Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2022, 22:03   #9061
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by FamilyTraveller View Post
Unless you are fully invoiced by BMW (or in some cases even delivered) the hike will be passed on to the customer. This is how BMW has been operating in India. So if you closing the deal before price hike pls get a commitment on price protection if the delivery cannot happen before the price hike.
I doubt this is true for dealer invoiced cars. During such price hikes, dealers tend to get some stock from their own kitty cause they know it will move in another 10 - 15 days. So they would have already invoiced it to BMW and such cars should have the margin for negotiation.
Old 23rd March 2022, 12:16   #9062
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Any idea on the discounts on the Tucson, given that the new gen is already getting road tested.
Old 26th March 2022, 12:54   #9063
Senior - BHPian

Toyota Kirloskar to hike vehicle prices by up to 4% from April

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-5b99891204154f208be4e4afa6072013.jpeg

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.econo...w/90456215.cms
SnS_12 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 26th March 2022, 21:35   #9064
Senior - BHPian

BMW to increase prices of all models by up to 3.5%

BMW India has announced a price hike of up to 3.5% across its model range effective April 1, 2022.

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-bmw-5-series.jpg

BMW will be increasing the prices to adjust the material and logistics costs, the impact of the current geopolitical situation and exchange rates.

BMW's CKD range includes the 2 Series Gran Coupe, 3 Series, 3 Series Gran Limousine, M340i, 5 Series, 6 Series Gran Turismo, 7 Series, X1, X3, X4, X5, X7 and the Mini Countryman.

Models like the 8 Series Gran Coupe, X6, Z4, M2 Competition, M5 Competition, M8 Coupe, X3 M, X5 M and the iX electric SUV are imported as completely built units (CBU).
TusharK is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 27th March 2022, 09:38   #9065
BHPian

Do BMW and Volvo allow purchasing cars from outside your location / state? If either one does, what location/area is best in terms of negotiation on pricing? I'm in the market for a 220i M Sport or a S60.

Last edited by rav1up : 27th March 2022 at 10:03.
Old 27th March 2022, 10:23   #9066
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rav1up View Post
Do BMW and Volvo allow purchasing cars from outside your location / state? If either one does, what location/area is best in terms of negotiation on pricing? I'm in the market for a 220i M Sport or a S60.
Definitely not BMW. Usually very strict about in-state sales, unless you can get a NOC from your state dealer explicitly mentioning that the latter cannot supply the desired vehicle within a reasonable timeframe.

Even then it is iffy I believe.
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2022, 10:41   #9067
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rav1up View Post
BMW allows only on CBU models. But on CKD, both Volvo & BMW does not. It's not a correct thing but guess with weak customer laws, probably someone needs to escalate and take them to task in EU.

2 series is not a fast-moving car, so you can negotiate better with the dealer. Not sure about S60 either but I assume, SUVs are "in" these days

220i and S60, probably too far apart, what makes you consider either of these? Though this is not a thread for such discussions, perhaps you can post in detail in relevant.
Turbanator is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 27th March 2022, 10:56   #9068
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
220i and S60, probably too far apart, what makes you consider either of these? Though this is not a thread for such discussions, perhaps you can post in detail in relevant.
Looking to add a small-ish sedan to complement the Compass while waiting for EV6.

Was waiting for the new A3, but looks like Audi will get the Q3 before A3. A Class pricing does not make much sense to me. Would have preferred the XE, but they don't offer the R Dynamic trim here.

So, next available vehicle is S60. That too is not offered in R Design trim, but I'm glad they offer Inscription instead of Momentum trim. So, I'll take what I can get.

My pricing reference is US, and I think S60 and 220i are least in markup over other markets and they offer their higher trims. So from a value perspective, these two made sense to me.
rav1up is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th March 2022, 07:47   #9069
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnS_12 View Post
Toyota Kirloskar to hike vehicle prices by up to 4% from April
Soon the X3 30i will be cheaper than the Legender 4x4 AT going by Toyota's recent trends. I feel like 2017 Fortuner owners could trade it in the weight of gold in the next decade or so
vredesbyrd is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th March 2022, 09:04   #9070
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vredesbyrd View Post
Soon the X3 30i will be cheaper than the Legender 4x4 AT going by Toyota's recent trends. I feel like 2017 Fortuner owners could trade it in the weight of gold in the next decade or so
All manufacturers will be increasing costs and not just Toyota. Toyota increased their prices last in Jan 2022 and the raw material shortages is going to push up prices even higher, so this is definitely not the last time they will do it this year.

If a person wants to buy a new car then this is the time as inflation will just continue eating up into the purchasing power and price of goods will continue increasing on the other hand and with chip shortages manufacturers will be forced to cut down on features as well.

For existing owners its good news as their cars will command a higher value in the used car market.
SnS_12 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2022, 12:05   #9071
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
BMW to increase prices of all models by up to 3.5%

BMW India has announced a price hike of up to 3.5% across its model range effective April 1, 2022.
SpaceX will reach Mars someday. But the way BMW is jacking up its prices, it could be there sooner!
Gotham_City is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 28th March 2022, 12:06   #9072
BHPian

Gulp. I just booked a Toyota Fortuner on 26th. Any idea if the old prices will hold for me (per dealer, allotment will happen only in April). Does anyone have any experience with Toyota as this may be a manufacturer specific thing? Thanks in advance.
Old 1st April 2022, 20:46   #9073
BHPian

Legender 4x4 AT - hiked by 1.2 lakh. Earlier hike was 1.1 lakh. 44.63 ex-showroom!
Fortuner 4x4 AT - hiked by 75k. 40.03 ex-showroom.
Too depressed to see the hike for other models.
Yes, they just made enough space to justify the Hilux’s pricing. Yes, they really should slap the Lexus badge on it now.
Hashed is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st April 2022, 21:28   #9074
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashed View Post
Legender 4x4 AT - hiked by 1.2 lakh. Earlier hike was 1.1 lakh. 44.63 ex-showroom!
Fortuner 4x4 AT - hiked by 75k. 40.03 ex-showroom.
Too depressed to see the hike for other models.
Yes, they just made enough space to justify the Hilux’s pricing. Yes, they really should slap the Lexus badge on it now.
With the Endeavour gone, they can get away with this obscene pricing. Personally I'd be looking at the Tiguan if was spending this much.
Old 2nd April 2022, 06:01   #9075
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashed View Post
Any idea if the old prices will hold for me (per dealer, allotment will happen only in April).
Sorry but you will not be getting the old prices.
Kartikaygaur is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks