 11:49   #9600
BHPian

Manufacturers often raise their prices towards the end of the year to clear out existing inventory at the plant or dealer’s yard. This is also a strategy to close the year with good sales figures, especially after a successful Diwali season. December is one of the best months for retail sales as customers are attracted by enticing offers. This practice results in a win-win scenario for customers, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), and dealers.
carsirdar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks