Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2021, 18:25   #8446
Senior - BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Mahindra announces discounts of up to Rs. 3 lakh on its cars

Mahindra has rolled out new offers on its range of vehicles for the month of July, 2021. Discounts range from Rs. 16,500 to Rs. 3.01 lakh.

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-1-2.jpg

The Alturas G4 has the highest benefits of up to Rs. 3.01 lakh. It includes a cash offer of up to Rs. 2.2 lakh, an exchange bonus of up to Rs. 50,000, a corporate discount of up to Rs. 11,500 and an additional discount of up to Rs. 20,000.

The KUV100 NXT is available with benefits of up to Rs. 61,055. It includes a cash discount of up to Rs. 38,055, exchange bonus of up to Rs. 20,000 and a corporate discount of up to Rs. 3,000.

Mahindra is offering benefits of up to Rs. 44,000 on the XUV300. The total benefits include a cash discount of up to Rs. 5,000, exchange bonus of up to Rs. 25,000, a corporate discount of up to Rs. 4,000 and additional benefits of up to Rs. 10,000.

Total benefits of up to Rs. 40,200 are being offered on the Marazzo. It includes a cash bonus of Rs. 20,000, exchange discount of up to Rs. 15,000 and a corporate discount of up to Rs. 5,200.

The Scorpio is available with benefits of up to Rs. 36,042. It includes an exchange bonus of up to Rs. 15,000, a corporate discount of up to Rs. 4,000 and other offers of up to Rs. 17,042.

Total benefits of up to Rs. 1.89 lakh are being offered on the XUV500. It includes a cash bonus of Rs. 1.13 lakh, exchange bonus of up to Rs. 50,000, a corporate discount of up to Rs. 6,500 and additional offers of up to Rs. 20,000.

Mahindra is also offering benefits of Rs. 16,500 on the Bolero. The cash discount on this car is Rs. 3,500, while the exchange bonus and corporate discount are Rs. 10,000 and Rs. 3,000, respectively.
TusharK is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 21st June 2021, 18:42   #8447
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Maruti to hike prices of its cars in July 2021
.... has been adversely impacted due to an increase in input cost.
Maruti cites rising input costs to increase their car prices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Mahindra announces discounts of up to Rs. 3 lakh on its cars.
On the other hand, Mahindra has announced discounts in the same breath. Guess they use different 'input' in their cars.

On a serious note, Mahindra sales have fallen in the past few months and that could have prompted these discounts. I guess these discounts would continue until the next gen XUV and Scorpio are launched (and hopefully KUV is discontinued).
ashis89 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st June 2021, 21:36   #8448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Maruti cites rising input costs t.... launched (and hopefully KUV is discontinued).
May be what Maruti 'Inputs' does get sold after 'Output' while Mahindras 'Output' doesn't sell as much. Ofcourse the exception is the Thar where the price was increased and hence the discounts.

I think only Datsun was daring to increase its car prices when their cars weren't even selling as much.

Good time for Mahindra buyers though. The BHPian who was wondering whether to buy the XUV500 'now' may either be more puzzled again or be happy!
RavSam is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2021, 01:55   #8449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post

However, MBIL's new sales strategy can change the discount scenario across luxury brands. It's also the right time for other brands to take advantage of any gaps that the market leader MBIL leaves.
Absolutely correct, Sir!

MBIL would inherently lose sales due to the new ROTF Sales Model move. At least the lower range models from Merc which are anyway extremely overpriced would definitely see lower sales.

It's the perfect time for Audi and BMW to bounce back and flood the luxury car market with great discounts, as much as possible, to lure in the prospective and also the "value-conscious" Merc buyers.

MBIL has been winning the No.1 spot on the Luxury Car Yearly Sales chart for the past 7years or so and if the other brands are clever enough, they should really capitalize (with High discounts) this great opportunity and send a Thank You Card to MBIL HQ, this Christmas!

Currently all the luxury car brands, including Audi are low on discounts due to various factors and seems like they're conserving cash and increasing profitability by offering 0/comparatively low discounts. Might be a good sign if all these brands have collectively decided to save the best for the CY End months and offer big discounts in the end months in order to gain as many numbers as possible to dethrone Merc, this year.
sampadroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2021, 12:42   #8450
BHPian

I think xuv500 at this discounted price is tremendous value. The sweet diesel automatic, coupled with spacious interiors and good looks(not Harrier good though), and reasonable reliability is a great package in my books.
DonHyd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2021, 15:22   #8451
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhir3127 View Post
Interested in BMW330i M sport and Hyderabad dealer is quoting 60L OTR ( zero discount ). I was always of the opinion that it should be atleast 10% discount on OTR. Any idea on other cities ? I am definitely not going to pay 60L for a 330i m sport with 0% discount.
I would wait for a few months. Unless dealers have enough stock, they will not offer good deals. Plus it makes sense to wait till Diwali/year-end to see what year end offers they come up with.
the_skyliner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2021, 09:35   #8452
BHPian

BMW india is to increase prices on some models from 1st July 21, by 3 percent, unsure if these would include entry level models or only the top end of the band.
Old 23rd June 2021, 13:33   #8453
BHPian

Got a text message from VOLVO that an XC90 Inscription with 2K on Odo is available for 95L in Mumbai. It is a display car in showroom condition.
Gsynch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2021, 16:21   #8454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSAM View Post
BMW india is to increase prices on some models from 1st July 21, by 3 percent, unsure if these would include entry level models or only the top end of the band.
In April 2021 itself, amidst the Lockdown and Second Wave, BMW India had increased the prices of their models, and now again with the onset of Q3, another unpleasant price increase is waiting to happen.

These Luxury car makers are going absolutely crazy with their prices and every quarter the prices are blatantly increased without any real justification!
sampadroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2021, 22:19   #8455
BHPian

Got to know that the Kia Carnival base version is offered with a discount of nearly 4L, i.e, nearly 3.75L, as per my local Kia dealer in Hyderabad!

The Kia Carnival base version costs 29.75L OTR, Hyderabad, and post discounts, the price is 26L OTR, Hyderabad!
car_guy1998 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th June 2021, 23:21   #8456
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsynch View Post
Got a text message from VOLVO that an XC90 Inscription with 2K on Odo is available for 95L in Mumbai. It is a display car in showroom condition.
Bad deal, brand new XC90's are going for 90-95 lakhs. I nearly closed the deal on one for 89L in March. 12-13L worth of discounts are available at any given point of the year and they are bound to increase as this is an aging product with a new generation around the corner. I would recommend looking for other options if one can't wait for the new generation
Aaroah is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2021, 12:15   #8457
BHPian

Any idea on the deals available on the new 530 BMW?
Old 30th June 2021, 18:12   #8458
BHPian

I am in the market for a new compact SUV. Can someone tell me what max discounts I can get right now on Audi Q2 or Mercedes GLA in Mumbai. Or is it best to wait till Diwali or year end to get these.
Old 30th June 2021, 20:41   #8459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wittycat View Post
Any idea on the deals available on the new 530 BMW?
New and also the latest launch from BMW. I don't think you'll get good discounts right now and even if you get discounts, it'll be too less and insignificant. Better to wait for a few months and try to look for deals in the Year-end months (Nov/Dec).

Quote:
Originally Posted by techspark View Post
I am in the market for a new compact SUV. Can someone tell me what max discounts I can get right now on Audi Q2 or Mercedes GLA in Mumbai. Or is it best to wait till Diwali or year end to get these.
Max discounts can never be determined. The harder you negotiate, the more is the discount, ofc good stock availability with the dealer is also a point.

Having said that, Audi Q2 is not a car that competes with the Merc GLA in any which way and one should not even pay more than 30L OTR (top-end variant) for the Q2, IMHO.

Merc GLA is also a new launch and you can't expect high discounts right now. Within a few months, you'll be able to get good discounts on the GLA.

Do have a look at the BMW X1 and the Volvo XC40 too. The X1 is old and nearing its generation change hence, really good discounts can be negotiated. Volvo XC40 is a slow mover, the dealer might be able to give more in such a case.

To be honest, if you're not in a hurry, it's always better to wait for the Festive season or the year-end months to buy any luxury car. I would suggest you to wait for Nov/Dec.

Also in the Compact Luxury SUV range, Audi Q3 is going to be launched early next year. You may check that out as well and then make an informed decision.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by sampadroy : 30th June 2021 at 20:43.
sampadroy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2021, 00:35   #8460
BHPian

Thank you for all your inputs
Quote:
Having said that, Audi Q2 is not a car that competes with the Merc GLA in any which way and one should not even pay more than 30L OTR (top-end variant) for the Q2, IMHO.
Yes I totally agree with that. GLA is just better in every aspect - especially the interiors but it's also more expensive. Audi Q2 - the best price I could get was around 37 Lakhs OTR last week but that too for the premium plus variant and to be honest I don't find it worth it. Also, another hassle was the car had to be registered outside Mumbai (to get at this price) and I did not like the idea of that (I am sure there are risks involved in that?). OTR Mumbai was at least 2-3 lakhs more. And plus all Q2's right now are 2020 manufactured and it seems like they are not ordering more cars and just trying to clear out the lot they already have.
I asked them if they could get the standard variant and they said they are all sold out and they have no idea when the new lot will come. So the first variant that you can get starts from the Premium plus variant.

This is my first luxury car and to be honest I want to get the best possible price. My initial budget was 30 Lakhs OTR but I soon realised it is not possible to get a new car with the Merc, Audi or BMW badge at this price (the badge is very important to me and hence I need a car from either of these 3 brands). Do you think by year end I can get Audi Q2 at around 30Lakhs OTR Mumbai? Or a GLA for around 35 Lakhs?
Quote:
Merc GLA is also a new launch and you can't expect high discounts right now. Within a few months, you'll be able to get good discounts on the GLA.
I really have my heart on GLA but right now even the petrol variant is very expensive and way out of my budget.

Quote:
Do have a look at the BMW X1 and the Volvo XC40 too. The X1 is old and nearing its generation change hence, really good discounts can be negotiated. Volvo XC40 is a slow mover, the dealer might be able to give more in such a case.
I strictly want to stick to the three brands above and so I would not consider Volvo. I test drove the x1 - but just a personal opinion I did not enjoy it that much and I don't like the shape of the car - also it's slightly bigger than other two and most of my driving is in the city and parking in tight places, hence I want the car to be as compact as possible.

Quote:
To be honest, if you're not in a hurry, it's always better to wait for the Festive season or the year-end months to buy any luxury car. I would suggest you to wait for Nov/Dec.
Yes, it seems like the best thing to do

Quote:
Also in the Compact Luxury SUV range, Audi Q3 is going to be launched early next year. You may check that out as well and then make an informed decision.
Going by the latest trend of manufacturers pricing new luxury cars I am sure Q3 will be way out of my budget and I would like to close this by year end

Also, since this is my first luxury car I am not sure about maintenance cost - is an Audi cheaper to maintain then a Merc? Or are they all the same? Also since Q2 is a CBU, will I have issues obtaining spare parts when needed?

Last edited by aah78 : 1st July 2021 at 01:22. Reason: Spacing fixed.
techspark is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks