Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2022, 17:13   #9106
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)
Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Hyundai hikes prices of the Venue, Creta & Alcazar SUVs

Hyundai has silently increased the prices of the Venue, Creta and Alcazar SUVs.
At least on TeamBHP, can we properly call these vehicles 'crossovers' instead of the overzealous misnomer SUV?
lemedico is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th May 2022, 22:06   #9107
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

does anyone have any details over the availability of Nissan Kicks or discounts on it?
Old 5th May 2022, 03:57   #9108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI07 View Post
does anyone have any details over the availability of Nissan Kicks or discounts on it?
As per Pune dealer, it is made to order, so you get it within a month after booking. The discount was around 1L last month.
Old 6th May 2022, 13:57   #9109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritesh.patel View Post
I had booked TATA Altroz on 4th Apr.
As per dealership, price protection is applicable only if car is allotted by Apr end. I didn't get the allotment, hence new prices will be applicable now.
You were right, received call from dealer where they confirmed only cars allotted till 30th April are eligible for price protection. Now just hoping they allocate it quickly before any further price hike.
autoweirdo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2022, 15:32   #9110
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai hikes prices of the Santro, Grand i10 Nios & i20

Hyundai has increased the prices of the Santro, Grand i10 Nios and i20. Depending on the model, prices have gone up by Rs 3,000 - 9,000.

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-i20-2-1.jpg

Prices of the Santro have been increased by Rs 4,000 for the Era, Executive, Magna and Sportz trims. While the prices of the AMT variants remain unchanged, the Asta trim as well as the CNG variants now cost Rs 3,000 more. Hyundai has discontinued the Magna and Asta AMT variants.

Prices of the Grand i10 Nios have been increased by up to Rs 10,000. Except for the Era Petrol and Asta Petrol trims, all other variants get a hike of Rs 9,000. The Diesel Magna variant has been discontinued.

Finally, all variants of the i20, except for the Asta Petrol AT and Asta 1.0L Turbo DCT now cost Rs 5,000 more.
Old 6th May 2022, 16:02   #9111
BHPian

Quote:
Hyundai hikes prices of the Santro, Grand i10 Nios & i20

Prices of the Santro have been increased by Rs 4,000 for the Era, Executive, Magna and Sportz trims. While the prices of the AMT variants remain unchanged, the Asta trim as well as the CNG variants now cost Rs 3,000 more. Hyundai has discontinued the Magna and Asta AMT variants.
I think the discontinuation of the Magna and Asta AMT variants has been on the cards for a while now. When I was exploring new car options in March this year, my SA from Advaith Hyundai ORR Bangalore kept dissuading me from considering the Santro AMT because he had heard that a lot of Santro AMT variants were getting axed.
Old 6th May 2022, 17:31   #9112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Finally, all variants of the i20, except for the Asta Petrol AT and Asta 1.0L Turbo DCT now cost Rs 5,000 more.
Asta Petrol IVT is around 9.96 ex-showroom, if they increase the price, the on-road price (in Bangalore atleast) will go up by another ~80k due to high tax > 10 lakhs. Guess that's the reason for not increasing its price.

Last edited by sunikkat : 6th May 2022 at 17:32.
Old 6th May 2022, 19:13   #9113

Doe the price hike still apply if your dealer already provided you the VIN/Chassis Numbers, and you are about to do a PDI?
Old 6th May 2022, 20:16   #9114

Here is the new price list for Grand i10 Nios from the dealer.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf PRICE LIST GRAND i10 Nios DT 01.05.2022.pdf (74.9 KB, 394 views)
DinDinWo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2022, 16:00   #9115
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Verna, Aura prices hiked by up to Rs. 13,000

Hyundai has increased the prices of the Verna and Aura by up to Rs. 13,000.

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-hyundai_verna_sedan_gallery_pc_1120x600_1.jpg

The Hyundai Aura now costs Rs. 9,000 more. Prices of all variants of the compact sedan, including both petrol and diesel versions have gone up. The carmaker has also discontinued the Diesel S AMT and Diesel S (O) variants.

Prices of the Verna have been increased by Rs. 9,000-13,000 depending on the variant. The top-spec Petrol SX, Diesel SX and Diesel SX AT variants now cost Rs. 13,000 more.

Hyundai has already increased the prices of the Venue, Creta and Alcazar. On Friday, the carmaker announced revised prices of the Santro, Grand i10 Nios and i20.
Old 7th May 2022, 17:51   #9116
BHPian

I have been offered a 4200km driven unregistered demo audi q2 which was september 2021 billed car by a dealer. The dealer has quoted me 34lakhs on road daman. It’s a premium plus II variant white color and condition looks good. Q2 has been discontinued and there are no new cars available. Is this a good deal? 6 months warranty has already expired on this car and I can pay 60k more to get extended warranty. The car is my20 manufactured He claims car was only used for display seminars and small test drives. What all should I check for in the car before finalizing it? Any inputs will be greatly appreciated. I am on the hunt for a new luxury car since 6 months now and there is no other car which fits this budget bracket so I am kind of leaning towards it. Any inputs will be greatly appreciated. Need to confirm to the dealer by tomorrow
Old 7th May 2022, 19:34   #9117
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by techspark View Post
I am on the hunt for a new luxury car since 6 months now and there is no other car which fits this budget bracket so I am kind of leaning towards it. Any inputs will be greatly appreciated. Need to confirm to the dealer by tomorrow
For 34 lacs I'd highly recommend the Octavia over this demo Q2 unless you really want Quattro or the luxury badge! Larger cabin, humongous boot and upkeep costs will not be eye watering. And then you get a longer warranty coverage as well. Considering you're fine with crossovers do checkout the Compass model S whilst you're shopping. Its a properly premium car without a fancy badge and still manages to retain its own snob value.

Last edited by manson : 7th May 2022 at 19:39.
manson is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2022, 20:13   #9118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
For 34 lacs I'd highly recommend the Octavia over this demo Q2 unless you really want Quattro or the luxury badge! Larger cabin, humongous boot and upkeep costs will not be eye watering. And then you get a longer warranty coverage as well. Considering you're fine with crossovers do checkout the Compass model S whilst you're shopping. Its a properly premium car without a fancy badge and still manages to retain its own snob value.
Thank you for your response. To be honest, It’s my first luxury car and the badge is important to me. I test drove the compass limited model and it was coming upto 29lakh otr, so q2 looks better value to me, although I know compass is a better car in a lot of places. I am not looking for a sedan as I want a compact car for 90% city driving and once a while long trip. Q2 is the only car I am able to fit in under 40L budget. I test drove volvo xc40, bmw x1 and even the gla but the prices of all these cars have sky rocketed. All of them are coming up to around 50L on road and Neither of them were even close to 45 mark for me to consider once. So q2 is the only car I could fit in
Old 7th May 2022, 22:41   #9119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
Asta Petrol IVT is around 9.96 ex-showroom, if they increase the price, the on-road price (in Bangalore atleast) will go up by another ~80k due to high tax > 10 lakhs. Guess that's the reason for not increasing its price.
I am not sure if that's the reason for not increasing the price of Asta Petrol AVT. Because, they have increased the price of Turbo Asta iMT to 10.05 L from 9.99L

Makes absolutely no sense to me. I really wonder if they consider the tax slabs in different states when determining the prices. For Hyundai it is an increase of about 0.6% in this case. However, the buyers are going to see an increase of up to 7% in the road taxes based on the State in which they will be registering the car.

Do car companies do it intentionally? It would be great if someone can throw light on this pricing strategy.
venus1975 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2022, 01:16   #9120
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by techspark View Post
To be honest, It’s my first luxury car and the badge is important to me.
Its good to see you have your priorities sorted out. The Q2 at 34 for a 2020 deno car is definitely expensive considering a member bought one in top end technology trim brand new for low 30s in September last year. And then this car you're considering is a demo vehicle which is most likely used and mildly abused in those 5000 kms.

Since you're open to used, keep an eye out for technology trim 2018-2019 Q3 quattro or an X1 Msport of similar age. Both of these would be much better long termers for their easy availability of spares, etc.

I know you mentioned the brand was important but do also checkout the prices on the Tiguan. Loses a bit of sheen for the badge but is overall a premium offering inside out.
manson is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks