Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2021, 20:17   #8431
Senior - BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavSam View Post
People can wait that long for a car! 9 months for the delivery! No wonder you'll treat it as your baby

I think you will receive it much before that. The usual quoted waiting period is inflated 2-4 times (genuinely in very few cases) since without stock, it's just a dead booking and the sales people really hate the refund process as much as the buyer does.
I have no choice. In 11.5 Lakhs I am getting Zxi+ which has almost all features I need. It's only 7 seater available in that price. Ertiga is best value for money car available in market.

No chance i will get it sooner. Recently my in laws got their Wagon R delivered after 5 months, now with shutdown and Corona, it will be more only. Anyway in next 6 months i won't need it much due to Covid, so I am ok
aniketi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2021, 22:30   #8432
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by godhatesmyguts View Post
Hi,

I am in the market for used Toyota Fortuner 4x4 Automatic, but came across an unregistered Compass Trailhawk 4x4 in White Colour. It is of course brand new but is 2020 model. The dealer has offered me a discount of 2 Lakhs ex showroom. What could be the ideal discount I could push him for ? also does it make sense to go in for a Trailhawk ? BTW I do not require 7 seats.

Thanks.
It's a no no brainer, I would blindly going for a new car especially when used fortuner in clean condition is almost impossible to come across. Moreover since your requirement does not factor in the seven seat configuration I would suggest you to go and for the compass. It's all wheel drive might not be as capable as a fortuner but should still do the job across 99.99% of the terrains thrown at it.
Old 5th June 2021, 18:50   #8433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by godhatesmyguts View Post
Hi,

I am in the market for used Toyota Fortuner 4x4 Automatic, but came across an unregistered Compass Trailhawk 4x4 in White Colour. It is of course brand new but is 2020 model. The dealer has offered me a discount of 2 Lakhs ex showroom. What could be the ideal discount I could push him for ? also does it make sense to go in for a Trailhawk ? BTW I do not require 7 seats.

Thanks.
I thought they did not make any Trailhawks in 2020. Do check on year of manufacture. Also, Trailhawks were being offered at 3 lakh discounts last year. Situation is different though- with the 2021 Compass now being more expensive, maybe discounts have come down on older models.

I would anyday buy a new vehicle over used. The Trailhawk is a gem of a SUV. Do a thorough PDI.
Old 6th June 2021, 17:49   #8434
BHPian

Audi has silently increased the prices of the A4 and A6.

REALLY SURPRISING... Instead of reducing the prices, Even Audi IN with all India sales of 75+ vehicles in the month of April 2021 has the bravery of increasing the prices of their A4 and A6 sedan by nearly 1L.
Wonder whether the discounts have also increased equally or not.

The new prices:

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-screenshot_20210606165039__01.jpg

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-screenshot_20210606165059__01.jpg

P.S. Not sure, but there might be changes in the prices of the other models of Audi IN, as well.
sampadroy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2021, 11:15   #8435
Senior - BHPian

Renault car prices hiked by up to Rs 39,000

Renault India has silently increased prices across its entire product lineup. The price hike ranges between Rs 7,000 to Rs 39,000, depending on the model and variant.

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-renaultkwid.jpg

Prices for the Renault Kwid now start at Rs 3.32 lakh and goes up to Rs 5.48 lakh (ex-showroom). The entry-level variants of the Kwid have received a higher price hike of up to Rs 14,000, while the mid and top-spec trims get a price increase of Rs 9,000. The Neotech edition of the Kwid gets a price hike of Rs 7,000.

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-renaultkiger.jpg

Starting prices of the Renault Kiger have increased from Rs 5.45 lakh to Rs 5.64 lakh; translating to a Rs 19,000 hike. The mid-spec variants receive a Rs 9,000 price hike, while the higher-spec CVT-equipped RXT and RXZ trims get a more significant hike of Rs 39,000. The top-spec Renault Kiger now comes with a price tag of Rs 10.08 lakh (ex-showroom).

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-renaulttriber.jpg

The Renault Triber MPV is now priced between Rs 5.50 lakh to Rs 7.95 lakh. The entry-level 'RXE' trim receives the highest price increase of Rs 20,000, while the remaining variants get a Rs 13,000 hike.

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-renaultduster.jpg

The Duster SUV has received a standard price hike of Rs 13,000 across all its variants. Prices for the Renault Duster now start at Rs 9.86 lakh with the top-end trim now retailing at Rs 14.25 lakh (ex-showroom).

Link to Team-BHP news
RahulNagaraj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th June 2021, 12:50   #8436
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampadroy View Post
The only manufacturer which is acting opposite in the market, when the others are only busy increasing the prices...
-----Volvo XC40 attracts a discount of up to Rs 3.26 lakh in May 2021

https://www.carwale.com/news/volvo-x...h-in-may-2021/

This might be the GLA effect though...a big difference of 4.11L!
Are there any better deals going on for XC40 currently?

Someone I know, is getting a 2021 car for 46.8L OTR Bangalore. Is it a good deal?

He is smitten by Volvo and may not want to explore other options unless there are very lucrative deals available.
Old 7th June 2021, 13:57   #8437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Are there any better deals going on for XC40 currently?

Someone I know, is getting a 2021 car for 46.8L OTR Bangalore. Is it a good deal?

He is smitten by Volvo and may not want to explore other options unless there are very lucrative deals available.
Last I was talking to a Delhi dealer and the discount was around 3.3L (direct reduction from ex-showroom) and Volvo is apparently offering this discount all over India. Volvo also has a region-specific sales model hence, a Bangalore customer won't be able to purchase the car from Delhi or any other region. The dealer also mentioned there's a waiting of 1.5months on the car, which I don't really believe because the XC40 is a CKD Unit now, it's no longer a CBU Unit.

Speaking of the offer, if I'm not wrong, the discount is nearly about 6L (on OTR Bangalore). It is good but I would try to negotiate even further and bring the OTR as close as possible to the Ex-showroom price which is 41.25L. The reasons being, Volvo XC40 is a slow mover, and with the launch of the "overpriced" Merc GLA, XC40 can be negotiated even further. Also, in the CY End months (Nov-Dec), these cars are sold at a minimum discount of 10L if not more, ofc depending upon the availability.
Do try finding out other details like the VIN and also if other cars are there in the dealer inventory, maybe the dealer is having a hard time moving those cars already in his inventory. These points should help in negotiating even further.
Also, as far as I know, Volvo doesn't have any Service packages like the Germans, and even if they have it's exorbitantly priced. Another point to be kept in mind is the comparatively lower resale value of XC40 against its German rivals. Hence, the cost of acquisition of the Volvo XC40 should be kept as low as possible.

In other options, MB GLA is available but hardly any discounts on that "extremely overpriced" machine. BMW X1 can be a good option with good discounts as it is nearing the end of its life cycle and with the new GLA launch and XC40 on the other end, it'll have a hard time finding buyers now. IF open to sedans, A4 is available with good discounts (E.g. 9-10L minimum in Delhi-NCR).

Hope this detailed answer helps! That being said, XC40 is a promising car in the segment, Best of luck if he goes ahead with the purchase!
sampadroy is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 7th June 2021, 14:00   #8438
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki Nexa discounts for June 2021. Maruti Suzuki is offering a special discount of Rs 3,000 on online purchases.

Maruti Suzuki Baleno
Up to Rs 41,000 off

Maruti Suzuki Ignis
Up to Rs 41,000 off

Maruti Suzuki S-Cross
Up to Rs 38,000 off

Maruti Suzuki Ciaz
Up to Rs 23,000 off

Maruti Suzuki XL6
Up to Rs 6,000 off

Source
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2021, 17:48   #8439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
I have no choice. In 11.5 Lakhs I am getting Zxi+ which has almost all features I need. It's only 7 seater available in that price. Ertiga is best value for money car available in market.

No chance i will get it sooner. Recently my in laws got their Wagon R delivered after 5 months, now with shutdown and Corona, it will be more only. Anyway in next 6 months i won't need it much due to Covid, so I am ok
You should be able to get it early as you booked Zxi+ and that is one of the least booked variants of Ertiga. I booked the same variant on 28th Feb and got it delivered on 22nd Mar. I do have to do some follow-ups, it will help if you can call their TSM. His number is listed on the dealership board.

It's a different story that even after an early delivery, I have done 240 km till now because of the current situation.
Old 9th June 2021, 12:48   #8440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampadroy View Post
Audi has silently increased the prices of the A4 and A6.
Received this offer today, from Audi Mumbai West:

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-screenshot_20210609123152__01.jpg

I guess currently the discounts are in the range of 9-10L on the A4 (ofc, can be negotiated further). Let's see what will be the range of discounts this year-end and how Audi performs this year with its new launches lined up!
sampadroy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2021, 11:46   #8441
BHPian

Interested in BMW330i M sport and Hyderabad dealer is quoting 60L OTR ( zero discount ). I was always of the opinion that it should be atleast 10% discount on OTR. Any idea on other cities ? I am definitely not going to pay 60L for a 330i m sport with 0% discount.
sudhir3127 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2021, 11:50   #8442
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhir3127 View Post
Interested in BMW330i M sport and Hyderabad dealer is quoting 60L OTR ( zero discount ). I was always of the opinion that it should be atleast 10% discount on OTR. Any idea on other cities ? I am definitely not going to pay 60L for a 330i m sport with 0% discount.
Lack of discounts in my opinion is due to low stock availability.
If you can wait, discounts should start trickling in.

As an option, can even ask for deals on pre-LCI G30 5 series if they have any in stock. Discounts would be bigger given the facelift is around the corner.
lamborghini is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2021, 12:07   #8443
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
If you can wait, discounts should start trickling in.
This year Diwali is in first week of November, hence the festive discounts and year end discounts would overlap. This might be a good thing.

However, MBIL's new sales strategy can change the discount scenario across luxury brands. It's also the right time for other brands to take advantage of any gaps that the market leader MBIL leaves.
Sahil is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st June 2021, 13:25   #8444
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki to hike car prices in Q3 amid rise in input costs

Maruti Suzuki to hike car prices in Q3 amid rise in input costs
Source : TOI Auto

Quote:
"Over the past year, the cost of the company's vehicles continue to be adversely impacted due to increase in various input costs. Hence, it has become imperative for the company to pass on some impact of the above additional cost to customers through a price rise," Maruti Suzuki India said in a regulatory filing...

The company did not reveal the quantum of the proposed price hike...

On April 16, Maruti Suzuki announced the weighted average price increase in ex-Showroom Prices (Delhi) across models of 1.6 per cent.

On January 18 this year, the automaker had announced price hike of select models by up to Rs 34,000 due to rise in input costs.
So, not just fuel cost, vehicle customers are being hit at upfront cost as well.
Old 21st June 2021, 15:48   #8445
Senior - BHPian

Maruti to hike prices of its cars in July 2021

Maruti Suzuki plans to increase the prices of its cars from July 2021. While the carmaker is yet to disclose the extent of the price hike, it will vary depending on the model.

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-marutialtobig.jpg

Maruti Suzuki, in its regulatory filing, has stated that the cost of the company's vehicles has been adversely impacted due to an increase in input cost. Hence it has become imperative for the company to pass on some impact of the additional cost to the customers.

This will be the third price hike by Maruti Suzuki this year. The carmaker had previously increased the prices of its products in January. Prices were hiked again in the month of April due to rising input costs.
TusharK is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks