Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2021, 16:57   #8401
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
I was about to make a booking this morning but postponed it to next week since I got held up at work. Now I will have to pay 20k extra i guess
Well, you can still pay a token amount and make the booking before EOD by calling them up (or asking them to visit you, which they do). It just needs to get entered into the system.
RavSam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2021, 19:20   #8402
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
I was about to make a booking this morning but postponed it to next week since I got held up at work. Now I will have to pay 20k extra i guess
Please go ahead and make a booking online on Tata motors website. Most of the dealers will try to take their customers for a ride. I don't know how will the dealers benefit with new prices. But most of car manufacturers don't offer price protection and kudos to Tata motors for doing that.

Last December when my brother booked Nexon, the dealer asked us to pay the full amount otherwise any impending price rise will reflect in the invoice(the vehicle was supposed to be delivered in January). Of course we didn't pay him the full amount and there was no price rise either. But we told him we are okay with the hike in prices if announced.

Bottom line is 'Book it online'
Tucker48 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2021, 18:52   #8403
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata Motors increased prices across its passenger vehicles range in May

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-20210508_184602.jpg

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-20210508_184630.jpg

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-20210508_184633.jpg

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-20210508_184641.jpg

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-20210508_184653.jpg

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-20210508_184705.jpg

Source : Rushlane

Last edited by Venkatesh : 8th May 2021 at 18:54.
Old 18th May 2021, 20:05   #8404
Distinguished - BHPian

Mercedes-Benz C-Class prices hiked, C300d AMG Line is now delisted from the brand’s India website.

The C200 Progressive variant is now expensive by Rs 59,863 and the C220d Progressive variant is now dearer by Rs 59,237

The C-Class Cabriole available in a single, top of the line C300 variant, the convertible gets a price hike of Rs 3.14 lakh.

Source
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2021, 21:35   #8405
Team-BHP Support

Most manufacturers are simply increasing the prices with Zero sales, locked factories and showrooms. Compliment the courage of the marketing guys in these companies.

I won't be surprised if we see completely opposite of last year. This time, it's totally different. Even though lockdown rules are not strict most people are happy staying at homes. I am not sure about the recoveries so soon, not until festivals at least.
Turbanator is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th May 2021, 21:51   #8406
Senior - BHPian

Top diesel dual tone variant of Nexon used to cost 9.45L ex-showroom in 2018. They removed features from it and jacked up price frequently. Now similar variant cost ~11L I think. Is Tata milking their safety ratings beyond the limits?
Old 18th May 2021, 22:18   #8407
BHPian

Tata Motors just announced its Financial Year 2021 net loss at approx ₹13,400 crore. So from their financial standpoint, discount deals or even "value pricing" etc is the last thing a customer can expect.

IMO atleast their PVBU division will likely be absorbed by another entity which could make better use of Tata Motors' resources (for its own products) to leverage to profitability anywhere in the near future. ie anyone having an extremely profitable product portfolio like Toyota has.

Just my 2¢.

Last edited by WorkingGuru : 18th May 2021 at 22:20.
Old 18th May 2021, 22:38   #8408
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Top diesel dual tone variant of Nexon used to cost 9.45L ex-showroom in 2018. They removed features from it and jacked up price frequently. Now similar variant cost ~11L I think. Is Tata milking their safety ratings beyond the limits?
To an extent, Yes.

Tata has always positioned it's models we'll only during launch. Once it has shown good response in market, they have started to do cost cutting. If you take Tata Tigor, since it's numbers are not that great, Tata has not hiked the price that much and also has not removed any major features from lineup.

Regarding Safety ratings, Tata has not been publishing 5 Star Rating of Nexon Facelift since its launch. I just don't understand how they manufacture so many variants (36 of them).

Just for some fun,

If I want to book a Folliage Green XMA Diesel, I'll not be getting it. So, dealer will upgrade it to XZA+ and earn that extra margin on higher variant. This is what happens in dealerships. I guess XE is the least selling variant in Nexon followed by XZ.

All Nexon's I see on road are XZ+ with & without Sunroof in Single tone or dual tone shades.

I am seeing another new norm these days with Most Manufacturers. Price Hike - Yes, it happens but now along with Calender Year, Financial Year has also been added. Now, we may see a Mid Year Hike as Well (August-October Period).

BS6 Phase II will make vehicles even more expensive and in 2023 CAFE Norms will introduce More Hybrid Models and Efficient Petrol Engine's leading to slow death of Diesel's. So, Diesel cars will phase out, but the new advanced Petrol Engine's will take up that space and manufacturer's will be left with only 1 option - Milk the customers.
CarguyNish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2021, 23:20   #8409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Most manufacturers are simply increasing the prices with Zero sales, locked factories and showrooms. Compliment the courage of the marketing guys in these companies.

I won't be surprised if we see completely opposite of last year. This time, it's totally different. Even though lockdown rules are not strict most people are happy staying at homes. I am not sure about the recoveries so soon, not until festivals at least.
I also feel there is a hidden cartel formation going on.

If everyone increases the prices simultaneously what choice does consumer have?

Where is competition commission when you need them.
SideView is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2021, 23:50   #8410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideView View Post
Quote:
I think these days cars are becoming more and more price inelastic. Most of the cars today have had segment jump in terms of pricing for various reasons but their demand hardly had much effect. A 5 lakh car has become 10 lakh, a 10 lakh car has become 15 lakh but no effect on their sales figures. I think people decide on their budget first and then go find out what are the options available. Unless something is extremely overpriced or extremely poor value for money like the ex CRV or that Octavia RS245, it will sell. Just look at Innova at 28 lakh or that Fortuner legender for 40+lakh.

It's very similar to mobile phone market. A samsung flagship used to cost around 30k 7-8 years ago. Now they have crossed 1lakh mark. Certain OnePlus launched their first flagship killer at around 25k if I'm not wrong but now they themselves have become flagship and charge nearly 60k. Almost all other OEMs are doing the same. None of their sales have taken a big downturn yet.
Carpainter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th May 2021, 00:37   #8411
AZT
BHPian

Quote:

People have also spent heavy on hospitals and now there's talk of the next wave affecting kids. PICU's being set up everywhere. I see people being judicious with how they spend for now.

Inflation is the magic word no one talks about, at the consumer level I wouldn't be surprised if it's already in double digits. Fuel, edible oil and in general input / raw material costs are at all time high. Off topic but we are just one rung above junk investment grade rating - This talks of the consequences.

I understand India wants a FTA with the EU but for the EU no deal is on the table till it includes lower tariffs on their cars and car parts. Our car companies are stuck in a bad place now with no room for increasing prices and the prospect of competition on the anvil.
AZT is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th May 2021, 01:40   #8412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideView View Post

Completely agree!

We as buyers have only one option left now which is to simply postpone our purchase and wait until the heavy discounts are back or the manufacturers fall to their knees and are compelled to reduce the Ex-showroom prices due to extremely low sales.

If they (manufacturers) can form hidden cartels, we buyers can too! It's just a matter of time to bring them back to their REAL PLACE, especially the Luxury Carmakers.
After all, we would be paying for their products and without sales, these companies cannot survive.

Now how long can they continue like this? The whole trend/phenomenon has to crash sooner or later!
We all gotta take a backseat now and wait until the downfall...simple.
sampadroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2021, 12:47   #8413
Senior - BHPian

Nissan Kicks: Benefits worth up to Rs. 75,000 on offer!

Nissan has announced offers on the Kicks crossover, with an aim to revive its sales.

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-kicks.jpg

The carmaker is offering benefits up to Rs. 75,000 on the car. These include a cash discount of Rs. 20,000 and exchange bonus of up to Rs. 50,000. Additionally, there is a Rs. 5,000 discount on offer for those with a CIBIL score of over 700.

The Nissan Kicks BS6 was launched exactly a year ago. The crossover competes in the highly contested compact SUV segment but has received a lukewarm response in the market. It is priced from Rs. 9.49 lakh (ex-showroom).

The Kicks is offered with a choice of two petrol engines - a 1.3-litre turbocharged unit producing 154 BHP and 254 Nm and a 1.5-litre naturally aspirated unit with 105 BHP and 142 Nm on tap. Transmission options include a 5-speed manual, 6-speed manual and a CVT automatic.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 19th May 2021 at 12:48.
TusharK is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 19th May 2021, 13:07   #8414
BHPian

Re: Nissan Kicks: Benefits worth up to Rs. 75,000 on offer!

Have always wondered why the huge waiting list for Creata/Seltos have not translated to sales for Kicks.

The car is good and reasonably priced for the variants. Are there any key issues with the car ( other than perception of the general public ) that it is not able to improve on sales.
m8002? is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th May 2021, 13:37   #8415
BHPian

Re: Nissan Kicks: Benefits worth up to Rs. 75,000 on offer!

Kicks is definitely a very good car. However to attract Creta / Seltos prospects, it needs to offer much more VFM and additional incentives in terms of features and not discounts. Nissan shouldn't put Kicks to Magnite standard and remove the aspirational barrier. Globally new kicks (and better looking) is in offer and there is no news of its launch in India.

Additionally if they can add some features like below, it may help them to have some mind space. Currently the model on offer appears like a compromise (either in budget or features) when compared to its peers.

- Lack of bling (bit of boring design (subjective))
- 1.3L engine in Auto transmission
- Hard plastics and conventional interiors
- No sunroof
- Only in petrol
- No curtain airbags
- No information on its safety rating etc.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks