Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2011, 17:33   #1111
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

There is a 55000/- discount on a-star here in Chennai, valid until the month end.

Gift cheque = 35000
Exchange bonus = 20000
Total = 55000
Mr_Bean is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2011, 18:55   #1112
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Nissan is offering a cool Rs. 1,00,000/- cash discount on the X-Trail SUV.

If you are a prospective customer of the X-Trail, this is your chance to head to your nearest Nissan showroom pronto.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2011, 12:42   #1113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pravingmh View Post
I am in a bit of a quandry deciding between quotes for the Honda City-VMT and would appreciate any help that can resolve this

Thanks
You say Dealer A is giving 9.9 with extended warranty. Accessories seem same as others. So seems best to me. Not sure what the impact of not having a Honda Assure insurance would be. I know of many people who get insurance done by themselves as quotes are better, so should not be a big issue.

Quotes I am getting for City VAT in Bangalore
Dealer A
OTR: 11.38 (does not include 3+4 yr warranty+RSA)
Discounts: 0.60
I need to pay: 10.78
Did not discuss accessories

Dealer B
OTR: 11.48 (includes 3+4 yr warranty+RSA)
Discounts: 0.58
I need to pay: 10.90
Accessories: Sun film, side protectors, bumper protectors, reverse parking sensors.

Dealer C
Did not pick the phone on 2 attempts! So I take it that he is not interested in doing business.
Old 17th August 2011, 15:25   #1114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Force dealer B to include extended warranty + RSA.
Remember to bring along that cheque book.
Speak to your sales rep first. Show him the cheque book. Tell him to call the manager. Speak to the manager directly, tell him if he agrees he can take the booking amount cheque right away.
Bang on mdsaab. Take a bow. Thanks a ton

The cheque book trick is nifty and it worked with getting in the extended warranty.
Old 17th August 2011, 15:26   #1115
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Nissan is offering a cool Rs. 1,00,000/- cash discount on the X-Trail SUV.

If you are a prospective customer of the X-Trail, this is your chance to head to your nearest Nissan showroom pronto.
This is not much. I guess some 6 months back, they were offering 3-4L discounts straight away. Waiting till the festive season might get more discounts.
Old 17th August 2011, 16:03   #1116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pravingmh

Bang on mdsaab. Take a bow. Thanks a ton

The cheque book trick is nifty and it worked with getting in the extended warranty.
*BOW*
their mouth literally waters when they see that cheque book in your hand.
I am glad you got the extended warranty. It's gives you that extra piece of mind.
Do check out your VIN on the wildon's fantastic VIN thread.
And go through the PDI check list on the respesctive thread.
So what colour did you opt for?
mdsaab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2011, 16:19   #1117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post
Thats right, even i got a screwed up vehicle when i had TD a Xylo once , you just couldnt drive it. But with Honda , my experience has been much better. The two dealers with whom i had requested a TD car brought home a very well maintained vehicle. Probably thats one of the reasons ive decided to go with a Honda
I also had a similar exp with Xylo. The odo was showing 17000 km, but I felt it was close to a lakh of km! I didnt want to think the Xylo was so bad in quality, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
Thats good sahakar. I haven't yet experienced a good TD car except for Honda and Chevy. But, good TD vehicle alone will not be a deciding factor for me.
TD alone is not a deciding factor, but it will give a feel of how the car can fare over a period of time. The Innova I drove, felt like brand new to me, till I switched the odo to check the mileage. It showed 70000 km, and drove like a brand new car - sure, they would have maintained it well. Actually, for me, this was a huge influencing factor, apart from the comfort, even with just basic features (basically its an A/c box on wheels). Just to add, my brand new Innova also gives me the same feel as that 70K km old car! So I guess TD gives a good feel of what to expect in the future, right?
Old 17th August 2011, 19:47   #1118
BHPian

It should be looked at this way - The TD car is an index as to how bad the car can ever get.

I don't think a personal vehicle will ever have to go through the abuse a TD car has to.
Old 17th August 2011, 22:52   #1119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Remember the 85K is a full cash discount and no accessories. But no harm in trying for more. Who knows you may raise the bar for ANHC discounts here on Team-BHP.
Good luck mate!
Second City Booking Deal of the day reported in this thread. Details:
Trim: VAT
OTR in Bangalore: 11.48L (incl 3_4 yr Warranty + RSA)
Cash Discount: 0.8L
I pay: 10.68
Accessories:
Body Cover
3M Sun Film
Reverse Parking Sensor
Side Door protector
Bumper Protector, Black (6.8K extra if I want body colored)

Will save another 7-8 K due to 50% NCB. But will pay 4K additional for zero-dep coverage.
He said insurance will be ICICI/Reliance. Insisted on Honda Assure. Agreed.

Color choice will be made tomorrow between Silver or Bold Beige. Both colors available ex-stock. VIN will be given tomorrow once color is finalize. Can inspect the car then and there since the stock yard is next to showroom.

Hope to get delivery later this week or mid next week.

Now searching for the VIN and inspection threads in this forum.
Bh.P is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2011, 00:09   #1120
BHPian

^^ 0.8L is a killer deal Dude -Congratulations!!!
Do carry on the PID in bright day light.
Don't forget the 3M warranty card for the sun-films; zero dep is must and highly recommended.

Looking forward to a ownership thread soon with lots of pics.
RemingtonSteele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2011, 09:01   #1121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bh.P View Post
Accessories:
Body Cover
3M Sun Film
Reverse Parking Sensor
Side Door protector

Will save another 7-8 K due to 50% NCB. But will pay 4K additional for zero-dep coverage.

Color choice will be made tomorrow between Silver or Bold Beige. Both colors available ex-stock. VIN will be given tomorrow once color is finalize. Can inspect the car then and there since the stock yard is next to showroom.

Mind blowing deal mate! Congratulations, i think you just raised the bar.
Why not Bajaj Allianz as the insurer? from what i heard, it's Honda Assure, Bajaj Allianz, Iffco Tokio and maybe one other which offers cashless claim. Please make sure that ICICI or reliance will give you the same. and yes pay the 4K for the zero dep, extremely necessary and worth it 100%.
irony eh, 0% is worth is 100%
Both colors are my favorite.
Silver is Chicca's and the Golden Beauty is well ofcourse Bold Beige.
So you will not go wrong with either.
Since the stockyard is right next to the dealer, things will be much easier and quicker. and as Remi Cuz pointed out, PDI in daylight for sure.

Here is the link to Wildon's fabulous VIN thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...cture-vin.html

For PDI checlist.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...k-list-22.html

and

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ulkarni-4.html

Hope this helps.
Good Luck!
and congratulations once again.
mdsaab is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2011, 09:44   #1122

Congratulations! Excelelnt negotiations - this is a new benchmark on this thread! Shows that if you negotiate unflaggingly you can always get a better deal. MDsaab has been among the ones encouraging potential buyers to keep trying - and it shows!
I got VMT at 9.8 last week - since I am a little primitive and actually love manual transmission. Had my husband known he could get AT at this kind of pricing, I doubt I would be driving my Red VMT around today.

I got the side-step garnish as a free accessory - which looks cool in the dark but is otherwise, just, well... garnish

Re color, had been thinking about Bold beige myself - the burnished golden look gives the City road presence esp. in day time and bright sunlight. You might want to check it around dusk or late in the evening to see if you/friends and family like it even then. The silver, IMO, is not as eye catching now there are so many of them - though the shape of the City still can hold its own among the other cars on the road.

Quote:
Accessories:
Body Cover
3M Sun Film
Reverse Parking Sensor
Side Door protector

RPRI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2011, 10:25   #1123
BHPian

Quote:
Accessories:
Body Cover
3M Sun Film
Reverse Parking Sensor
Side Door protector

Congrats Bh.p! This is a great deal. The best deal I have heard of on T-BHP!

Good luck with the delivery process and enjoy your new car
alam86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2011, 12:42   #1124
BHPian

Quote:
Accessories:
Body Cover
3M Sun Film
Reverse Parking Sensor
Side Door protector

Awesome BH.P - You mave made my resolve stronger not to get a City till somebody in Bombay matches this deal

Enjoy the car...

Cheers
sahakar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2011, 12:44   #1125
BHPian

Thanks RPRI, alam86.
Thanks mdsaab. Your posts on current deals made this deal possible.

Had been to the dealer. Wife and I debated on color for around 15 mins, looking at ready for delivery cars. Silver won. I know it is not and "attractive" color, but that is what won it. We do not intend to be noticed every where . Once color was confirmed, VIN was given immediately.

Saw the vehicle in stock. No visual issues. VIN indicated Apr 2011. Fine with me.
They then got the car from stock to showroom (next door). Noted the odo to be 8 kms. Fine too. Drove around in showroom, felt good.

Had asked for Michellin. This one had MRF :(. He said no car in stock with Michellin. Also said risky to wait for next lot since the offer may not be valid (yeah right, may be better offers will be valid then). Anyways, skipped that point on the wish list, paid the checks.
Gave instructions for no teflon, no stickers on the body anywhere, 35% 3M sun film.

Will get delivery once checks are cleared, i.e. Sat or Monday.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks