Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2022, 17:53   #8986
Senior - BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaskiratarora15 View Post
I am getting a 2021 MY Demo BMW X1 Petrol at a 3L additional discount to what the new 2021 MY model is available for. The car has run 9000 kms. I’ve never ventured into a demo car so don’t necessarily know if it is the right call or not.
Is there a room for more price negotations? And what all points should I consider/inspect if I were to purchase the vehicle?
Thank you!!
I was quoted 53 lakhs onroad recently for a brand new X1 20d. I would recommend not going for a demo car for a measly 3l discount especially when the new generation X1 is right around the corner.
Cresterk is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2022, 17:55   #8987
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
I was quoted 53 lakhs onroad recently for a brand new X1 20d. I would recommend not going for a demo car for a measly 3l discount especially when the new generation X1 is right around the corner.
I am getting around 40L OTR for the demo car and 43.5L OTR for a newer car.
Both MY 2021 Xline Petrol. What do you suggest?
Old 15th January 2022, 18:12   #8988
BHPian

Quote:
Please stay away from the demo car buddy. In this case, german automobiles are already very complex and you don’t want to be maintaining an abused german automobile, even if they give you a 5-year warranty. I would not touch a demo car even with a barge pole.

Ideally, You should wait for the new X1 that is to be launched soon. But if you need the car NOW, please go ahead with 43.5L OTR option for peace of mind ownership.
RJ2285 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2022, 17:35   #8989
Senior - BHPian

Force Gurkha prices hiked by Rs. 51,000

Force Motors has increased the prices of the Gurkha by Rs. 51,000. The SUV now costs Rs. 14.10 lakh (ex-showroom).

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-download.jpg

The new Gurkha was launched in September last year. The off-roader is powered by a 2.6-litre diesel engine that produces 90 BHP and 250 Nm. The engine is mated to a 5-speed manual transmission and a four-wheel-drive system. The Gurkha also gets a low range gearbox and a locking differential.

At launch, the Gurkha was available in five colour options. However, a Gurkha with an all-black exterior has recently been spotted at a dealer yard.

Force Motors is also testing a 5-door version of the Gurkha. It is expected to be launched in the near future and will compete with the upcoming Mahindra Thar 5-door.
TusharK is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th January 2022, 10:41   #8990
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki hikes prices of its cars by 1.7%

As per a regulatory filing made at the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), Maruti Suzuki has hiked the prices of its cars by 1.7%. The revised prices have come into effect from January 15, 2022.

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-baleno_smart_hybrid__bsvi.jpg

It's fairly common for carmakers to raise prices across models at the beginning of the new year and Maruti Suzuki is no exception. The prices have been raised due to rising input costs.

Last year, Maruti Suzuki had increased the prices of its car on three occasions. In January, prices were hiked by up to Rs. 34,000 and in April prices went up by 1.6%. The prices were raised again by 1.9% in September.

The latest price hike comes just a few weeks ahead of the arrival of the Baleno facelift, which is rumoured to be launched in February 2022. Maruti will also be launching the updated Brezza later this year.
TusharK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2022, 14:02   #8991
BHPian

Quote:
If I were you I'd take the demo car if I was saving anything north of 10%. Checkpoints being :- 5 years service package, first ownership, MINT condition interiors and exteriors. 4 Lakhs is a HUGE saving.
Karan_n8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2022, 15:38   #8992
Senior - BHPian

Tata Motors to hike car prices by 0.9% from January 19

Tata Motors has announced a marginal price hike across all models effective January 19, 2022.

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-2020tataaltroz07.jpg

Prices will be increased by an average of 0.9% due to the rise in overall input costs. The price hike will not impact customers who have booked their cars on or before January 18, 2022.

Tata has also confirmed that some variants will receive a price reduction of up to Rs. 10,000. Prices of these variants are being reduced in response to customer feedback.
TusharK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2022, 16:54   #8993
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
honestly, the 3.5L for the newer car is worth the peace of mind as 9000 kms on a demo car is equivalent to about15-20 k on a normal car (no scientific basis, just my perception), for the simple reason that demo cars are driven aggressively for the most part, and that too by multiple drivers. I would stay away IMHO.
himanshugoswami is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th January 2022, 16:54   #8994
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Tata has also confirmed that some variants will receive a price reduction of up to Rs. 10,000. Prices of these variants are being reduced in response to customer feedback.
Uh-oh! There comes next round of feature deletions!
RaghuVis is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th January 2022, 20:34   #8995
BHPian

Another day, another price hike.

Tata Motors with yet another price hike: https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/88968924.cms

In fact, I can't remember a time the Indian market has seen such relentless price hikes across the board by all manufacturers. In fact I do believe that one could be forgiven for thinking that buying a car is actually and appreciating asset class rather than a depreciating item!!

This literally got me asking myself a question - how much is too much? Is the industry in effect operating as a "car"tel - pun intended, because let's face it, it's the perfect recipe to profiteer? Covid + raw material increases + production shortages + semiconductor issues + supplier constrains + logistics challenges + fuel price increase (and again increase in logistics and shipping charges). I would love to be an auto executive right now, I'd never have it this good justifying the price hikes and ultimately make a killer bottom line show!

But as we all know, since we are in a free market environment, demand will respond sooner or later. That's when company analysts high on the tailwinds run into the inevitable law of diminishing returns. And yes, it's a nasty one when it does come calling. India is a price sensitive market. The question is, how far is too far with these price hikes that are literally averaging 1 price hike every 20-30 odd days between car makers. Such has been the ferocity of these hikes, one could actually set up a stock market style trading index and chart the price movements on a real time basis. Lol. Eventually I know for a fact, this will result in demand contraction and manufacturers will have to respond. The only problem with that is, they could choose to keep the mid and higher trims priced where they are and introduced more striped down versions to conveniently maintain "pricing position". Not the best thing for non aware buyers.

Disclaimer: I was close to pulling the trigger on getting a vehicle in the second half of last year, till these hikes and waiting period got to the point that it no longer justified the half a lakh increases every odd month or so. I've parked my plans and my current car away till sanity is restored (if at all) in the future.

Last edited by Vandit : 18th January 2022 at 20:35. Reason: tried to get the hyperlink to display correctly
Vandit is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th January 2022, 21:46   #8996
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandit View Post
Another day, another price hike.

Tata Motors with yet another price hike: https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/88968924.cms

But as we all know, since we are in a free market environment, demand will respond sooner or later. That's when company analysts high on the tailwinds run into the inevitable law of diminishing returns. And yes, it's a nasty one
Disclaimer: I was close to pulling the trigger on getting a vehicle in the second half of last year, till these hikes and waiting period got to the point that it no longer justified the half a lakh increases every odd month or so. I've parked my plans and my current car away till sanity is restored (if at all) in the future.
What you have to understand is that these hikes are somewhat justified even if we don't like it. I also purchased a tata vehicle this month and had to pay above 20 big ones. I remember buying Brio in 2011 for 5.75 OTR for top model and now a days even that is expensive. But the increase in raw materials etc is real. Chip shortage is leading to lesser volume and less profit. You can read the financial statements of Maruti, Tata, Mahindra etc and you will find that no one is making the kind of profit they did before covid. There is increase in raw materials for manufacturers.

I constructed a house from Oct, 20 to Oct, 21 and I saw the price of iron rebars increase from 49 Rs. kg to 67 Rs. kg which is more than 35%. Bricks, cements, kitchen products from Hettich, Grass, cables from Finolex, Havells and everything else had a big price rise.

I work in a crude oil company and we see the price of crude right now.

Tons of free money into the market, pent up demand and you get what we have right now. Only car manufacturers can't be blamed for this mess.

Last edited by Metallicar : 18th January 2022 at 21:54.
Metallicar is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 18th January 2022, 22:01   #8997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallicar View Post

Tonnes of free money into the market, pent up demand and you get what we have right now. Only car manufacturers can't be blamed for this mess.
True. I'm not saying they're the only ones, for sure not. I'm just asking the question, how much is too much because it's unlikely that the supposed impact of covid and liquidity boosting measures that have flamed the fires of inflation are going to ebb drastically for the next 18+ months at the least. I also think that the Governments cannot continue to leave the taxation the way it is right now because ad valorem taxation on an increase in ex showroom price is just adding massively to the final payout one has to cut the cheque for. In a way I felt I was literally paying for almost nothing in return when it came to the taxation part! I mean the taxation for for 20 lakh vehicle is absolutely no small amount now! With incomes almost stagnant for the last 3 years, massive inflation on household budgets, relentless increase in fuel prices (even though global crude wasn't all that high all the time) etc etc, it does beg the question, where are we headed. It is inevitable that demand compresses eventually and returns diminish. If car companies are still not making money now after all this, are they ever? Just how elastic is the Indian market? It already feels we're getting far less for our money than we did not so long ago.

A great car that was to be had in the 11-14L range is now 15-20L while whatever fun one could buy with a 20-24L budget is now looking at 28-32L + !!
Vandit is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th January 2022, 08:31   #8998
Senior - BHPian

Off topic:

I agree that taxation is the main component leading to increase in ex-showroom prices. At nearly 52%, it will rise more than input costs, that's obvious. When the input cost of a 5 Lakh car becomes 10 Lakhs, the Ex-showroom will increase from 10 lakhs to 25 lakhs. This is to be expected. But with all the taxation, the govt does become rich so as a nation we become rich.

This means we get better facilities, better water and electricity supply, good public transport, sewage, and all other things we take for granted. Also with overflowing treasury, we are rich in the eyes of other countries and can offer help to our poorer neighbours.

All prices are rising at a rate not explained by inflation rates. But as common junta we don't really need to understand why. I'm sure the babus have a plan in place for our welfare. It's just that luxuries like cars are not a part of it.

4 years back I was looking at purchasing a Mercedes B class for OTR of 32 L, I remember the GLA was 36L. Last year the new GLA was launched at an OTR of 54 L. Am scared to even ask the prices now. Converted to EMIs, it was less than 30K, but now it's more than 50K. Obviously it's way out of my budget now unless I double my consultation fees. But now more patients need free treatment as they are short of money, almost 30%, compared to 10% in the last decade. So the most rational decision is to avoid purchasing a car.

As an auto-enthusiast, it hurts to make this decision, but cars are obviously not in the vision of the future. Until there is clarity about where we are herded to, we should not complain. We can enjoy the pleasure of our fellow BHP-ians who buy a new car and are kind enough to pen down the finer aspects. Live vicariously.
wildsdi5530 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 19th January 2022, 12:00   #8999
Senior - BHPian

Renault Duster offered with a discount of Rs 1.30 lakh!

This month, Renault is offering benefits of up to Rs. 1.30 lakh on its models. You can get the highest discount if you're in the market for a Duster SUV.

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-0ca0171d9a.jpg

Renault is offering a cash discount of Rs. 50,000, an exchange benefit of Rs. 50,000 and a corporate discount of Rs. 30,000 on the Duster. Kiger customers are being offered a loyalty bonus and corporate discount of Rs. 10,000 each.

Renault is offering benefits of up to Rs. 35,000 on the MY2021 Kwid. This includes a cash discount of Rs. 10,000, an exchange benefit of up to Rs. 15,000 and a corporate discount of up to Rs. 10,000. The MY2022 Kwid is available with benefits of up to Rs. 30,000.

The MY2021 Triber is offered with benefits of up to Rs. 40,000. It includes a cash discount of Rs. 10,000, an exchange bonus of up to Rs. 20,000 and a corporate discount of up to Rs. 10,000. Benefits of up to Rs. 30,000 are being offered the MY2022 Triber.
TusharK is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th January 2022, 12:23   #9000
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuVis View Post
Uh-oh! There comes next round of feature deletions!
Already deleted Wireless charger from the Safari Dark edition

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks