Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2011, 14:29   #1231
Senior - BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Results of a time-killing activity on a Friday:

Petrol hatch-backs in India:

(Prices are OTR Pune)
  1. Indica Vista 65HP GVX: 5.60 lacs
  2. Beat LT Optional: 5.60 lacs
  3. Punto 1.2 Emotion: 5.70 lacs
  4. Ritz ZXi: 5.80 lacs
  5. Swift ZXi: 6.15 lacs
  6. Micra XV: 6.15 lacs
  7. Fabia Elegance: 6.60 lacs
  8. i20 Asta: 6.70 lacs
  9. Polo Highline: 6.80 lacs
  10. Indica Vista 90HP GZX: 6.80 lacs
  11. Punto 1.4 Emotion Pack: 6.80 lacs
  12. Jazz X: 6.90 lacs
Some observations:
  • Look how immaculately new Swift has been placed.
  • Even though Jazz still looks to be the most expensive hatch, IMHO I would prefer it over i20, Indica Vista 90HP, Punto 1.4 EPK, Micra XV.
  • IMO Tata has lost the game with the 90HP Vista. They were always known to be best VFM in India, but look at the price of Vista 90HP. No offense to any Vista 90HP owner, but I think its way too expensive.
P.S. The actual prices could be +- 5k, but this could give you an idea. Also, other states prices would obviously be different, for instance, Delhi prices are always lower than Pune and Banglore prices are always higher than Pune.

Please note that I may have omitted a few cars here because I thought that they were not suitable in this list.
ajay_satpute is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2011, 15:07   #1232
Team-BHP Support

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Even though Jazz still looks to be the most expensive hatch, IMHO I would prefer it over i20, Indica Vista 90HP, Punto 1.4 EPK, Micra XV.
Couldn't agree more. I think Honda has got the pricing right for Jazz now; of course, 10-20k off further and Jazz will top the charts.

The competition is the ~6.5 bracket is mind-blowing; can't imagine how spoilt the Indian customer is.

One thing though - for how many of these listed cars does the diesel sell more than the petrol? Eg. i20
Old 2nd September 2011, 15:12   #1233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
One thing though - for how many of these listed cars does the diesel sell more than the petrol? Eg. i20
Except Polo, i20 and Jazz (naturally), all other vehicles' diesel variants sell more. In some cases, the share of petrol cars is just about 10-15%.
Old 3rd September 2011, 17:57   #1234
BHPian

Hello.. has anyone got a Fiesta Classic Petrol recently? Could you please post the price and discounts if any.. Has anyone got anything more than the 20K corporate discount? Accessories? insurance?

Thanks a bunch
Old 6th September 2011, 20:09   #1235

I have got the following quote:
Car-Fiat Punto MJD
Variant-Active
City-Ghaziabad
OTR- 5.38 L for White and additional 4k for Tuscan Wine colour
Accessories- Mud flaps, Mats, Idol and perfume (regular stuff)
Central locking quoted at 8.5 k

I request you guys to please reflect on these numbers.
Is there room to haggle more?
Will this price/availability get affected in any way after the announcement by FIAT regarding separate dealership?
Old 6th September 2011, 23:25   #1236
Senior - BHPian

Fiat is offering huge discounts for T-jet for this month. I got the following quote from a dealer in Chennai for Linea T-Jet Plus.

T-Jet Plus
OTR - 10,70,852

Gift Cheque - Rs. 75,000
Free Insurance - Rs. 33,457
Corporate Discount - Rs. 10,000
Free extended Warrenty and RSA.

Final Offer - Rs. 9,52,395

Note:- I am sure that the dealer may offer another another 10-15K discount for a serious buyer .

Last edited by rameshnanda : 6th September 2011 at 23:30.
Old 7th September 2011, 09:40   #1237
BHPian

Just got a call from Hyundai SA saying that they are offering 12K-15K discounts on Petrol i20 versions.

I am sure Hyundai have started feeling the heat from the Swift and SPHJ.

With Brio and Liva Diesel launches in September, things are going to be very interesting in the hatchback segement.
Old 7th September 2011, 10:09   #1238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
Fiat is offering huge discounts for T-jet for this month. I got the following quote from a dealer in Chennai for Linea T-Jet Plus.
Could this be the "ANHC" effect? The already slow moving Lineas (saleswise) would hardly find any buyers now, when one gets the very reliable, fun to drive ANHC at slashed prices. If this is not enough, the recent events of TATA-FIAT going separate ways (at least for the dealerships/ showrooms) would have made the dealers a bit jittery & they might now be thinking of getting rid of whatever inventory they have at the earliest, before the auto demand slowdown hits them really hard.
Old 7th September 2011, 10:59   #1239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Model-Bouncer View Post
I have got the following quote:
Car-Fiat Punto MJD
Variant-Active
City-Ghaziabad
OTR- 5.38 L for White and additional 4k for Tuscan Wine colour
Accessories- Mud flaps, Mats, Idol and perfume (regular stuff)
Central locking quoted at 8.5 k

I request you guys to please reflect on these numbers.
Is there room to haggle more?
Will this price/availability get affected in any way after the announcement by FIAT regarding separate dealership?
5.38 L for Active variant is probably a OK price. There is obviously a lot of room to haggle more. Firstly, Fiat is not doing good at all. Secondly, Punto's Active variant is least sold of all the variants. You should bargain for another 10-15k cash discount or get some useful accessories such as art-leather seats, reverse parking sensors with camera, or tell them to give you the Tuscan Wine colour without extra charge.

Central locking for 8.5 k? What central locking are you referring to? If you are referring to Remote locking, then it doesn't cost more than 3-4k anywhere in India. If Active variant doesn't have central locking mechanism, then may be thats the cost to get it fitted. But, thats very unlikely.
Old 7th September 2011, 12:20   #1240
Senior - BHPian

Get a City for just 9999 INR per month.
Attached Thumbnails
The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-getimage.dll.png  

Old 7th September 2011, 12:28   #1241
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post

T-Jet Plus
OTR - 10,70,852

Gift Cheque - Rs. 75,000
Free Insurance - Rs. 33,457
Corporate Discount - Rs. 10,000
Free extended Warrenty and RSA.

Final Offer - Rs. 9,52,395

Note:- I am sure that the dealer may offer another another 10-15K discount for a serious buyer .
Awesome man.. I need to go and check it out this weekend.

If I can get it down to less than 9 lakhs OTR Bombay will definitely seal the deal.

Cheers
Old 7th September 2011, 14:23   #1242

When you say FIAT is not doing good at all, do you mean sales wise or performance wise?
Active version does not come with central locking at all, so it needs to be fit. Also, on Team-bhp, people have quoted central locking with remote in the range of 8-8.5k

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
5.38 L for Active variant is probably a OK price. There is obviously a lot of room to haggle more. Firstly, Fiat is not doing good at all. Secondly, Punto's Active variant is least sold of all the variants. You should bargain for another 10-15k cash discount or get some useful accessories such as art-leather seats, reverse parking sensors with camera, or tell them to give you the Tuscan Wine colour without extra charge.

Central locking for 8.5 k? What central locking are you referring to? If you are referring to Remote locking, then it doesn't cost more than 3-4k anywhere in India. If Active variant doesn't have central locking mechanism, then may be thats the cost to get it fitted. But, thats very unlikely.
Old 7th September 2011, 14:37   #1243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Model-Bouncer View Post
When you say FIAT is not doing good at all, do you mean sales wise or performance wise?
Active version does not come with central locking at all, so it needs to be fit. Also, on Team-bhp, people have quoted central locking with remote in the range of 8-8.5k
I meant "sales-wise" only. Fiat cars are great piece of engineering IMO. So I wont say anything bad about their cars.

Thansk for sharing info about the Active version not having central locking. Its news to me. All the best for your purchase!
Old 7th September 2011, 16:35   #1244
BHPian

GM India to review auto prices in Sept2011

GM India to review auto prices in Sept2011 - head
2:03pm IST 07/09/2011

Quote:
MUMBAI (Reuters) - General Motors Co's India unit will review its prices in September, a senior executive said on Wednesday, joining the ranks of several automakers mulling a price increase in India to offset rising costs of raw materials.
Speaking on the sidelines of an industry conference, Karl Slym, president of GM India, provided no further detail.
Demand for cars in India is expected to slow more than predicted during this fiscal year, an industry body said on Wednesday, as rising interest rates and vehicle costs prompt a pull-back in spending in the world's second-fastest growing auto market after China.
Source: Business News - Indian Stock Market, Stock Market News, Business & Finance, Market Statistics | Reuters India
Old 7th September 2011, 16:52   #1245
BHPian

Toyota to raise prices by 1.5-2 pct in India from 1st Oct2011

Toyota to raise prices by 1.5-2 pct in India - exec
1:26pm IST 07/09/2011
Quote:
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Japanese car maker Toyota Motor Corp will raise prices on most models by 1.5 percent to 2 percent with effect from Oct. 1, said Sandeep Singh, deputy managing director of Toyota Kirloskar -- a joint venture between Toyota and India's Kirloskar group.
Automakers in India have been raising prices in recent months to offset high input costs.
Source: Business News - Indian Stock Market, Stock Market News, Business & Finance, Market Statistics | Reuters India
RemingtonSteele is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks