Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2022, 17:29   #9031

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Hey folks,

Been in talks with the dealers in Mumbai for a new BMW 3 series. Looking at the 330i M Sport / M Sport Li.

Here’s what I’ve received thus far:

330i M Sport: INR 58L on-road post discounts
330i M Sport Li: INR 62.5L on-road post discounts

Any idea if these are good deals? Or is there’s scope for more? They’re pressing to close it before the end of this month as they claim prices will be revised (again) from 1st April onwards.

Thanks in advance!
Old 14th March 2022, 10:12   #9032
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

I am being offered a Volvo S60 (2021 MY) for Rs. 52L on-road (original price Rs. 62L).

Do you think it is a good price?

@GRP92,
For the 330i Li, I have got Rs. 63L as the quote in Hyderabad. Are you able to find a 330i (not M version) in Mumbai? I have sent a mail to BMW asking for confirmation.

Cars have become super expensive after price hikes.

Last edited by Aditya : 18th March 2022 at 18:01. Reason: Grammar
niv26 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 14th March 2022, 12:37   #9033
BHPian

hey BHPians,

I am in market for a new BMW X3, but looks like its slim pickings from a discount stand point. They keep quoting about a price hike in April, so i am running against a clock now. Would be keen to know if someone has been successful in negotiating some good discounts, preferably in NCR region.
Old 14th March 2022, 13:49   #9034
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRP92 View Post

330i M Sport: INR 58L on-road post discounts
330i M Sport Li: INR 62.5L on-road post discounts

Any idea if these are good deals?
I think discounts are best in Mumbai for BMWs and these prices are the lowest I have heard of yet. I was looking for a car in the same price range and couldn't manage anything more than 61L for the 330i, 64.5L for the 330i M Sport and 59.3L for the 320d Luxury edition.

So called discounts I was getting was only by the dealer waiving margins on the bloated insurance, excessive handling charges and mandatory accessories.

BMW has been consistently increasing prices on a quarterly basis and a price hike is highly probable. With the new C class expecting to launch in the next 2 quarters at a price of 68L+ OTR, BMW will aim to get the pricing of the 3 series into the same 60s ball park so that the new X1 if and when it launches in 2023, can take over the 50s.
clementj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2022, 14:23   #9035
BHPian

Have prices for used Germans shot up similarly to the price increase of new over the past few years? As i think people who bought one few years back can get a good amount on sale now. At those prices only a few years back we talked about getting 520-530.
Old 14th March 2022, 14:44   #9036

Quote:
Originally Posted by niv26 View Post

@GRP92,
330i Li, I have got 63L as the quote in Hyderabad. Do you able to find 330i (not M version) in Mumbai? I have sent mail to BMW and asking for confirmation.
As per the dealers in Mumbai, the 330i Sport and 330i Luxury Line are not in production and we can only expect the models to come in around June. Possibly due to the chip issue + the impending tax hike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clementj View Post

I think discounts are best in Mumbai for BMWs and these prices are the lowest I have heard of yet. I was looking for a car in the same price range and couldn't manage anything more than 61L for the 330i, 64.5L for the 330i M Sport and 59.3L for the 320d Luxury edition.
Ouch! While I'm still not perfectly thrilled by the prices being offered here, it does seem like the dealers in Mumbai have passed on a decent amount. Still trying to push them for more
Old 14th March 2022, 17:52   #9037
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRP92 View Post
the impending tax hike
What is this tax hike you are talking about, can you share a bit more information on it please.
Old 14th March 2022, 17:55   #9038

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
What is this tax hike you are talking about, can you share a bit more information on it please.
This is for Mumbai specifically. As per the showroom here, the registration tax for new vehicles might go up by 5-7% on an Individual registration from April onwards. However, no official communication has been sent out in this regard and could also be a sales tactic.
GRP92 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2022, 18:15   #9039
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechb63 View Post
Check with multiple outlets. Apparently, the GLC 220d is quite abundant in the market and there are a huge number of demo options available across the country. You could get a better price, lower mileage or even the colour to match your needs.
Sadly, the official mercedes dealers do not sell across states anymore. I tried to buy a mercedes certified C class from both Mumbai and Chennai and both have rejected me saying they can only sell if we have an address in that particular state. I think its a new rule since mercedes changed the way their dealerships worked recently with their no inventory model.
Old 14th March 2022, 18:18   #9040
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
Sadly, the official mercedes dealers do not sell across states anymore. I tried to buy a mercedes certified C class from both Mumbai and Chennai and both have rejected me saying they can only sell if we have an address in that particular state. I think its a new rule since mercedes changed the way their dealerships worked recently with their no inventory model.
That rule does exist, but not for demo models. Demo models are still being sold across states.
Old 14th March 2022, 21:05   #9041
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechb63 View Post
That rule does exist, but not for demo models. Demo models are still being sold across states.
Interesting so does this mean that these cars can be registered in whichever state you want? Or is it only for pre-owned or already registered demo cars? I see quite a lot of cars at good prices but many of them, I believe are ex-showroom and not OTR, which makes the difference barely a 3-4 lakhs at the most over a brand new model.
Old 15th March 2022, 11:46   #9042
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
Interesting so does this mean that these cars can be registered in whichever state you want? Or is it only for pre-owned or already registered demo cars? I see quite a lot of cars at good prices but many of them, I believe are ex-showroom and not OTR, which makes the difference barely a 3-4 lakhs at the most over a brand new model.
With the retail of the future model in place, dealers find themselves in a very comfortable position. AFAIK until March you are going to get 2.5 Lakh discount on a GLC 220d, 1.5 Lakh discount on a GLC 200. These discount figures will further drop post-March and expect MB to also add a price hike from the 1st of April.

Knowing that customers can not get more than this, dealers are able to pass off their demo cars at a relatively lower discount.

and yes, the prices quoted are ex-showroom. You would have to pay the cost of registration, insurance and TCS on top of that. No MB dealer would register their demo vehicle.
Mechb63 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2022, 16:57   #9043
Senior - BHPian

Tata Nexon EV prices hiked by Rs. 25,000

Tata Motors has increased the prices of all the variants of the Nexon EV by Rs. 25,000.

The Nexon EV is available in five variants - XM, XZ+, XZ+ LUX, Dark XZ+ and Dark XZ+ LUX with prices now starting at Rs. 14.54 lakh (ex-showroom).

The Nexon EV uses a 127 BHP electric motor that is powered by a 30.2 kWh battery pack. The car has an ARAI certified maximum range of 312 km on a single charge (MIDC cycle).

Tata Motors is also working on a long-range version of the car with a larger battery. It is rumoured to be scheduled for a launch later this year.

Tata Nexon EV ex-showroom prices:
  • XM - Rs. 14.54 lakh
  • XZ+ - Rs. 15.95 lakh
  • XZ+ LUX - Rs. 16.95 lakh
  • Dark XZ+ - Rs. 16.29 lakh
  • Dark XZ+ LUX - Rs. 17.15 lakh
TusharK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th March 2022, 00:55   #9044
BHPian

Just when you think the prices of electric vehicles are extremly high . Tata Motors goes for an extreme price hike.
Sarinkrc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2022, 12:01   #9045
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Audi India has increased the prices of its models by up to 3% across its model range.
Audi India has started offering mouth-watering discounts on its Comprehensive Service Value package (both 4 yrs + 5 yrs package) on the A4, for its Premium Plus and Technology variants.
Last I heard, they are ready to bundle the package as a freebie if the entire payment is done in March.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks