Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2011, 14:15   #1051
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

The prices page on Hyundai website is updated since a couple of days.Any price revisions brewing?
Old 9th August 2011, 18:27   #1052
Senior - BHPian

Alam, you do have an option as there is one more service centre in dhankawdi.
Bit since i had a bad experience with them i shifted to Pimpri.
Infact my sales rep from the Civic time had told me to go to Pimpri in the first place, nice chap.

And what was the excuse given to change the VIN?
did your allotted vehicle get sold to someone else?
Old 10th August 2011, 01:15   #1053
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Alam, you do have an option as there is one more service centre in dhankawdi.
Bit since i had a bad experience with them i shifted to Pimpri.
Infact my sales rep from the Civic time had told me to go to Pimpri in the first place, nice chap.

And what was the excuse given to change the VIN?
did your allotted vehicle get sold to someone else?
Oh - didn't know there was another one in Dhankawdi. Although that will be closer - may just go to Pimpri based on reviews. Thanks for the information!

About the VIN, he said that the car with the older VIN had a dent on the door and that it was for a VMT model anyway. The VMT part doesn't sound right since you can figure out the type from the VIN [thanks to Wildon ]. The part before the Month/Year was 252 [i.e. characters 6, 7 and 8]. That indicates the SMT model. If it was 253, it would have been the VMT model.

The dent part may also have been a lie. I think he may have allocated that car to another buyer. We didn't really complain because we got a more recent model. Had we got an older model, we would not have accepted that.
Old 10th August 2011, 09:40   #1054
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alam86 View Post
Oh - didn't know there was another one in Dhankawdi. Although that will be closer - may just go to Pimpri based on reviews. Thanks for the information!

About the VIN, he said that the car with the older VIN had a dent on the door and that it was for a VMT model anyway. The VMT part doesn't sound right since you can figure out the type from the VIN [thanks to Wildon ]. The part before the Month/Year was 252 [i.e. characters 6, 7 and 8]. That indicates the SMT model. If it was 253, it would have been the VMT model.

The dent part may also have been a lie. I think he may have allocated that car to another buyer. We didn't really complain because we got a more recent model. Had we got an older model, we would not have accepted that.
Yes there is one there too, you can try it for the experience. But believe me i have not been to pleased with the service there. So to save you the trouble i recommend Pimpri.

But when they did the PDI did they notice the dent? or did this happen after the PDI. A dealer being so honest is real hard to believe.
Probably someone in need of a vehicle immediately and so they allotted it to them. Anyways since you got a more recent model. and the PDI came through alright, there is nothing to worry.
So today is D day.
Wishing your Dad a very smooth Delivery.
Congratulations & All the Best.
Drive Safe!

Tip : Immediately after delivery.
1. Fill the fuel tank to the Brim.
2. Get tire pressure checked from a proper tire shop.
3. Take USB of favorite music to enjoy the HU.
and ofcourse do not forget the camera.
Old 10th August 2011, 11:38   #1055
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alam86 View Post
We didn't really complain because we got a more recent model. Had we got an older model, we would not have accepted that.
All the best with the delivery. IIRC its today right? I'm sure you'd be experiencing goose bumps being far away now. But hey you can still visualize the experience of taking delivery. I'm sure when you are back in Nov you'll treasure the experience even better.

Good luck and looking forward to reading your ownership thread in a few months.
Old 10th August 2011, 12:03   #1056
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Yes there is one there too, you can try it for the experience. But believe me i have not been to pleased with the service there. So to save you the trouble i recommend Pimpri.

But when they did the PDI did they notice the dent? or did this happen after the PDI. A dealer being so honest is real hard to believe.
Probably someone in need of a vehicle immediately and so they allotted it to them. Anyways since you got a more recent model. and the PDI came through alright, there is nothing to worry.
So today is D day.
Wishing your Dad a very smooth Delivery.
Congratulations & All the Best.
Drive Safe!

Tip : Immediately after delivery.
1. Fill the fuel tank to the Brim.
2. Get tire pressure checked from a proper tire shop.
3. Take USB of favorite music to enjoy the HU.
and ofcourse do not forget the camera.
He actually gave us the different VIN even before we went for the inspection, so I'm with you on the reason. Someone else wanted it real bad and it was allotted to them.

Yes, today is D-Day. Just spoke to Dad. He will pick it up this afternoon.

Dad is going to take his iPod Nano with him, so I'm sure he'll be enjoying his music as he rolls out

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
All the best with the delivery. IIRC its today right? I'm sure you'd be experiencing goose bumps being far away now. But hey you can still visualize the experience of taking delivery. I'm sure when you are back in Nov you'll treasure the experience even better.

Good luck and looking forward to reading your ownership thread in a few months.
Thanks both of you! I'm getting goose bumps over here too. I just saw the pics of the Pre-Registration inspection and the car looks awesome - even with a little bit of dust on it
Old 10th August 2011, 16:25   #1057
Senior - BHPian

Just got a call from Whitefield Honda, they are offering the City SMT for 9.5L on road bangalore. Presumably under the 15th August offer for a few days.
Old 10th August 2011, 16:30   #1058
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Just got a call from Whitefield Honda, they are offering the City SMT for 9.5L on road bangalore. Presumably under the 15th August offer for a few days.
Is the City E MT still available? And what are the discounts like? Less than the discounts on the S MT or at par? And any offers on financed deals?
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.P.M View Post
Just closed a deal thru an agent for a VW Polo 1.2 Silver Highline for my aunt.

Freebies included:

free comprehensive insurance
Free AMC for 3 years
Free 2 year extended warranty
Free accessories worth 10k
25 ltrs petrol
Is the 6.99% interest rate available on the Polo in the case of financed buys?
Old 10th August 2011, 16:36   #1059
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkin evoisrevo View Post
Is the City E MT still available? And what are the discounts like? Less than the discounts on the S MT or at par? And any offers on financed deals?
Not sure about that E part. I did check with them when i had visited them for a casual look around a few days back and they said that Honda had stopped the E. I can give you the number of the sales guy if you want, by PM.
Old 10th August 2011, 16:41   #1060
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Not sure about that E part. I did check with them when i had visited them for a casual look around a few days back and they said that Honda had stopped the E. I can give you the number of the sales guy if you want, by PM.
The dealer in Chennai informed me that Honda has stopped delivering EMT and would start again in September 2011. They are trying hard to convince me that SMT is the one to for and EMT is not VFM.
Old 10th August 2011, 16:47   #1061
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
The dealer in Chennai informed me that Honda has stopped delivering EMT and would start again in September 2011. They are trying hard to convince me that SMT is the one to for and EMT is not VFM.
Thanks a ton for the info! Honda just loves 're'-discontinuing & 're'-producing E versions.

Anyway, as per info on this thread, the current deals on the City are +/-
-75k off including corporate discount
-free insurance
-free maintenance
-some free accessories.
Have I got it right?
Old 10th August 2011, 17:42   #1062
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkin evoisrevo

Thanks a ton for the info! Honda just loves 're'-discontinuing & 're'-producing E versions.

-free insurance
-free maintenance
-some free accessories.
Have I got it right?
Do you mean that the 75k is apart from free insurance..etc. That would be a tough ask. For me, the 75k included the free insurance and the extended warranty.

Last edited by kap04 : 10th August 2011 at 17:56.
Old 10th August 2011, 18:24   #1063
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

-free insurance
-free maintenance
-some free accessories.
Have I got it right?
Whoa! that would be a dream deal.
I think the max someone has managed so far is 85K cash discount.
So what this includes is cash discount + free insurance + ext warranty and RSA.
but you will not free accessories in this deal.
However Independence is coming up, and so you may just be able to squeeze out more than this.

regarding the 6.99% on the Polo.
That's the rate of interest you will have to pay if you take a loan from VW.
Which is a special rate that is under normal market loan rates.
Good Luck!
Old 11th August 2011, 04:03   #1064
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by barua

But i am not getting more then 3-4 lac from merc and no where close to the 30-35% mark .. any idea if this is for current year stock or last year's old stock? I feel these could be for 2010 cars they still may have , or showroom 'demo' cars?

Is this 35% discount true? I called up the Hyd dealer and he said he can give a 5lac discount only if I am paying cash down.

Haven't heard of a 30% discount anywhere. Was a li'l busy so forgot to ask abt the mercedes finance etc.

Which city is the 30% offer in?
When is the new merc c expected? If we know that then we can figure out till when the discount on the mercs will last.
Old 11th August 2011, 09:53   #1065
BHPian

To all bhpians from Bangalore: There are two "Bumper" offers on Hyundai and Maruti cars as splashed on newspapers. Can anyone confirm the details:

Offer 1: Hyundai is offering a mouthwatering 5.99% scheme on i10 and santro.

Offer2: Maruti is offering special EMIs on WagonR, Alto and K10. eg, Wagon R is being offered at an emi of around 4K.

Can someone please let us know the hidden clauses.I even got a call from Bimal Motors saying that special offers are on till 15th August.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks