Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2023, 12:09   #9571
Senior - BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahilrai166 View Post
Got this WhatsApp message from Maruti Suzuki India ltd regarding the discount offer currently running on Jimmy.
Attachment 2538007

So effectively there is a price cut of 2lacs on the ex showroom price itself.
This is what I was waiting for. As I mentioned in another thread at 10L Jimny is priced right. I hope that they realise their mistake in over pricing the Jimny and reduse the price to sub 10L, say 9.7L. Then it will fly off the shelves.
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2023, 14:01   #9572

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Hi All,

We're planning to buy during Feb'24. Looking for the best discounts, does not really matter if we get a 2023 mfg stock by then. Is there any resource on here that can guide us on the right time to purchase and models to approach for the best prices?

Been looking at
Electric - BYD Atto 3, MG ZS EV

ICE - VW Taigun, Kushaq

Maybe sedan trio - Virtus- Slavia - Verna if the price is good

Been hearing rumors of great discounts on BYD on social media. If someone has more info on the same, kindly request you to share, even if on DM.
Old 4th December 2023, 13:01   #9573
Senior - BHPian

Honda to hike prices of its cars from January 2024

Honda Cars India has announced that it plans to increase the prices of its entire model range from January 2024.

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-20230606_124734.jpg

According to Kunal Behl, Vice President (Marketing and Sales) of Honda Cars India, prices are being hiked due to pressure on input costs. The model-wise amount of increase will be finalized by the end of this month.

Behl also stated that introductory pricing for the Honda Elevate will be valid till December 23. Prices will be revised from January 2024.

Maruti Suzuki, Mahindra and Audi have also confirmed their plans to hike the prices of their models next month. Meanwhile, Tata Motors and Mercedes-Benz are also mulling the same.

Link to Team-BHP news

Last edited by TusharK : 4th December 2023 at 13:03.
TusharK is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 5th December 2023, 08:04   #9574

Got ~1L off on Skoda Slavia 2024 model Style 1.5 DSG (the one with powered seats). Includes the 5th, 6th year extended warranty, Elite insurance and Skoda Maintenance package. Discount was funded by the dealer through a mix of dealer margin and insurance. Approx 20L OTR with BH registration. Does anyone know if better deals are being offered?
manu220194 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2023, 12:01   #9575
BHPian

A close friend of mine is looking for Jeep Compass. What can be the best offer we can get considering the year end.

The variant we have finalised in Model S Diesel Automatic. I had an initial discussion with the local dealer. At first he straight away refused any offers and claimed the production to be stopped for this year, but came back later with offers of around 1L.

Is this the best we get ? Anybody recently availed anything better or any further points to negotiate ?
Old 5th December 2023, 12:49   #9576

Quote:
Originally Posted by manu220194 View Post
Got ~1L off on Skoda Slavia 2024 model Style 1.5 DSG (the one with powered seats). Includes the 5th, 6th year extended warranty, Elite insurance and Skoda Maintenance package. Discount was funded by the dealer through a mix of dealer margin and insurance. Approx 20L OTR with BH registration. Does anyone know if better deals are being offered?
Thanks for the info.. Which dealer/location is this please?
Old 5th December 2023, 17:15   #9577
Senior - BHPian

Volkswagen Tiguan gets up to Rs 4.2 lakh discount

Volkswagen has announced several year-end benefits on its cars. These include a massive discount of up to Rs 4.2 lakh on the Tiguan.

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-2021volkswagentiguanfacelift17.jpg

The Tiguan is available with a cash discount of Rs 75,000, corporate benefits of up to Rs 75,000 and an exchange bonus of Rs 1 lakh. Besides this, dealers are offering a 4-year Service Value Package worth Rs 86,000 and special benefits of up to Rs 84,000.

Volkswagen is offering benefits of up to Rs 1.46 lakh on the Taigun. This includes a cash discount of up to Rs 40,000, an exchange bonus of up to Rs 40,000, corporate benefits worth Rs 30,000 and special benefits worth Rs 36,000. The Topline AT variant without the powered front seats gets the maximum cash discount.

The Virtus is available with benefits of up to Rs 1.17 lakh. This includes a cash discount of up to Rs 50,000, an exchange bonus of up to Rs 20,000 and corporate benefits of up to Rs 17,000. VW is also offering special benefits worth Rs 30,000.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 5th December 2023 at 17:17.
TusharK is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 5th December 2023, 17:53   #9578
Senior - BHPian

Jeep Grand Cherokee gets a massive discount of Rs 11.85 lakh

Jeep has announced year-end benefits on its products. This includes a massive discount of Rs 11.85 lakh on its flagship Grand Cherokee.

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-2022jeepgrandcherokee01-2.jpg

In India, the Grand Cherokee is powered by a 2.0-litre turbo-petrol engine that makes 270 BHP and 400 Nm. The engine is mated to an 8-speed automatic transmission and Jeep’s Quadratrac 4x4 system offering four terrain modes – Auto, Sport, Mud / Sand and Snow.

Jeep is also offering attractive benefits on the Compass and Meridian SUVs. The former gets a discount of Rs 2.05 lakh, which includes a cash discount of Rs 1.5 lakh, an exchange bonus of Rs 25,000 and corporate benefits worth Rs 15,000. Jeep is also offering special benefits worth Rs 15,000 for doctors, leasing companies and partners.

The Jeep Meridian is available with benefits of up to Rs 4.85 lakh. These include a cash discount of up to Rs 4 lakh, an exchange benefit of Rs 25,000 and a corporate discount of Rs 30,000. Doctors, leasing companies and partners can avail of an additional discount of Rs 30,000 on the top-spec Overland variant.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 5th December 2023 at 17:54.
TusharK is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 5th December 2023, 18:25   #9579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
The Jeep Meridian is available with benefits of up to Rs 4.85 lakh. These include a cash discount of up to Rs 4 lakh, an exchange benefit of Rs 25,000 and a corporate discount of Rs 30,000. Doctors, leasing companies and partners can avail of an additional discount of Rs 30,000 on the top-spec Overland variant.
I just checked with a dealership in Bangalore. They are flatly refusing. Is there a Jeep/Stellantis email where I can escalate this?
Old 5th December 2023, 18:35   #9580
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldip View Post
I just checked with a dealership in Bangalore. They are flatly refusing. Is there a Jeep/Stellantis email where I can escalate this?
If you belong to an eligible corporate offer (https://www.jeep-india.com/content/d...orates-Sep.pdf), you may try this as well.
corporatesales@stellantis.com

For reference, this page holds the offer details mentioned above, which has a contact request form: https://www.jeep-india.com/jeep-india-offers.html
sarathlal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2023, 19:08   #9581
BHPian

Quote:
If they did this few months back, many would have preferred this excellent vehicle over Fortuner and this would have helped them in the sales charts.
madhukarmohan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th December 2023, 19:22   #9582
Senior - BHPian

I think I will be really wary about buying a Jeep now. They are giving all signals of a company which is ready to shut its shop!
2000rpm is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th December 2023, 19:54   #9583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
I think I will be really wary about buying a Jeep now. They are giving all signals of a company which is ready to shut its shop!
After having scanned the threads, I've come to the conclusion that the Meridian has been discounted last October-December period as well. The figures vary but are largely in the ball park.

A dealership in Bangalore confirmed that they are selling about 90 units of Compass and Meridian combined every month.
cooldip is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2023, 20:04   #9584
BHPian

Quote:

Honda Cars India has announced that it plans to increase the prices of its entire model range from January 2024.

According to Kunal Behl, Vice President (Marketing and Sales) of Honda Cars India, prices are being hiked due to pressure on input costs. The model-wise amount of increase will be finalized by the end of this month.

Maruti Suzuki, Mahindra and Audi have also confirmed their plans to hike the prices of their models next month. Meanwhile, Tata Motors and Mercedes-Benz are also mulling the same.

Link to Team-BHP news
THIS IS NOW GETTING RIDICULOUS. These carmakers really take the public to be fools (in most cases we are, but let's keep fighting against the perception). There is literally no rise in the input cost. If anything, the input costs have been going down! Please see these articles in the TMC

https://themorningcontext.com/busine...r-prices-again

https://themorningcontext.com/busine...ers-for-a-ride

It is GREEDFLATION. In other words, Greed in the garb of inflation.

Not everyone will have subscription, so let me mention some key highlights:

1. Since Jan 2022, Maruti's operating margin has gone up from 22% to 27%, while Tata Motors' has gone up from 17.2% to 22.4%.

2. Steel prices (key component) have fallen from a high of 5399 yuan per tonne in Jan 2022, to 3887 yuan per tonne in July 2023.

3. Mathematically, if the company is increasing sale prices due to rising input costs, one would expect the ratio of raw material costs to sales to remain the same if price increases align with rising costs, or be slightly higher if the price rise is lower than the cost increase. HOWEVER, the ratio of raw materials to sales has dropped by 5% of both Maruti and Tata during this period. Meaning the rise in prices is disproportionate to the input costs.

3. This is when carmakers have continually hiked the car prices since Jan 22. On an average, Tata cars cost 7% more than they did in Jan 22. Reminder, input cost has been on continuously decline through this period.

I understand car demand is a bit inelastic at the moment, and car makers are making hay while sun shines. It is a capitalist world after all. But please dont take us for us for fools and camouflage the increase on account of input cost. Just say it as it is. We are asking for more because clearly you can pay more.
Vitalstatistiks is offline   (73) Thanks
Old 5th December 2023, 20:52   #9585
BHPian

Quote:

Jeep is also offering attractive benefits on the Compass and Meridian SUVs. The former gets a discount of Rs 2.05 lakh, which includes a cash discount of Rs 1.5 lakh, an exchange bonus of Rs 25,000 and corporate benefits worth Rs 15,000. Jeep is also offering special benefits worth Rs 15,000 for doctors, leasing companies and partners.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldip View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
I am in active discussion with a Jeep Dealer for a Compass Model S 4x2 D AT. I immediately forwarded this to the SA.

He has confirmed that the offer is only valid for the MY22 and MY23 models and not for MY24 ones which I am looking for. Jeep is having some old stock in their plant and is trying hard to get rid it seems. He even showed me the respective Jeep bulletin and I found to be genuine.

This seems to be a good offer, for someone who doesn't mind to have an issue in owning an old stock. They seems to have stock of the 5th anniversary edition as well few petrol models.
northstar* is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks