Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2022, 09:10   #9181
Senior - BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Why bother manufacturing them anymore? They are as good as CKD kits. Atleast we will get a higher standard of fit-finish and perhaps build quality.
fhdowntheline is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th July 2022, 11:22   #9182
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)
Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
Why bother manufacturing them anymore? They are as good as CKD kits. Atleast we will get a higher standard of fit-finish and perhaps build quality.
Because Toyota doesn't want to pass any benefit to the customer. Also, CKD will attract a higher tax so for a slightly better build quality, the Fortuner will end up costing about 3-7 Cr on road
vredesbyrd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2022, 11:52   #9183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic90 View Post
You should read my post again. There is a difference between "Politicians and big businessmen buy Fortuner" vs "Only politicians and big businessmen buy Fortuner" People just assume regular job holders can't afford one so it must be black money holders who buy it.
Ah yes, you are right. I just meant that most of the regular job holders don't end up being cash cows for toyota because they don't end up buying it without carefully considering other brands as well and value shopping across the trims. They require more time and effort by the sales team as compared to the average black money holder who just phones a dealership and books a bunch of them at once or will keep buying one by one whichever the latest and costliest model is. It just makes more business sense for toyota to ignore the other customers while tweaking their business model. Mine wasn't a sample size, just an example as to why the people mentioned buy up multiple fortuners as they do.

It's like buying land. Sure, everyone buys it but it is the black money holders/extreme rich that end up setting the price and scaling up the demand so much.
Cresterk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2022, 12:01   #9184
One
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHUJNMC View Post
Pretty soon it will be cheaper to buy a chopper/helicopter than buying a Toyota SUV/MUV (Sarcasm).
I would be interested , any idea of the ride quality of a chopper especially on bad roads...
One is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2022, 12:28   #9185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by One View Post
I would be interested , any idea of the ride quality of a chopper especially on bad roads...
Ride is fantastic especially from the current generation used by top businessmen in Europe (got that from a documentary on TV).

Choppers require a lot of permits and permissions, SUV do not. I would take a chopper any day for any ride of more than 1/2 hour by car.
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2022, 12:42   #9186
Senior - BHPian

Renault Triber offered with a discount of Rs. 84,000

Renault has announced discount offers on its cars for the month of July. The Triber gets the most attractive discount of up to Rs. 84,000.

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-renault_triber_limited-edition.jpg

The Triber is available with a cash discount of Rs. 10,000, an exchange bonus of Rs. 20,000, a corporate discount of Rs. 10,000 and a loyalty bonus of Rs. 44,000.

Renault is also offering a discount of up to Rs. 66,000 on the Kiger. This includes a cash discount of Rs. 10,000 and a loyalty benefit of Rs. 55,000.

The Kwid is one of Renault’s best-selling models in India. The entry-level hatchback comes with a cash discount of Rs. 5,000, an exchange bonus of Rs. 10,000, a corporate discount of Rs. 10,000 and a loyalty bonus of Rs. 37,000. The 1.0L variant of the car is offered with a cash discount of Rs. 5,000, an exchange bonus of Rs. 15,000, a corporate discount of Rs. 10,000 and a loyalty bonus of Rs. 37,000.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2022, 12:52   #9187
BHPian

Does anyone feel that, considering two things:
1. Heavily increased price of the Fortuner
2. Mahindra's new and improved reputation with the XUV700 & ScorpioN

it is perhaps time that the Alturas G4 gets a modern-Mahindra facelift?

PS: I'm a huge fan of the Fortuner, but I'm asking this to understand the market.
rishil.ghurki is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th July 2022, 15:22   #9188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Another massive hike in prices of the Toyota Cars wef. 1st July

60k hike on 4x2 variants of the regular Fortuner irrespective of Petrol or Diesel.
80k hike on 4x4 variants of the regular Fortuner.
1.14L hike on 4x2, 4x4 Legender and GRS variants.

Innova MT Diesel variants receive a price hike of 27k, AT Diesel variants see a hike of 86k. Innova Petrol sees no price hike.
I believe the word Greedy can now have a new synonym 'Toyota'.

Coming to the price hike IMHO Toyota is just creating space to ambitiously price the Urban Cruiser Hyryder.

Also recently (June'22) I was at a Toyota showroom where the sales representative told me that both the strong hybrid version of the above SUV and Innova Crysta will be the most expensive trims of both the models. He also said that the new Innova will be strong hybrid petrol with a monocoque chassis while the BOF Innova will sell alongside it. The new Innova announcement and the customer delivery of the Hyryder will both start around Diwali. According to him, the Innova hybrid will get a monocoque as it is more space-efficient compared to the BOF for accommodating the hybrid system.
AROO7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2022, 00:00   #9189
BHPian

Hello everyone,

I’m in the market for a new car and have been considering the Lexus ES 300h Luxury and BMW X5 XSport 40i.

Wanted help in knowing a couple of things:
  1. Are any discounts possible at the moment on either of these models?
  2. X5 Xsport 40i is said to be available only in 2 colours - white and Blue. Is that indeed a limitation or get a black one may be possible as well?

Thanks in advance!

Ps: I’m based in Delhi.
Old 7th July 2022, 02:11   #9190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchit.j View Post
Hello everyone,

I’m in the market for a new car and have been considering the Lexus ES 300h Luxury and BMW X5 XSport 40i.

Wanted help in knowing a couple of things:
  2. X5 Xsport 40i is said to be available only in 2 colours - white and Blue. Is that indeed a limitation or get a black one may be possible as well?

Thanks in advance!

Ps: I’m based in Delhi.
    Currently there is minimal or no discounts on BMW X5 sport 40i due to the supply chain issues and BMW is not carrying much inventory at the moment. Current generation has been a success worldwide so they are running lower inventory levels.
    Try to check with the dealer or directly BMW customer service if they can provide exterior colors offered from the Luxury line / Msport variants as well. If they are made to order scenario then I hope that BMW would be able to accommodate your request. Same applies to the interior combination as well. Only thing your waiting period may be extended a bit more.

Comparing the 2 vehicles, I believe the X5 has more to offer than the ES 300h in terms of the overall package and long term ownership. Engine / transmission wise also it is unfair to compare the 2 and BMW is a winner for sure. Price wise ES300h cheaper.
Test drive both vehicles and if you dont mind the extra expense, go for X5.
Let us know how it goes, all the best!

Last edited by nikhil_pon : 7th July 2022 at 02:12.
nikhil_pon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th July 2022, 15:10   #9191
Senior - BHPian

Jeep Compass prices hiked by up to Rs. 35,000

Jeep has increased the price of the Compass by up to Rs. 35,000.

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-newjeepcompass2021adeeperrestylingthanitlooks.jpeg

Except for the Sport 2.0L Diesel, which now costs Rs. 25,000 more, prices of all variants have gone up by Rs. 35,000,

The Jeep Compass has received two price hikes in the last three months alone. In April, Jeep had announced an increase of Rs. 25,000 across the Compass model range.

The Jeep Compass is available in six variants – Sport, Longitude, Night Eagle, Limited, Model S and Trailhawk. The SUV is offered with two engine options, including a 2.0-litre diesel producing 168 BHP and 350 Nm and a 1.4-litre turbo-petrol that makes 156 BHP and 250 Nm.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 7th July 2022 at 15:11.
TusharK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2022, 15:20   #9192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishil.ghurki View Post
it is perhaps time that the Alturas G4 gets a modern-Mahindra facelift?
The G4 Alturas as far as I know is assigned to the pages of history, it's not coming back since Mahindra and SsangYong are no longer partners. What I am confused is how come the Tivoli is still selling here as the XUV300. Maybe they had some last minute negotiations|adjustments that allowed Mahindra to sell the XUV300.

There was a huge rumour that the ScorpioN is actually a facelift of the Alturas, what with them wanting to target the D Segment!, but now that rumour is laid to rest.

There was no faulting the Alturas, Mahindra should have sold it without a margin to make it a success, the public was not comfortable plonking that much of money on the Alturas because of perception issues.
TheARUN is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th July 2022, 16:27   #9193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
The G4 Alturas as far as I know is assigned to the pages of history, it's not coming back since Mahindra and SsangYong are no longer partners. What I am confused is how come the Tivoli is still selling here as the XUV300. Maybe they had some last minute negotiations|adjustments that allowed Mahindra to sell the XUV300.

There was a huge rumour that the ScorpioN is actually a facelift of the Alturas, what with them wanting to target the D Segment!, but now that rumour is laid to rest.

There was no faulting the Alturas, Mahindra should have sold it without a margin to make it a success, the public was not comfortable plonking that much of money on the Alturas because of perception issues.
That's kind of sad to hear. I actually was not aware of the Mahindra-SsangYong partnership for the Alturas G4 and only recently found out about the Tivoli as the XUV300. For the XUV300, I believe that Mahindra is working on a ground-up EV, as a competition to the Nexon EV, but I think they would need to take it up a notch with the ICE 300 if they want to compete with the Nexon!

As for the Alturas though, I feel like it's better times now for Mahindra, as people's perception has improved about the brand, and I guess the XUV700 AWD costing 30L OTR has helped increase brand-value. Also, market trends show that consumers want better-made interiors and an extra level of convenience and comfort features, which the Alturas was offering, better than its competition, in its time, if I'm not wrong.

Do you think that people would be willing to pay that much money now, if Mahindra chooses to launch it, perhaps with an existing platform architecture?
rishil.ghurki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2022, 20:37   #9194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
What is the point of selling any product without margins? The only reason would be to prove a point that they are capable of making good products. Guess Mahindra has already proven themselves here. Also, margins are needed to keep any business going and the investors happy. Would we put our money and / or efforts in a business which sold some of their product portfolio with no margins? Highly unlikely.

The Alturas G4, is a good vehicle. Saying this since a known person owns one and I have experienced it multiple times.

It would be great if Mahindra is able to keep the Alturas G4 alive with some other moniker or get an equivalent to replace the Alturas G4.
If they do that, they would have a good product lineup starting with the XUV300, Scorpio, ScorpioN, XUV500, XUV700 and then the Alturas G4 (or some other name that they may prefer), not to forget the THAR, thereby giving customers options in multiple budgets. With a choice of Fuel (Petrol/Diesel), competent engines, potent transmission options and 4x4 / AWD being available in almost all their offerings (except for XUV300), it could be a good strategy.
MS_Auto is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2022, 16:34   #9195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Another massive hike in prices of the Toyota Cars wef. 1st July

60k hike on 4x2 variants of the regular Fortuner irrespective of Petrol or Diesel.
80k hike on 4x4 variants of the regular Fortuner.
1.14L hike on 4x2, 4x4 Legender and GRS variants.

Innova MT Diesel variants receive a price hike of 27k, AT Diesel variants see a hike of 86k. Innova Petrol sees no price hike.

Vellfire sees a price hike of 1.8L.
Who said cars were a depreciating asset?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks