Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2021, 15:28   #8551
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
I have the base 330i Sport and would strongly recommend the 340ix. Is the second batch also sold out? The 330 is great but the 340 is just mind-blowing.

As far as I know, neither BMW nor MB encourage registering in other areas, so best to check directly with the dealers in question.
Buddy, if it were me, I would have already bought the 340 X Drive! Sadly I don't have that kind of budget for a car, yet. I have tried explaining it makes more sense buying the 340 X Drive, doing a 5 year instead of a 3 year loan if they absolutely need to and keeping the car for a decade, but, they are very set in their thought process.

With regards to registration, you mean the dealers don't sell to you if you are going to register and actually take the car to a different state? Or they won't register a car out of state for you? The car will be registered and used in the state of residence, they just want to get the best deal they can.

I am not sure about the lots being sold out or not. I have not personally looked or gone to a showroom. From what I have heard though, they are sold out.

Last edited by imp! : 30th July 2021 at 15:29.
Old 30th July 2021, 23:57   #8552
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by redjeck View Post
Dropped idea of buying MG.
I noticed that, Chembur is not the only dealership in Mumbai for MG.

Enter your PIN code in the search box in the link and, you will get list of dealers.
I could see Prabhadevi and Malad and Navi Mumbai.
https://www.mgmotor.co.in/tools/dealers

May I suggest calling up other dealerships and, if the showroom’s are too far from your home to visit personally, you could maybe speak over the phone and try to get a better deal.

Please go through the below thread and, don’t give up on your dream car. Good luck

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4572288 (Had a bad sales experience at a dealer? Please do NOT eliminate the car model because of that!)
Old 31st July 2021, 01:09   #8553
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by imp! View Post

With regards to registration, you mean the dealers don't sell to you if you are going to register and actually take the car to a different state? Or they won't register a car out of state for you? The car will be registered and used in the state of residence, they just want to get the best deal they can.

I am not sure about the lots being sold out or not. I have not personally looked or gone to a showroom. From what I have heard though, they are sold out.
The BMW dealers will sell you the car with billing address that is in their "territory ".

So basically the Kolkata dealer won't sell you on a Bengaluru address and vice versa.

And your billing address is the same address that you have to give at time of registration also. So you can see the issue in this. Most dealers don't budge on this territory rule. (This is true for cars that remain in running stock, maybe they do make an exception for M340i)
agambhandari is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2021, 04:06   #8554

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTsunny View Post
I noticed that, Chembur is not the only dealership in Mumbai for MG.
I am aware of the other dealerships. However the hector is by no means a dream car by any standards . If Ford had updated the endeavour it would be a different story.

What I will not put up with is the sliminess of the approach to pricing merely on principle be it a car or any other item . Also No car manufacturer can dictate whose insurance I will use.

Even the pricing of their MG shield is unclear . Despite spending half an hour of trying to find what it covers and what it excludes and if prices include GST , I have been unable to find it. The dealerships have been unable to supply the wording .

The post is made to warn others to check pricing very very carefully when it comes to MG . If you look past the British name , it’s just lipstick on a pig.
redjeck is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2021, 09:51   #8555
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
. Most dealers don't budge on this territory rule. (This is true for cars that remain in running stock, maybe they do make an exception for M340i)
Not entirely true. I have bought most of my luxury cars from out of state for better discounts and self registered them at my local address.
Infact I have also done vice versa, bought from my local dealer and registered it out of state

Territory restrictions are good in theory but every aggressive dealership manages to find a way to work around this if they are keen. Sometimes all it takes is discussion with a higher up, sales rep wont budge.

It’s a free country, by law you cannot be restricted. These are all corporate rules that can and do always bend.
Sahil is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st July 2021, 10:11   #8556
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Not entirely true. I have bought most of my luxury cars from out of state for better discounts and self registered them at my local address.
Infact I have also done vice versa, bought from my local dealer and registered it out of state

Territory restrictions are good in theory but every aggressive dealership manages to find a way to work around this if they are keen. Sometimes all it takes is discussion with a higher up, sales rep wont budge.

It’s a free country, by law you cannot be restricted. These are all corporate rules that can and do always bend.
Agreed but you are not a first time luxury car buyer and are well versed with the dealers. For somebody like me who's buying a premium brand for the first time, such a hassle is not usually worth it. Especially if you would have to do self registration. Better than this, I would rather suggest talking to your local dealer.

In my case they happily matched the best offer I got from Delhi, so we were good with buying it in Ludhiana itself.
agambhandari is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2021, 13:42   #8557
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
I have bought most of my luxury cars from out of state for better discounts and self registered them at my local address.
MB India & Toyota don't bother. BMW and now Porsche is not very strict. Last time, I got my 7 from Gurgaon and wanted to get invoiced to Chandigarh had to escalate to BMW still they didn't budge, it was only due to my relations with Dealer Principal at Chandigarh that he agreed as an exception as reasons of purchase from Gurgaon had nothing to do with Prices. CBU's in case of BMW are exception. You can buy anywhere. Similarly, certain states are open, usually where there is no dealership. In that case, BMW dealers won't have an objection.

Quote:
It’s a free country, by law you cannot be restricted.
Correct, It's a completely wrong and unethical policy by BMW as well BMW Motorrad. This also can be highlighted with Anti Competition authorities as all this is done to control the end customer prices. Maybe some Lawyer buyer takes them to task.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
you are not a first time luxury car buyer and are well versed with the dealers. somebody like me who's buying a premium brand for the first time, such a hassle is not usually worth it. I would rather suggest talking to your local dealer.
Yes, you are correct. Most of the Discounts are fixed mutually by dealers and manufacturer. A little bit here and there, and if you have done your homework like you mentioned, stick with local. They will take care of registration too.

But it's always a good idea to check at other places and get an idea or even post here and members can chip in with their own experiences.
Turbanator is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st August 2021, 17:40   #8558
BHPian

Looks like Kia Carnival is offered with big discounts, a promotion from Kerala dealer -
The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-20210801_160810.jpg
IncheonKia
TorqueIndia is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 1st August 2021, 19:01   #8559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
But it's always a good idea to check at other places and get an idea or even post here and members can chip in with their own experiences.
I can vouch for this. Last year, when I was looking for offers on X4, I was going thru this thread and found that Navnit in Mumbai was offering Rs 10 lac discount. Started my conversation with SA, both in Navnit Bangalore and Deutsche Moteren, from this price point and they happily matched it. In fact got more than that from Deutsche Moteren along with 5 yr/60k KMs BSI+.
kiran_aithal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2021, 17:58   #8560

Hi,

I got an offer for a test drive Tiguan Allspace MY2019/imported March 2020.

5500kms on the odo. Looking at the CBU units only since they come with front assist. What would be a good price to pick it up?
Old 2nd August 2021, 19:19   #8561
Senior - BHPian

Tata Motors has decided that there would be price protection on vehicles retailed/billed on or before August 31 of this year.

Quote:
Tata Motors on Monday announced a minor hike in prices of all its passenger vehicles effective Tuesday (August 3) onwards.
Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 2nd August 2021 at 19:21.
Old 2nd August 2021, 20:21   #8562
BHPian

Got this as a WhatsApp forward. Can't believe the hike for Amaze and WRV . Its close to 1L. Seriously??
Attached Thumbnails
The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-fb_img_1627915703286.jpg  

5252rpm is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2021, 13:49   #8563
BHPian

OK.. With the sky high fuel prices and at best a warm demand for Honda vehicles, Looks like Honda is prioritizing bottom line Vs volumes. Cant blame them, but the Diesel engine hike is a tough pill to swallow. The less said about the WRV, the better. In the sea of CSUV's it was at the bottom of the pile. Now, even less reason to buy one over the Sonet / Nexon.
charanreddy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2021, 15:08   #8564
BHPian

What could be the reason for such a huge price hike. Is it because of chip shortage and Honda moved on to another OEM ? Anyway with almost 2.10 lakhs price difference between petrol and Diesel engines , will not add any value to a normal driver with the current petrol and diesel prices. It will take 5 years for an owner to break even, if they are driving around 1000 KM per month .. (I considered, Maintenance and mileage in to this calculation ). This is one angle, another is the inflation, 2.15 lakhs today is not valued at the same level 5 years down the line. So I would recommend to invest that 2.15 lakhs in something, where that grows with the actual inflation.
anumod is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2021, 15:14   #8565
BHPian

In 2013 we bought EX model diesel amaze for 7L on road. Now in 2021 , 1 million for cheap plastics, abundant cost cutting, 0 features doesn't make sense at all. Prices have evolved but this product has not.

Offended to see this price. Why, because for 7.9 ex I can get Altroz xm+ diesel. It has all basic necessities that one may require, like 16 inch wheel, remote lock unlock, internally adjustable orvm, touch screen. And 5 star rated.

In petrol for 7.5 ex I can get a Brezza, almost similar features albiet no touchscreen but 1.5 L engine.

Oh I can even get a Sonet base model diesel for 30k lesser(ex)

Sorry Honda but if you are selling less, doesn't mean you can increase the price to keep profits same.
Hispaniola is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks