Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2021, 18:40   #8476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_v12 View Post
Is the 320D a demo car?

46L is okay if it is a 2021 diesel. If it is a 2020 diesel or 2021 petrol, bargain a tad-bit more, closer to ₹45L is what you'd want to spend on one of these.
320D indeed is a demo car, I should have mentioned it. 330i is expected to arrive at the showroom (once production resumes ) and I am planning to take TD of the same.

X1 is xdrive Petrol 2021 for 46L OTR including 3 year BSI and extended warranty for 3rd year.

Mods: apologies for back-to-back posts, tried merging it but not able to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampadroy View Post
Also, do keep in mind that the new-gen X1 would be launching very soon globally and this current-gen is the oldest in its competition, right now. When the stock levels are back to normal after a few months and also when the pent-up demand in the market is over, the X1 (brand new, MY2021) should be easily available at such discounts, and given the year-end months, it'll make the case of negotiation even stronger (more discounts as the whole market will be operating on discounts in Nov-Dec).

Take a wise call and do negotiate hard! Remember the dealer is trying to move this old car hence, you've got the upper hand in negotiations here!
Thank you for the detailed inputs.

X1 Petrol xdrive MY2021 for 46L with 3 year BSI & 3rd year extended warranty.

X1 Diesel xdrive MY2020 (0 kms) at stockyard is 47L with 3 year BSI & 3rd year extended.

I have also heard the whisper that BMW is planning to bring out a X1 Technology variant soon, with a bigger 10.2 touchscreens, 18" wheels, wireless charger etc. Couldn't get the pricing confirmed.

As per SA (hence, with a pinch of salt) new X1 wouldn't be coming out in the year 2022 and the new launch should happen in 2023.

I am planning to visit the showroom once again and shall update about the developments.

Last edited by vb-saan : 7th July 2021 at 06:35. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged. Please use multi-quote option when replying to multiple posts. Thank you!
Old 6th July 2021, 19:16   #8477
BANNED

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsynch View Post
Thank you for the detailed inputs.

X1 Diesel xdrive MY2020 (0 kms) at stockyard is 47L with 3 year BSI & 3rd year extended.

I have also heard the whisper that BMW is planning to bring out a X1 Technology variant soon, with a bigger 10.2 touchscreens, 18" wheels, wireless charger etc. Couldn't get the pricing confirmed.

As per SA (hence, with a pinch of salt) new X1 wouldn't be coming out in the year 2022 and the new launch should happen in 2023.

I am planning to visit the showroom once again and shall update about the developments.
I believe you mean to say sDrive as all xDrive variants of X1 have been discontinued with the facelift. It looks like a decent deal but not amazing by any means. Wait till September to November for best discounts if you can.
I would not bother with 18 inch wheels on X1 as it is a known point of issue with common tyre bursts because of lower profile in that size. That's the reason they switched to 17s in most variants. But i guess some of the kit that went missing with the Msport variant may come back.
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2021, 19:24   #8478
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
I believe you mean to say sDrive as all xDrive variants of X1 have been discontinued with the facelift.
My apologies, it is sDrive 20i xLine and sDrive 20d xLine respectively.

I agree on the wheel size, 17"would be better than 18" especially with RFTs.
Old 6th July 2021, 20:01   #8479
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Was this at Infinity or Navnit BMW?

And IIRC the M-Sport trim for the X1 20d was recently discontinued. So a new Technology trim would be welcome, but they should offer it for the Petrol as well!
CEF_Beasts is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2021, 20:20   #8480
BHPian

Quote:
320D indeed is a demo car, I should have mentioned it. 330i is expected to arrive at the showroom (once production resumes ) and I am planning to take TD of the same.

If it's indeed a Demo Car, 51L OTR is wayyy too high and I wouldn't even think of spending that much. I would hardly shell out 44L max for such a car and I would ask you the same, too. Honestly, if the dealer doesn't budge, better to stay away from this deal because it won't make any financial sense to pay a single rupee more for a MY2020, 3K already done, demo 320d.
In just a few months and especially in the year-end months, you'll be able to get a brand new 330i Sport at a lot cheaper price than this, OTR, all-inclusive! The "good old discounts" and higher scopes of negotiations will kick in as soon as the pent-up demand in the market clears out and the stock availability situation improves. Better to wait and take a plunge for the 330i Sport in Nov/Dec. Having personally driven the 330i Sport can tell you for sure that it's a MAD MACHINE!

Quote:

These prices are too high, simply! Please negotiate hard.
If you want to make a deal right now, try bringing the Petrol MY2021 X1 at around 42-43L OTR.
The Diesel MY2020 X1 must've been lying in the dealer stockyard for quite sometime now, please be careful and make sure everything is perfect. Also, 47L is a lot for a 2020 manufactured car. Do try negotiating harder by mentioning this very point and don't even bother paying more than 43-44L OTR max for this car.

The X1 is the oldest of the lot and also the most dated in its competition too. Pretty sure X1 would see high discounts this year-end and that is the only possible way to gather sales for this old, dated product. So you might just as well get a brand new MY2021 X1 at around 44/45L OTR, by negotiating well in Nov/Dec.

The rumor regarding the X1 Tech variant/update might be true because the car badly needs an update to even survive in the competition. The Merc GLA, Volvo XC40, and the to-be-launched Audi Q3 are way more advanced than this current-gen X1.

The global launch of the new-gen BMW X1 is going to happen very soon and high chance the India launch might also happen soon after that (my bet would be the second half of 2022) because the X1 is a "bread-and-butter" product for BMW India. Even with high discounts and slight tweaks, the current-gen X1 will definitely have a hard time finding buyers now and the news of the global launch of the new-gen would make things only worse. So pretty sure that the new-gen would be launched in India, as soon as possible otherwise BMW would be losing a lot of sales in India.
sampadroy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th July 2021, 01:07   #8481
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake View Post
Try with Audi Gurugram. You should get it at that price. And try getting the Premium variant which will reduce the price considerably.
I am even okay with the Standard variant as the safety features are the most important to me and glad to know they are the same across all variants. Will it feasible to purchase the car from Gurugram and register it in Mumbai? Will there be any issues faced in the future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
Audi South Delhi is offering Q2@35 odd lakhs without negotiation. Easily knock off few lakhs.

I know a few people incase somebody is interested.
I am interested. How can I contact you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4_attitude View Post
Just in case you are comfortable with used Q2, there is one listed today at BBT premium plus 20/21 model, 1500 kms color: Blue
At this point I am not comfortable with a used car I want to buy a new one
Old 8th July 2021, 09:24   #8482
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra price hike announced for entire product portfolio wef July 6, 2021

Source: Rushlane

Outraging price hike for Mahindra Thar . Wasn't it already costly for what it offers ? Mahindra is really milking the popularity of Thar.

Quote:
Mahindra Thar variants are now costlier in the range of 32k to 92k...

Mahindra Scorpio 2 percent price hike depending on variant...

Mahindra Bolero is costlier by 2-3 percent. This amounts to a price increase in the range of Rs 22,452 – Rs 22,508...

KUV100 price increase is capped at Rs 2,672...

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-mahindrapricehikejuly2021417x450.jpg

Last edited by AutoNoob : 8th July 2021 at 09:27.
AutoNoob is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 8th July 2021, 10:02   #8483
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra price hike announced for entire product portfolio wef July 6, 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post

Source: Rushlane
What is this 3K hike on XUV 500 and Alturas? Both are on ventilator support. Just noticed, barring Alturas, Mahindra a SUV manufacturer has just 1 SUV that comes with option of 4x4. At one time, almost all their cars including Bolero came with option of 4x4.

Last edited by PrideRed : 8th July 2021 at 10:03.
PrideRed is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th July 2021, 10:26   #8484
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Outraging price hike for Mahindra Thar . Wasn't it already costly for what it offers ? Mahindra is really milking the popularity of Thar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
Wow thar is going to be expensive.
Does not mean anything. They still have a backlog of close to 40,000 orders. Those who want to buy will buy and those who will buy will get the delivery sometime end of next year (perhaps subject to a few more hikes).

Funny situation.

P.S: M&M can produce a maximum of 3,000 units per month without any constraints (COVID, chip shortage, etc.)

Last edited by Pancham : 8th July 2021 at 10:29.
Old 8th July 2021, 10:26   #8485
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
What is this 3K hike on XUV 500 and Alturas? Both are on ventilator support.
Considering average monthly sales of 500 for XUV5OO and 20 for Alturas, that's additional Rupees 16 lakh in Mahindra's pocket.

Quote:
Just noticed, barring Alturas, Mahindra a SUV manufacturer has just 1 SUV that comes with option of 4x4. At one time, almost all their cars including Bolero came with option of 4x4.
It's rationalizing product portfolio based on demand for market. Anyways there are not many takers for 4x4 vehicles in India, particularly in sub-15L segment. Thar, being a pure enthusiast vehicle, is probably the only exception.
AutoNoob is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th July 2021, 11:18   #8486
Distinguished - BHPian

The exact price hike per variant is not yet known, but my guess is they would increase prices of Thar Petrol variants the most. The 2.0 mStallion is much more sophisticated and expensive to make than the diesel engines, in spite of this, pricing for the Diesel variants were kept higher at launch. Many of us were surprised to see Petrol prices some 40K less than equivalent Diesel ones at launch, while the reverse was expected. This pricing strategy may have been aimed at higher adoption of Petrol in the early days, so that more people opt for the Petrol and thereby create proponents for this powertrain, once they experience its performance and refinement. Now that the Petrol is well established and there are many reviewers actually recommending it even over the Diesel, it is time to reposition the mStallion 2.0 to the premium end of the range and reflect actual cost to manufacture more fairly. Right now the price difference between the top end Petrol Auto and Diesel Auto is only 20K with the Diesel being more expensive (so, some part of the gap has already been narrowed since launch). I would not be surprised if Petrol prices went up 90K at the top end and Diesel Prices went up say 30K, thereby positioning the Petrol at a 40K premium over the Diesel. This will also make room for the mStallion 1.5 to be used at later date to create a more affordable 2WD version of the Thar.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 8th July 2021 at 11:21.
84.monsoon is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 8th July 2021, 11:31   #8487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Now that the Petrol is well established and there are many reviewers actually recommending it even over the Diesel, it is time to reposition the mStallion 2.0 to the premium end of the range and reflect actual cost to manufacture more fairly.
Is this true? XUV700 is at the top of my consideration list and I'm waiting for the official debut and price details.

However, my confusion is what powertrain to go with while inclining myself towards the diesel one; Mahindra's forte being a "diesel engine". However, the concerns over new scrappage policies, what's the long-term going to look like for diesel engines are a cause of worry.

Is the mStallion a better option now? Can you shed some light on this?
Old 8th July 2021, 12:08   #8488

The new pricing of the only other mainstream lifestyle vehicle, the updated Isuzu V-cross 4x4 might have encouraged Mahindra to go ahead with such a steep price hike, along with various other reasons mentioned in the thread.
Old 8th July 2021, 13:32   #8489
BHPian

Just had a chat with my SA for the Thar regarding the hiked prices, according to him the highest hike is for the diesel auto variant. The price list is still being made according to him, I will update as and when I get the revised list.
Mr.U is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th July 2021, 14:19   #8490
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Makes complete sense to me. The demand supply gap in the Thar shows there is still plenty untapped juice in the pricing. They’ve also gone about it in the right way. Calibrated a certain launch price which wasn’t less but not WAY overpriced either, established the demand over a sustained period and are now hiking the price.

They also know that a lot of their Thar customers probably spend a lakh or more straight out of the door in customising their steeds. Must have thought someone who wants to buy this isn’t going to now veer towards a softroader simply because of the price hike.
Axe77 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks